Used 2006 Infiniti QX56 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Infiniti Qx56 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

My lease is expiring- - here's my story
By Penny

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My lease expires next week so I thought I would summarize the pros and cons of my experience with the QX56. I have had it for over three years and it has almost 45K miles on it. Overall I have enjoyed the power, quiet, and handling. The kids have enjoyed all the leg room, the captain's chairs and DVD in the back. Cargo capacity is great. The biggest problem I have with it is the suspension- -the car booms and shudders with even small potholes. Second biggest problem is occasional glitch with brakes that dealer told me they had never heard of but has happened with other owners. (suddenly makes a loud clunking sound and gets jerky upon rebraking- -must restart car.) Actual mileage: 13.

Favorite Features

power, handling, comfort, roominess, captains chairs, fold flat third row seat

Suggested Improvements

suspension, brakes, seatbelt pretensioners, power seat controls, fuel economy, lack of adequate warning of low fuel

Great towing - awesome truck
By Butch

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After researching over a year comparing Navigators, Yukons, Sequoias and others we are VERY happy we chose the QX56. We just returned from Lake Powell towing 10 hours each way, the QX made the trip seem easy. Lots of torque for towing, no problem pulling a 3,000 lb boat up long grades using AC in 115 degree heat. The load leveling worked superb! It's very quiet and comfortable and fun to drive, handles almost as good as my BMW 740. I read a lot of reviews and felt confused by the contrast of those who love and hate this truck - glad we took the chance because we love it. If you tow it is a good choice with load leveling and tow mode shifting.

Favorite Features

Bose stereo really rocks, it's nice to listen while the kids watch DVDs on wireless headphones. Handles incredibly well for its size. Looks great - lots of compliments. Adaptive cruise control makes driving in traffic a breeze, didn't know I'd like it so much. Couldn't live without sat radio now.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic driver's seat doesn't work consistently and dealer can't fix it. DVD should be touch screen for this level of vehicle. Interior not luxurious, but functional, 2008s are much nicer. Headphones hurt kids ears, need cushions.

"06 QX56 Vastly Superior to '04
By William Staats

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2004 QX56 which had two significant problems and a few minor ones. Yet it was really comfortable and absolutely great to drive on the highway. After a year and a half, I traded it in on a 2006 model, and I've been extremely happy in every respect with the new model. Obviously, early manufacturing problems and quality control issues have been resolved based on my experience. My dealer experience, although limited to scheduled maintenance visits, has been superb. The '06 QX56 is great on the road--powerful and comfortable. The interior is very well done. Gas mileage on the road is inverse to my speed. At 70 mph, I get 19.2-19.5 mpg.

Favorite Features

Comfort, interior luxury, and handling over the road is great. I think that the price is very competitive given the outstanding features of the vehicle. The power is far more than adequate, and even the turning radius is super for such a large vehicle. The rear backup camera is wonderful.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy with in-town driving is not real good, but that is an expected trade-off for size, power, and comfort. The steering wheel would be a bit easier to handle if it had a slightly greater diameter.

Best SUV Out There
By OL

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The title speaks for itself. I bought the QX56 for my lead-footed wife and she loves it so much she may just keep it (unlike the other 3 SUV's in the last 5 years). She has not one single complaint. Maybe I'll surprise her and buy her a new one if there is a re- design.

Favorite Features

Basically, every material feels "high- grade."

Suggested Improvements

None.

Fantastic experience
By Me

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Everything is so good with this vehicle. I have zero complaints. Would buy another one.