A great SUV
By bill r on
2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)
I checked out all the large SUV's and am a previous owner of the Lexus LX470 and Escalade EXT. The QX56 was tops because: 1- The interior room, especially the 2nd row. 2- The seats fold flat for excellent storage and comfortable for my aging Golden Retriever. 3- The looks are attractive . 4- The rear parking camera. 5- The navagation system is far more practical and useful than On Star, plus it's free. 6-Infiniti people, corporate, called me to ask how I like it and how they could make it better. Impressive.I wanted to get another LX, but they still insist that their removeable 3rd row seats, are a good idea. Who wants to store them.I believe most people spending 70k don't have small kids.
Favorite Features
The back up camera for sure. Navigation system is much better and more practical than On Star. The chrome wheels are attractive right from the factory. A LOT cheaper than the Lexus and Escalade to lease. I wasn't particularly looking to save money, but it was a wonderful bonus.
Suggested Improvements
I wanted the night vision that Lexus offered. I'd prefer matching color outside mirrors, not chrome. I also wish they had the fold in power option like Lexus and Escalade. A winter package with headlight washers for us in the midwest would be nice, along with HEATED wipers.