Used 2004 Infiniti QX56 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

QX-56 First Impressions
By SGOU

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've got to say that I'm impressed with the TRUCK so far. Compared to our 1988 Toyota Land Cruise and our 1999 Ford Expedition-which we still own, the QX-56 is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of sophistication, quality, power, and comfort. That being said, the QX-56 is still a truck albeit a very refined, heavy and powerful one. This car will be my wife's daily driver which she will use to haul our kids around to their activities and our weekly drives to Tahoe once the snow starts falling.

Favorite Features

HID lights, seat comfort(all 3 rows), ENGINE HP(Burly!!!!), visiblity, Bose sound system, overall handling and responsiveness, selectable 4WD (2w, auto, 4high, 4low), back-up camera, Intelligent Cruise Control, we like everything so far!

Suggested Improvements

Need back lighted steering wheel controls for Cruise Control & Stereo-difficult to see at night without turning on the map lights, auto folding mirrors, A/C controls not intuitive.

I don't miss the BMW!
By yangj

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We were on our way to see an used LX and decided to stop by this inf. dealer just to take a quick look at the new QX since we are far away from the dealer and hadn't got a chance to see it. The next thing we know, our year- long search for a SUV ended there two hours later; we left the dealer with a piece of signed paper in hands. We have owned it for three months now and had a 1200 miles trip with six peopke inside (nobody complained). Many good things have been said already, not need to repeat. Just want to say that before this QX we had a van, me and my husband often faught for our other car, a BMW; but now any of us will be happy to take the truck. :)

Favorite Features

quiet drive at high speed. back up camera. intelligent cruise control (makes a 5 hrs drive like a piece of cake). auto-lift back door. easiest access to the third row among all the SUVs we have seen.

Suggested Improvements

low gas milage. larger cargo space. side mirrors should be included in the memory and be auto foldable. The DVD player should be positioned near the second row, so DVDs can be loaded by the viewers. Better GPS system with touch screen function. with touch-screen function.

QX 56 New Buyer
By Dave3110

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had initial quality problems after getting the car: Replacement of map bezel. Steering wheel does not extend every time I get in the car and put key in ignition. Dealer is unable to find problem so I have to live with it. Radio antenna on rear window was broken, If you hold the cruise control lever up for a couple seconds the car lags and then a few seconds later races from 60 to 90 before it can be stopped. Dealer says they are aware of this and can do nothing about it. I like the performance, handling, power and comfort very much. I had 2 Lexus' before this and the service just is not up to par with what I am used to. Hope they improve.

Favorite Features

Seats, size, power, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Initial quality problems suggest they need to do some betterr QC at the factory.

Poor quality,QC Eng reviewed
By captlear55

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The QX-56 is a great looking SUV. The build quality is very poor. The basic structure of the vehicle is flawed.Sqeaks and rattles are abundant. The roof panel will "tin can" if a single window is opened at speeds above 60 mph. Window regulators have failed (2),drivers seat has failed,overhead console has fallen down. The total enjoyment of what should have been a great SUV has been lost. Dealer was not able to fix due to a lack of parts. Nissan went to production without a robust supply of service parts resulting in 5 months of wait time before repair.

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality interior parts needed. Build quality needs major review. Did Nissan follow AIAG guidlines? Must have a squeak and rattle team to address the constant noise.

Our new Q56
By Jeffrey Warnken

2004 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I have owned 3 surburbans, so we decided to step up into a differnt design. We have enjoyed this suv as much as the surburbans. There is a lot more leg room in the middle row and third row of seats. you do give up storage space. Overall I would rate this and recommend the suv to everyone.

Suggested Improvements

The delay on the headlights last too long.