Used 2006 Infiniti QX56 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

Great SUV but Handling and Brake Issues
By time4akshun

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned my QX56 for about 5 years now and love the size, love the navi, loive the back up camera, love the interior and love the entertainment system. Driving this car though, has always been a challenge. I have had constant alignment and suspension problems and the brakes...oh the brakes. This super heavy truck warps brakes yearly!!! I am on a final set hopefully, slotted and drilled but wish I didn't have to go aftermarket! You would think Infiniti would have matched their rotors to the weight of the car!! Questioning getting another although I love the styling.

Improve the suspension and brake rotors!!

great family suv
By hiplainsdrftr

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

our 3rd infiniti, traded in qx4 which we had for 8 years. great design where 2nd row has bench seats for access to 3rd row. even w 3rd row up enough room for a stroller. handles n drives nicely average about 14 mpg in mixed driving. our friends just got a 2007 after seeing ours. we test drove lots of suvs before finding this. my wife loves it so far. owned for 9 months.

look of suv is very nice. black leather interior is in great shape and seats are very comfy. back up camera is great!

navigation system is kind of limited and not user friendly.

My lease is expiring- - here's my story
By Penny

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My lease expires next week so I thought I would summarize the pros and cons of my experience with the QX56. I have had it for over three years and it has almost 45K miles on it. Overall I have enjoyed the power, quiet, and handling. The kids have enjoyed all the leg room, the captain's chairs and DVD in the back. Cargo capacity is great. The biggest problem I have with it is the suspension- -the car booms and shudders with even small potholes. Second biggest problem is occasional glitch with brakes that dealer told me they had never heard of but has happened with other owners. (suddenly makes a loud clunking sound and gets jerky upon rebraking- -must restart car.) Actual mileage: 13.

power, handling, comfort, roominess, captains chairs, fold flat third row seat

suspension, brakes, seatbelt pretensioners, power seat controls, fuel economy, lack of adequate warning of low fuel

Great towing - awesome truck
By Butch

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After researching over a year comparing Navigators, Yukons, Sequoias and others we are VERY happy we chose the QX56. We just returned from Lake Powell towing 10 hours each way, the QX made the trip seem easy. Lots of torque for towing, no problem pulling a 3,000 lb boat up long grades using AC in 115 degree heat. The load leveling worked superb! It's very quiet and comfortable and fun to drive, handles almost as good as my BMW 740. I read a lot of reviews and felt confused by the contrast of those who love and hate this truck - glad we took the chance because we love it. If you tow it is a good choice with load leveling and tow mode shifting.

Bose stereo really rocks, it's nice to listen while the kids watch DVDs on wireless headphones. Handles incredibly well for its size. Looks great - lots of compliments. Adaptive cruise control makes driving in traffic a breeze, didn't know I'd like it so much. Couldn't live without sat radio now.

Automatic driver's seat doesn't work consistently and dealer can't fix it. DVD should be touch screen for this level of vehicle. Interior not luxurious, but functional, 2008s are much nicer. Headphones hurt kids ears, need cushions.

Unreliable
By Katie

2006 Infiniti QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am very unhappy with this car. First the brakes are recalled and then the hatchback broke on the day we needed to pack for camping. The electrical goes out randomly. The car thinks the emergency brake is on when it isn't and it then skids when I come to a stop. I feel very unsafe driving it. I do love how big it is. I do love the DVD for the kids. I love the automatic lift for the hatchback. The navigation screen is totally useless. I love the back up camera. I will not be able to buy another car without it. We are breaking our lease early to get rid of this car.

Automatic lift hatchback when it is working, DVD, back up camera and beeping.

Fix the electrical. Very bumpy ride. Re-do navigation.