2004 Infiniti QX56 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:
great value
By twiliteguy on 12/01/05 08:07 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for a large safe luxurious SUV for my family with good value and have found it in this vehicle. Comfort level is second to none in my opinion in the QX56. Gas mileage is not an issue when you buy in this class and size. There were issues with software probs in the navigation system but these were quickly rectified by my dealer. Dollar for dollar this SUV is got to be considered when purchasing in this class.

Love it except Brakes and Vibration!
By Grace's Mom on 08/20/05 21:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My family loves this SUV. It is VERY comfortable and it is VERY fun to drive. However, I just wanted to add to every person that has already said something about the brakes. We have also had the brakes serviced several times for rotor problems (shaking). It's VERY ANNOYING because our dealership is one hour away and they won't pick up the vehicle to service it. It's hard to love a car so much and have such a terrible time with the brakes. We are considering exercising the Lemon Law because brakes are a safety issue. Maybe Infiniti will perk up then? The vibration in the roof is awful too. I noticed several people are experiencing that as well.

2005 QX56
By ZRMann on 07/14/05 22:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased and have approx. 1400 miles. Does everything it is supposed to in a first-class manner. Spent a week behind the wheel of a Navigator and the QX is way ahead of the Navigator in terms of ride quality, design, and comfort. Fantastic 1st gen effort here. Can't wait till my lease is up to see what the 2nd gen brings!! I love this QX!!!

Unreliable car, multiple problems
By H.H. on 05/09/05 00:30 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been very disappointing! Innumerable services required for multiple flaws (the major one being faulty design flaw for brakes requiring service every 3 months), as well as repairs for the rear hatch, sunroof, navigation system, back-up camera, and rattling DVD console. Have had car 12 months and in for service 13 times. Multiple complaints with this car are common (esp. re: brakes), so beware! Like the size it affords for a family, but it has been an incredible inconvenience. Research the internet on the problems with this vehicle and consider waiting to purchase until the manufacturer has worked out the kinks! Also beware our average is 12 MPG!

Fun Ride
By Mrs. M on 03/21/05 19:27 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My husband purchased the QX56 as a surprise Christmas present for me. I was also interested in the Lexus GX and the Volvo XC90. After getting a glimpse of the masculine yet alluring body style, I climbed inside and instantly fell in love. The crisp, clean lines of the leather interior speak to understated elegance. The bells and whistles on the Q cannot be overlooked, either. The power lift gate, adjustable pedals and memory seat/mirrors make errands a pleasure. And the 315 horsepower doesn't hurt, either! The storage capacity is amazing. Our family never understood the concept of "traveling light", and the Q just seems to gobble all our gear and ask for more. And it's a headturner!

Surplus of horsepower
By md on 01/27/05 19:03 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I needed something that seats six comfortably. The Sequoia, Escalade and Navigator 3rd row could not compare. This SUV has incredible horsepower (315) and comes to a stop in a hurry. GPS navigation is awesome (makes me feel like getting lost on purpose). The family loves it. The intelligent cruise control, the rear view camera, the memory seats (includes side mirrors and foot pedal adjustments) are great. Heated seats in the driver, passenger and second row a nice touch as well. During the cold weather months the remote start is a pleasure. The nimble handling is almost as impressive as the acceleration (both low and midrange). I would recommend this vehicle in a heartbeat.

Infiniti does it again
By Donna on 12/31/04 15:25 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall, I love this vehicle but it has had a problem with the brakes. Had to be replaced after 12000 miles. It was still under warranty so not a major deal. Would recommend the backup camera and DVD, love both. Would not recommend tan interior as it looks great, but not practical with kids as it gets dirty very fast.

Needs Improvement
By cjaynes on 12/27/04 03:30 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Beautiful car poor performance. The vehicle has terrible vibration in the roof. Since my purchase in June 2004 I have had several problems such as brakes, seats, handling, vibration, dvd, and back hatch. Don't waste your money. Infiniti clearly needs to work on the quality if they are going to compete in the luxury suv market. I want to get rid of mine but wouldn't want some other poor sucker get it.

Awesome SUV!
By Maria on 12/26/04 23:36 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car!! Before buying the Infinity, we also looked at the Navigator and the Escalade...there is no comparison.

Bought one of last 2004 Infiniti QX56's
By Dollerbill on 12/18/04 18:25 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Was a little concerned about buying a 2004 model, but I've owned it for two weeks & I love it. My freind just bought a new 2004 Lincoln Navigator, so we did a side by side comparrison. The Infiniti QX56 kills it. It has more horsepower and torque.The styling of both trucks is great, but the fit and finish of the QX56 is better than the Navigator's. The Navigator's rear hatch motor is very noisy, while the QX56's is quiet. My friend has owned Navigator for three months and it hasalready been in the shop three times. He wishes he bought the QX56. I love the birds eye veiw Navigation system and the stereo. The interior is unique with the blond wood and bushed alum; very plush & comfertable. This SUV is very fast & fun to drive. I look forward to driving it any time I have to someware.