Used 2005 Infiniti QX56 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Infiniti QX56

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

Driver and Vehicle Become One
By ed klee

2005 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The instrument panel is very attractive with out effecting the need for being functonal. Instrumentation did not leave me wanting! The comfort of the seats and color co-ordination with the hardwear; first class. they just did'nt miss a beat from the rear view monitor to the navigation system and ever thing in between.I would like to know what if anything they left out. The exterior is a combination of the look of power and style just what i was looking for in an suv. Under the hood total power and acceleration more than I can use.

Favorite Features

Where do I start I just will pick the top 10: Rear view moitor,power rear door,traction control,cargo capacity,vehicle information systems,navigation system,home link,rear parking sensors,sound system,duel zone temp control.

Suggested Improvements

repossion the clock to be more visable. Make the cargo net to hold items not just a single strand.

Bigger is Better
By Lopez

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

A/C could be stronger at the beginning. But does fine once vehicle has driven for a short period. Only item I would change inside is split third row seats. Everything else is excellent! So far so good only 700 miles. Happier now then with my Lexus RX 330!

Suggested Improvements

Split 3rd row seats. Improved a/c

Better Quality than a Chevrolet / GMC
By Shawn

2005 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Thus far the ride, craftmanship and luxury features are better than the 2001 Suburban and 2004 GMC Yukon XL that I previously owned. We are really enjoying the QX56.

Favorite Features

315 hp and lots of Torque on tap for passing, muscular exterior styling, nice leather comfort,one touch windows and sunroof operation - open and close, second row bucket seats with removable console, suspenion is tight and breaking is good.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more features like locking doors at 10 mph, memory settings to include radio stations and air tempature for different drivers, and Onstar like feature.

The Fortress
By Tommy

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle last year and I love it. Sure the gas mileage isn't that great, but if you spend that much money on a vehicle and all you do is worry about the gas mileage then maybe you shouldn't buy one. The power is unbelievable for an SUV of this size. I highly recommend the QX56.

Great looks, sounds like a Taxi
By Steven ZoBell

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We were looking at several vehicles and fell in love with the styling of the QX56. Love the ride, interior and power. However the vehicle has been in over 10 times in the past 8 months for anything from many large rattles & squeaks, new brake system to having to repaint door molding and roof rack. Just today - the same center console rattle that we have had it in for 4 times started again. This is not a subtle rattle, but a loud one that wakes small children.

Favorite Features

Nav System, reverse camera is absolutely awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Get the fit and finish worked out before you take the product to market.