Used 2005 Infiniti QX56 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

Disappointed
By David

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I own a Chevy and a Mecedes Benz. When I bought the QX-56, I thought I would be treated with the same intensity as I am with the Benz. Instead, I feel like I bought a Chevy. The truck, although pricey, is a terrible driving truck. Its balloon tires bounce down the road and the steering wheel jumps out of my hand over rougher road surfaces. Its dashboard is the most cumbersome I have ever come across. It is noisy and has many rattles. It only has 8,000 miles. I had problems with the front brakes at 3,000 miles. The dealer knew about it. The rotars were warped. They cut them instead of replacing. A Chevy dealer would cut. A benz dealer would replace

Favorite Features

Outside, the truck looks great

Suggested Improvements

Make the dash insruments easier to operate. Light the steering wheel controls for the radio and cruise control so they can be seen at night without turning on the courtesy lights. Start acting like a luxury car company and deal with your car issues like a luxury car company should!

Rattle Box with Bad Brakes!
By Chris

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been a real disappointment. We love the look of the car and the overall comfort of the interior. BUT, We have had it in for service 4 times now, they charge us almost $600 each time for service, and with 20,000 miles they have had to fix the brakes 3 times, the dealer has even admitted that there is a brake problem with these cars and they do not know how to fix it except to keep replacing them every 5000 miles or so. The interior console that houses the fold up tv screen rattles like crazy, the automatic opening backdoor has had to been fixed twice. After having this car for 1.5 years I have had enough. I dont feel safe with these brakes and a 13 month child. Don't buy it

Favorite Features

The look of the car. Pretty good pick up. Comfortable inside.

Suggested Improvements

Rattles like crazy, they cant fix the brakes, this car needs some major work and should of never been sold in this condition. BOOOOO Infinty you are ruining your good name with this terrible car!

Just Sold
By HappyNow

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was greatly disappointed with my QX56. The car rattled the entire time I had it, 10 months. The overhead console had to be replaced. There were rattling issues with the front end.... I sold this SUV at a loss, but I was happy to get rid of it. I wish i had read these reviews before i bought this suv. To think i traded my lexus lx470, i wanted more room, for this big rattler.

Favorite Features

Reverse video camera, room, and exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the rattles and reliability.

Best for the $$$$
By Julie

2005 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After shopping All SUVs this was the on for me. I have owned the Mercedes ML, and the Lincoln Navigator, for interior plushness and utility this QX56 is far superior. The easy tumble mid seats and the fold flat rear third row is better than the Escalade. You can remove the mid-seat console for even more ease to the third row.

Favorite Features

The "smart cruise", the tumble seats, the DVD, Navagation, and on and on... so many great features

Suggested Improvements

The one improvement would be to change the dashtop styling. The bump grain plastic is not as plush as the rest of the car.

Brakes & Rattles
By Q 56 2004

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car to drive, however the car has poorly designed brakes. Mine were replaced by dealer after being in shop three times. I strongly recommend all Q56 owners have their brakes check. The dealer has not been able to get rid of all the rattles. At two miles hour bumpers will sustain damage upon hitting object. Dealer did not imfom me that I needed to use premium gas until after I purchase the Q56.

Favorite Features

Automatic cruise control Bright lights Bucket seats Back up camera

Suggested Improvements

Brakes & Rattles Automatic emergency brake release upon putting car in drive. Bumpers' impact. Sensors on front bumper. GPS touch screen