2006 Infiniti QX56 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:
Great SUV but Handling and Brake Issues
By time4akshun on 08/21/14 09:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned my QX56 for about 5 years now and love the size, love the navi, loive the back up camera, love the interior and love the entertainment system. Driving this car though, has always been a challenge. I have had constant alignment and suspension problems and the brakes...oh the brakes. This super heavy truck warps brakes yearly!!! I am on a final set hopefully, slotted and drilled but wish I didn't have to go aftermarket! You would think Infiniti would have matched their rotors to the weight of the car!! Questioning getting another although I love the styling.

great family suv
By hiplainsdrftr on 01/01/13 18:22 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

our 3rd infiniti, traded in qx4 which we had for 8 years. great design where 2nd row has bench seats for access to 3rd row. even w 3rd row up enough room for a stroller. handles n drives nicely average about 14 mpg in mixed driving. our friends just got a 2007 after seeing ours. we test drove lots of suvs before finding this. my wife loves it so far. owned for 9 months.

My lease is expiring- - here's my story
By Penny on 01/14/09 12:56 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My lease expires next week so I thought I would summarize the pros and cons of my experience with the QX56. I have had it for over three years and it has almost 45K miles on it. Overall I have enjoyed the power, quiet, and handling. The kids have enjoyed all the leg room, the captain's chairs and DVD in the back. Cargo capacity is great. The biggest problem I have with it is the suspension- -the car booms and shudders with even small potholes. Second biggest problem is occasional glitch with brakes that dealer told me they had never heard of but has happened with other owners. (suddenly makes a loud clunking sound and gets jerky upon rebraking- -must restart car.) Actual mileage: 13.

Great towing - awesome truck
By Butch on 07/17/08 21:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After researching over a year comparing Navigators, Yukons, Sequoias and others we are VERY happy we chose the QX56. We just returned from Lake Powell towing 10 hours each way, the QX made the trip seem easy. Lots of torque for towing, no problem pulling a 3,000 lb boat up long grades using AC in 115 degree heat. The load leveling worked superb! It's very quiet and comfortable and fun to drive, handles almost as good as my BMW 740. I read a lot of reviews and felt confused by the contrast of those who love and hate this truck - glad we took the chance because we love it. If you tow it is a good choice with load leveling and tow mode shifting.

Unreliable
By Katie on 08/12/07 17:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am very unhappy with this car. First the brakes are recalled and then the hatchback broke on the day we needed to pack for camping. The electrical goes out randomly. The car thinks the emergency brake is on when it isn't and it then skids when I come to a stop. I feel very unsafe driving it. I do love how big it is. I do love the DVD for the kids. I love the automatic lift for the hatchback. The navigation screen is totally useless. I love the back up camera. I will not be able to buy another car without it. We are breaking our lease early to get rid of this car.

QX 56
By karen on 02/28/07 19:52 PM (PST)

The only problem I see with my qx56 is the wobbly handling when hitting a bump

"06 QX56 Vastly Superior to '04
By William Staats on 12/18/06 19:45 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2004 QX56 which had two significant problems and a few minor ones. Yet it was really comfortable and absolutely great to drive on the highway. After a year and a half, I traded it in on a 2006 model, and I've been extremely happy in every respect with the new model. Obviously, early manufacturing problems and quality control issues have been resolved based on my experience. My dealer experience, although limited to scheduled maintenance visits, has been superb. The '06 QX56 is great on the road--powerful and comfortable. The interior is very well done. Gas mileage on the road is inverse to my speed. At 70 mph, I get 19.2-19.5 mpg.

a mans vehicle
By patt on 12/17/06 21:55 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

it drives like it's the king of the road,i get a lot of head turning, i just love the big manly looking front end,or should i say grille. looks like a mean old firetruck.

Better Than All
By Long Paul on 10/21/06 23:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car has so much power, acceleration and is so solid and quiet. A fantastic freeway cruiser and it seats 8. Corners not much worse than my E320 Mercedes. The heated seats are nice and the split rear seat is a big plus. Tons of leg room in the second row. Pick this car over some junky American version like Cadillac or Chevy.

Better SUV
By Kelley on 10/13/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I were about to purchase the Mercedes GL450 when she stopped in to drive the QX56. The truck is a great mix between comfort and braun. It sounds like a truck, rides like a car, and hauls everything. It also has all of the bells and whistles of the 21st century. Bluetooth, Navi, great seats, large buttons, and a jammin' stereo! The style was a little different, but once you drive it you see the truck in a whole different light!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.