Used 2006 Infiniti QX56 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

Best SUV I've owned
By Sarah

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I just for the QX56 two weeks ago and it is a joy to drive. After driving a QX4 and a Toyota 4Runner, both of which were fine, the QX56 is the car I've waited for. The ride is smooth and firm for such a big vehicle. I love the power of the V8 and the fact that I can take just about anything (and anyone) wherever I need to go. With only one child and one dog, my husband thinks I'm nuts to drive such a big SUV, but I love how safe I feel. This is the 4th Infiniti we've owned and we can't imagine buying any other brand of car.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, backup camera, stereo system, comfortable seats. Ease of fold-down seats.

Suggested Improvements

Being able to watch a DVD on the front display screen, but other than that, no improvements needed.

Picked over Mercedes
By rhino2000

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I were sold on the Mercedes GL-450 until she drove the QX56. Not only was the hype of a Mercedes false, but the QX56 was superior. We only wish they offered the Intelligent Key allowing entry wihtout pressing any buttons. Power folding seats would also be nice. Howevver; these features are not worth the $20k difference of the Mercedes. We are so happy we chose this vehicle over the Mercedes. If you are in the market for a large SUV, you MUST drive this one! Also, the Infiniti service is second to none.

Favorite Features

Styling is very different. Room and comfort is the best out there. Navi is awesome and the Voice recognition is fast and very accurate. Seats are soft and all guages are very visible. Bluetooth is a snap to setup and the stereo is easy to work.

Suggested Improvements

Larger DVD screen and larger Navi screen. They look small in this big vehicle. Auto locking and unlocking doors, power rear folding seats and Intelligent key standard. Could have more wood trim for this class. Should offer headrest DVD also, center DVD blocks rear view sometimes.

Best SUV Out There
By OL

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The title speaks for itself. I bought the QX56 for my lead-footed wife and she loves it so much she may just keep it (unlike the other 3 SUV's in the last 5 years). She has not one single complaint. Maybe I'll surprise her and buy her a new one if there is a re- design.

Favorite Features

Basically, every material feels "high- grade."

Suggested Improvements

None.

Love this SUV
By Shugrady

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I just got my QX56 5 days ago and I'm so happy. I traded in a 2001 QX4 that served us well. We decided to make the leap to a BIG SUV and it was the absolute right thing to do. It's fun to drive, there's tons of room for everything (and everyone), and it looks great. My husband thinks I'm nuts to want to drive such a big car, but it makes me feel extremely safe, plus it drives like a luxury car, not a big SUV. This is our 4th Infiniti and we are customers for life.

Favorite Features

Ride, navigation system, rear lift gate, on/off button for radio for passengers in the rear (my 11 year old son loves his dad and me by switching radio stations in our M35). The turning radius is better than on my I35 --- amazing.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of at this time.

I'm in love!
By Luz

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I got the Infiniti QX56 - 4WD from my husband as a gift. I drove a Lincoln Towncar before I got my Infiniti. But I just feel in love with the QX56. I love the style, the power, the features and the head turning this vehicle gives. This is the first time I own and drive an SUV and I love it. The price is excellent for all the features this great car has to offer!!!

Favorite Features

The navigation system, lift gate, stereo system, dvd player, lots of cup holders, comfortable seating, great leg room, and the camera.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if the doors locked sound would also be nice. Those are the only two things the QX56 is lacking. Otherwise, it's almost a perfect SUV.