2006 Infiniti QX56 Consumer Review: I Love My Car

2006 Infiniti QX56 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (5.6L V8 5-speed Automatic)

I Love My Car
By Yolanda on

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

So far it has been great! This is my first Infiniti QX56, previous 2 SUVs were Lincoln Navigator and Ford Expedition. Have also driven an Escalade much. Not the get up and go power of the Escalade but a close second. More comfortable than the Escalade or my previous SUV's. Great construction--sturdy, Navigator moldings didn't hold up well to my 3 girls and their numerous friends pilled into "mom's taxi." Did have an immediate gear shift problem within hours of receiving the new car, fixed within 24 hours at the dealer. Gear was slipping out of drive and brakes locking up until motor turned off (not good in traffic)--no problems since first day. Love the look, size, engine power.

Favorite Features

Speed/power, construction, user friendly controls, Bose speaker system, Bluetooth phone system, 2nd row fold down is easy, beautiful body style/color

Suggested Improvements

I wish driver didn't have to insert DVD into player, should be in the back. Would prefer push button powered 3rd seat fold down, because fold down is easy but restoring to upright takes time.