Used 2007 Infiniti QX56 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

Watch out for Mice!
By Don G.

2007 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Leased QX56 in June 07. Had Continental Tires on it and ride was noisey and rough. All the doors rattled and windows did the same. All the door hinges & strikers misaligned and had to be realigned. Gas mileage 11 in city 17 on highway, but expected. Interior exceptional but Nav is awful. Two voices and one you can't hardly understand. This is a 39 month lease with 45,000 mi.Recently just after starting vehicle the 4WD, SLIP, VDC, and ABS idiot lights came on! Took vehicle to dealer and their findings indicated that the sensor had an open circuit, they found wiring Harness damage to the L/F sensor. They claim wires were eaten by a mouse? Wire covered with a plastic cable? Want $300+ to fix!

Favorite Features

Obviously the plush interior. Audio very good, ditto DVD. But, rides like a truck! Not anywhere like the 2010 just driven. Good powerful engine. Very SAFE vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy. Better Navigation system. Tighter all around body including doors and windows. Vehicle seems to produce more rattles and sounds as mileage increases. 39 month lease on this vehicle to long. 36 max allows to change to newer rather than put up with the Mouse stuff!

Much Better Than Expected
By RODO

2007 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I inherited this 4WD Beast when my Mother passed away. Not the SUV I would have purchased, but I am overly impressed. We named it the QE2, a great road vehicle, solid as a rock, very comfortable, 18mpg and my Suburban does NO BETTER, and NOWHERE NEAR the truck this one is. QUALITY ALL THE WAY. I highly recommend this truck.

Favorite Features

Towing is awesome, acceleration is frighting, tranny silky smooth, braking is positive. Sun/Moon roof super. Instruments well placed and easy to read. Fit and finish superb. Power lift gate very convenient, Sound system is awesome. DVD is cool. Hands free phone and gate opener are great features.

Suggested Improvements

Longer wheelbase and cargo room. Should have been made to carry a 4x8 sheet of plywood inside, no question. Front cup holders in the wrong place. Flex fuel. Rain sensing wipers. Key-less ignition. Bright yellow fog lights.

Love this Car
By Dee

2007 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am in love with this vehicle. It's comfortable, stylish and so much fun to drive. Plus I feel like a million bucks every time I drive it because it feels like luxury. Besides, it also performs very well and runs like a dream.

Favorite Features

style, comfort, luxury interior.

Suggested Improvements

the GPS control switch...they actually changed this already beginning with the 2008 model.

Regret Buying QX56 Every Day!
By Maxjack

2007 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Worst mistake I've ever made. I've had problems with this vehicle the first 3 hrs I had it. Once vehicle was bought, Infiniti customer service vanished. Car was brand new and had many scratches and flaws. DVD player broke, differentials went bad within 4 months, rust on vehicle, key fobs work some days and some days not. This car has paint chips everywhere! A bug hits the car and the paint chips! This car has new squeaks and rattles every day. Interior is very plasticy and is put together poorly. None of the plastic lines up. Leather is falling off of door. Infinity just keeps gluing it and won't fix it. I could not be any more disappointed in a company.

Favorite Features

Good in snow. Heated seats are nice and hot. Great cargo space. Navigation is a waste. Not user friendly at all.

Suggested Improvements

Needs interior improvements. Navigation needs major improvements. Rush button start. Auto wipers, new key fobs. Husband has Lexus. He loves it more than the day he bought it. We will be getting rid of this and getting another.

Great fun vehicle
By merton

2007 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the QX56 over Memorial Day weekend, gave up on the 08 becoming available any time soon. We got a great price, car rides and feels firm on the road and turns much better (tighter) than the FX35 that we traded. Get the XM radio, its great. Strong performer with 320hp. Gas mileage is what I expected for this size auto. Fit and finish is excellent and we like the safety features for us and 6 grandchildren.

Favorite Features

Ride is excellent and loaded with standard features that are add-ons with other SUVs.

Suggested Improvements

Check out the 08, everything that needs to be done has been on the 08, but expect to pay more for what will be the same vehicle, powertrain (engine and transmission).