2005 Infiniti QX56 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:
Nissan or GM after 100k !
By sreethog11 on 04/23/11 13:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

just hit 100k tires breaks spark plugs and gearing towards another 50k at least so far so good just hit 110 looks and drives likes the day it rolled out the quality and craftsmanship cant be repeated i just cant part with it for another that will dissapoint tahoe too small cadi same thing dont be afraid of 100k with a good maintenance schedule my uncle has 168k and no problems and he lives in the smoky mountains!I bet the tahoe would have died by now dont you?

very nice
By atorreon on 04/01/11 13:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

very nice lux suv...great size and comfort. if you are looking from a great family hauler and can handle the 12mpg than choose this. the qx is loaded with several things other brands are just starting to do...a great example is the rearview camera which cadillac/gm/others dont do

Very un-Japanese in quality!
By LBP2013 on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle was purchased new in March 2005. My family and I had nothing but problems with this vehicle. We had many engine issues that Santa Monica Infiniti repaired many times and finally my family decided to work with an attorney since this car had so many repairs and many recurring problems and we believed it qualified for remedies through the lemon law. Through persistence and working closely with our attorney Infiniti finally had to buy the car back and give us monetary remedy. We then bought a 2007 Escalade ESV to replace this unsatisfying beast. Infiniti gave us the money in February 2008 after the lemon law buyback.

To many bugs
By Karlsson on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought it in 2007 and since then have had to many bugs in the car like, backup camera failure, seat belt tensioner replacements, airbag light blinking,air pressure leveler failing, brake problems, rear hatch opening by its self, front axle joints making noises, tire air valves failing and so on. I spent like over 5000 big ones already on a car less than 5 years old.

What a wonderful Truck
By Pumpkin PH on 08/08/10 07:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Most of the time, the QX56 has felt very smooth on the road and has been extremely comfortable on long hauls to Mammoth. Comfort is great, but still a body on frame truck. Roomy all around. Great 2nd row - limo- like room. Same height and width, but the extra 8" length over the Yukon are surprisingly noticeable. The kids love it room for them, friends, and groceries. Tows like a champ, very comfortable on long trips. The 4wd system is great. No problems in 4 feet of snow or in light off-roading. Having a 4x4 lo range also sold us on this beast. After one year and 20k miles we are very happy. Currently 95k and counting.

75000 miles and still great!
By BogeyMan on 10/31/09 19:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After 4 1/2 years and 75K miles, this vehicle cannot be beat. We drive locally, long distance, in snow, heat and traffic. We couldn't ask for a better ride, fit finish and overall reliability. All we do are regular oil changes, tire rotations and scheduled maintenance and this truck runs great. We had an unfortunate experience hitting a VERY large deer once, and had we been in anything else, the deer would have been in our laps. We were safe, the deer escaped, and all we had to replace was the front grill and hood. Insurance covered it. Even all the toys (DVD system, Navigation, Sirius, power lift gate) remain in great working order. We love this SUV, and the paint still shines like new!

LOVE MY QX56
By qx56 on 04/04/09 18:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have been thrilled with this great SUV. I am a widow with 4 children and I am a Realtor. I have never had any problems with it and it out performs my former suburban. It is the best vehicle I have ever had for the Minnesota winter driving. Lots of room for hauling and lots of entertainment for the kids!

I would never buy Infiniti again!
By Cronan on 03/02/08 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Coming from reliable Toyota vehicles I never thought that buying a new luxury vehicle would be such a let down. I have had over 20 issues with my QX56! From small trim pieces falling off to the brake rotors being replaced twice, the ABS system failing, transmission lines being replaced. I just picked it up yesterday for the transmission issue & today it is still gushing fluid. I am unable to park in the garage because of it. This is the worst vehicle I have owned ever! Please reconsider your Infiniti purchases...Buyer Beware!

You've seen the good news, now the bad
By Texas Girl08 on 01/02/08 12:46 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I loved my Q4x4 the first year I had it, but it started falling about at about 25k miles. In for repairs for failing elec system... rear liftgate won't lift (at all), tells you liftgate is open when it is not, flashes and beeps warning for flat tire when there is none, dvd is very noisy and the screen is not fastened securely. After the first year it bounces noisily, heated seats went out, driver seat lumbar broke, rear third row seat broke, nav system went out... these are highlights! Will never buy Infiniti again and selling this.

Still like it!
By InfintiGuy on 04/03/07 23:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Could not believe my wife still wanted this vehicle after the 04 we rented with the terrible brakes and all the bad reviews we read. A year and a half later - so far, so great. We really like this SUV. There is a little more rattling than we care for. Looking forward to getting the next redesigned model with all the bugs worked out.