2006 Infiniti QX56 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:
My lease is expiring- - here's my story
By Penny on 01/14/09 12:56 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My lease expires next week so I thought I would summarize the pros and cons of my experience with the QX56. I have had it for over three years and it has almost 45K miles on it. Overall I have enjoyed the power, quiet, and handling. The kids have enjoyed all the leg room, the captain's chairs and DVD in the back. Cargo capacity is great. The biggest problem I have with it is the suspension- -the car booms and shudders with even small potholes. Second biggest problem is occasional glitch with brakes that dealer told me they had never heard of but has happened with other owners. (suddenly makes a loud clunking sound and gets jerky upon rebraking- -must restart car.) Actual mileage: 13.

Great towing - awesome truck
By Butch on 07/17/08 21:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After researching over a year comparing Navigators, Yukons, Sequoias and others we are VERY happy we chose the QX56. We just returned from Lake Powell towing 10 hours each way, the QX made the trip seem easy. Lots of torque for towing, no problem pulling a 3,000 lb boat up long grades using AC in 115 degree heat. The load leveling worked superb! It's very quiet and comfortable and fun to drive, handles almost as good as my BMW 740. I read a lot of reviews and felt confused by the contrast of those who love and hate this truck - glad we took the chance because we love it. If you tow it is a good choice with load leveling and tow mode shifting.

"06 QX56 Vastly Superior to '04
By William Staats on 12/18/06 19:45 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2004 QX56 which had two significant problems and a few minor ones. Yet it was really comfortable and absolutely great to drive on the highway. After a year and a half, I traded it in on a 2006 model, and I've been extremely happy in every respect with the new model. Obviously, early manufacturing problems and quality control issues have been resolved based on my experience. My dealer experience, although limited to scheduled maintenance visits, has been superb. The '06 QX56 is great on the road--powerful and comfortable. The interior is very well done. Gas mileage on the road is inverse to my speed. At 70 mph, I get 19.2-19.5 mpg.

Best SUV Out There
By OL on 10/08/06 15:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The title speaks for itself. I bought the QX56 for my lead-footed wife and she loves it so much she may just keep it (unlike the other 3 SUV's in the last 5 years). She has not one single complaint. Maybe I'll surprise her and buy her a new one if there is a re- design.

Fantastic experience
By Me on 09/15/06 20:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Everything is so good with this vehicle. I have zero complaints. Would buy another one.

The best of my four SUV'S
By George on 09/09/06 20:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great SUV and fun to drive, very luxurious with a lot of features. The best of the four SUV's that I currently own. (Sequioa LTD, 4runner LTD and a 4runner sport)

Best SUV Ever!
By Gary Duenas on 06/10/06 09:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My Wife had a Choice of Any type of SUV out there but liked the Nissan Armada. We both saw a QX56 & said that's it! Not knowing it was the same SUV. We Love the Body style, Interior, GPS, Bose system, backup camera & audible warning, easy lifting 2nd row seats, DVD entertainment (added another Headrest DVD system), didn't include Tow Package but decided later not to add one because it Cheapens the look of the vehicle, added 22" Customs Wheels w/Low profile tires, Cold Air Intake and Exhaust system (MagnaFlow) for Fuel efficiency. Only problem that we inccured are that the Sunroof's plastic bracket comes off a lot, Air condition controls and all Passengers windows sometimes doesn't work.

I Love My Car
By Yolanda on 04/16/06 20:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

So far it has been great! This is my first Infiniti QX56, previous 2 SUVs were Lincoln Navigator and Ford Expedition. Have also driven an Escalade much. Not the get up and go power of the Escalade but a close second. More comfortable than the Escalade or my previous SUV's. Great construction--sturdy, Navigator moldings didn't hold up well to my 3 girls and their numerous friends pilled into "mom's taxi." Did have an immediate gear shift problem within hours of receiving the new car, fixed within 24 hours at the dealer. Gear was slipping out of drive and brakes locking up until motor turned off (not good in traffic)--no problems since first day. Love the look, size, engine power.

it's big but practical
By maybeso on 01/18/06 10:00 AM (PST)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck; practical interior with the folding rear bench and middle chairs; drives nice--firm suspension and no-slop steering; engine is STRONG; dash design a little quirky but the quality is much better than the domestic competition.

Can't find anything I don't like
By Lauren on 01/16/06 20:47 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After looking at the Lexus, Cadilac and GMC SUV trucks I ended the search at Infinity. It has been the best decision I have ever made, and I put 150,000 miles on my Chev suburban. The drive of the QX is quite, smooth and luxurious. I have not had any problems with the mechanics or finishes of the inside or out. The GPS is very user friendly, the sound system wonderful. Working with Infinity has been very easy and their system of loaner cars makes normal maintenance a breeze. The seats are so easy to manuver and the configuations give you alot of flexability. Gas mileage is the only drawback.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.