Used 2004 Infiniti QX56 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Infiniti Qx56 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

QX56
By Mississippi

2004 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this in the first model year. Too many small problems and a few big ones. Several of the problems can't be fixed because they are "not reproducible" at the dealership.

Favorite Features

Great ride and very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The many "bells and whistles" that are on this vehicle should be perfected or dumped, or at least teach the techs at the dealership how to fix them

Best SUV for the $$$$
By r8rfan

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a luxury cruiseliner on wheels. I have 77K on this car in 3 years because we would rather drive in this machine. The only problem we had was they did not make the brakes powerful enough when they first produced it, but Infiniti stepped up in a big way and not only replaced the brakes, but also paid for all of my factory services for the first 30K miles in a gesture of goodwill. They literally sent me a check for over $500. Gotta love a company that stands behind their product. The kids love this thing and we have taken 2-3 hour trips with this thing with 7 adults and no complaints of discomfort. This vehicle is the ultimate in comfort.

Favorite Features

V8 has tremendous power. It's as comfortable and easy to drive at 90 MPH as it is at 30 MPH. Nav system is awesome, the rear camera is the best, and the laser guided cruise control is nice if you learn how/when to use it. Good DVD system. Lots of convenient storage compartments.

Suggested Improvements

The air vents have malfunctioned and needed to be replaced. Some of the other plastic parts are not the best quality and rattle occasionally, but the rattles never linger.

Still going strong!
By rbarea

2004 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After 30 months of hard South Florida driving, my QX56 is still going strong! I'm averaging 15 mpg per fill-up with premium fuel. I've had no mechanical problems and the vehicles handling and brakes have allowed me to avoid several potential accidents. For the money, I can't believe that this SUV doesn't rank higher on everyone's list. Most people have not been inside a QX56 nor have they driven one but every time someone new gets inside my vehicle, it's all compliments. For those who are shopping SUVs, reward yourself and check out the value of the QX56.

2004 QX 56
By B Coombs

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Vehicle has performed well, and for a 2004 model, has some superior qualities, like rear view camera, and front radar that controls the vehicle speed while using cruise control. Plenty of size and comfort for any taste, it handles well in adverse Midwest weather, and for a large SUV earns respectable 16 mpg mileage. Overall I would seriously consider buying another version of this vehicle when I replace this one.

Favorite Features

With nearly 25,000 miles per year, and most on cruise control on the highway my favorite feature is the radar that controls the ebb and flow of speed when traffic slows or speeds up in front of me. It is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Although I can easily navigate them now, the front controls for various vehicle functions are poorly conceived, and too often, seat belts in a luxury automobile/truck like the QX 56 do not properly pull back to their original location, but instead hang down and get stuck in the closing door.

Satisfied QX 56 customer
By TJA

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Definitely better value/fun quotient over Escalade and Navigator, better new car price too. This is one of those "no brainer" buying decisions. After 2+ years and 45,000 miles would definitely do it again!

Favorite Features

Interior layout, rear camera, powerful engine

Suggested Improvements

power rear 3rd seat like Navigator