2005 Infiniti QX56 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:
Best of the bigger suv's
By Susan on 04/21/05 02:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love the room, and very comfortable; acceleration onto major roadways is surprisingly peppy for this size. Best for long hauls or mainly highway; around town; gas mileage stinks. Best GPS system I've ever used.

Too many problems
By carl j on 04/20/05 18:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This could be a great car, but when you pay $55k for a luxury auto and then have the rattles, shakes, and bad brakes it doesn't matter how nice everything else is. I thought it would be worked out for 2005. Now I am suffering along with the 2004 owners. I wish I had never purchased this vehicle. It has taken a lot of time and energy to get Infiniti to make the fixes on this thing and it is still not better. I would rather be driving a common Tahoe or Sequoia. I may look good on the outside but I am too embarrassed to have friends, coworkers, clients etc ride in it. If you really want one, I advise to wait a few years and then reevaluate very conservatively or buy a 2004 for cheap.

Fickle No More: QX56 Loyalist
By Fickle Buyer on 04/14/05 14:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Our search for the Dream family-sized SUV ended with the QX56. The size, ride, handling, ergonomics (exception: useless clock)and build quality is exceptional in this category. We blew through an Expedition EB (don't get me started), and a Sequoia Ltd (why do they STILL not have a fold- flat 3rd seat???)to get here. We ordered the bench 2nd-row: the 3rd doesn't split, requiring you to open the whole seat if you have 5 passengers in the Capt's chair option. Just took a trip w/4 people,1 dog,4 sets of clubs & luggage.Plenty roomy! Mileage on hwy fully loaded is +/- 16mpg. Range of 400 miles per tank is great. Very smooth on and off-road (mudding through a construction zone). Buy it now!

By thumbs down on 04/13/05 18:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

door handles break when cold Hard to use windows low mileage per gallon must get filled about every three days (cost about $45-$50 to fill(takes SUPER) can only see front hood very little (like a minivan) moon roof is very noisy tires do not retain air reverse camera distracts you from looking back when backing up and it does not show everything behind you takes long time before car heats up poor handleing However its navigation system is exceptional

"Big" But Outstanding SUV
By Bear on 04/12/05 20:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall I'm very satisfied with the big Inifiti SUV. Edmunds is right about this beast being thirsty but I knew this when I bought it. Very good build quality. Very nice interior.

Excellent SUV QX56 4X4
By Happy Owner on 04/09/05 23:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

With 3000 miles already,my wife and I are very pleased with the vehicle. There hasn't been one trip back to the dealer for anything. The XM Satelite radio is fine, the Navigation is wonderful with the "Birds Eye View". The gas mileage I think could be better but 14.25 mpg is what it gets. This SUV is Powerful, no problem getting out into the thick of it. The stopping power could put you through the windshield, I had one occasion for a panic stop, (AWSOME)

RattleSUV
By RattleSUV on 04/08/05 19:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The car has had enough rattles for 20 auto. It has been in service at least every month working on the rattle and front wheel rattle. Would never purchase another Infiniti again after this experience.

Infiniti QX 56
By Jeff Centers on 03/29/05 20:06 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Vehicle is a pleasure to drive. I own numerous German autos and this one is comparable in quality, features, and especially comfort, at half the price. The power band is awesome, the transmission silky smooth, and the driver controls are well placed. Brakes could be better, and it has a pretty good blind spot on the driver side but you learn to accommodate. Overall it was a great purchase and I am proud to drive and be seen in it. It definitely turns heads everywhere we go.

stay away from the qx 56
By steve on 03/29/05 17:42 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

we purchased this un tested piece of junk in july 2004, the dealership was very accomodating, but the car has been in the shop 4 times for the back up sensor , twice the front brakes had to be changed within 10,000 miles, the front end bottoms out on the wheel wells, "twice to repair that" the car has been in the shop on 10 different occasions, for a total of 31 days, infinity doesnt want to know any thing " the clowns in california not the dealer" stick to american send this scrap metal back to japan where it belongs

Great Truck
By Larry I. Smith on 03/23/05 00:02 AM (PST)

2005 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great style and comfort. I'm impressed with the ride and electronic features such as Nav. and rear video monitor. Very spacious and fun to drive.