2004 Infiniti QX56 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:
Used & Pleased
By Black Bullet on 03/06/10 18:06 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased used 2004 corporate lease with 77k miles in excellent condition. Read most Edmunds reviews prior to purchase and some of the negative reviews I have not seen. I will confirm that the DVD monitor button rattles when in use. The back door rattles only when one hits a moderate jolt, but so far we love it. Lots of room with four captain chairs, powerful engine.

Awesome SUV
By 2004 QX 56 on 03/03/10 19:50 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife purchased new after test driving escalade,denali,LX470 and Navigator. We did have brake problems at 15K but dealer replaced all rotors and pads and extended warranty from that time. This is an all around great SUV with every feature but most of all very comfortable and lots of space. Lots of power and for a 7600lb truck 16MPG is good, we now have 80K and were going to trade but it runs so good the wife wont let it go. I cant wait to see new model and we would trade for another.

Great Truck
By JGP on 01/04/10 13:18 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased an '04 Infiniti QX56 with about 60K miles on it. After driving it for about 25K miles, I am still very pleased with the truck. I was initially concerned about the brakes after reading some of the early reviews, but that hasn't been an issue for me. I've haven't had a single mechanical problem. I would gladly purchase again.

Fun Ship
By Allan on 07/11/08 17:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am sold on Infiniti. Having driven BMWs for over 15 years I must say that as soon as I test drove the Infiniti it felt very much like a Beamer but much better. Coming from an X5 BMW I wanted to have speed and pick up and still have a car feel to driving. The QX56 has it all, power, comfort and the Cadillac Escalade that I test drove was no comparison. This is an 04 with only 21,000 miles so it feels like new. Took it on the interstate for the first time and it was like heaven. The cockpit gives one the feel of an aircraft. Awesome job Infiniti I'm hooked!!

Top of the line luxury SUV
By infinitirocks on 01/15/08 19:49 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car is pretty amazing, nice interior, navigation, rearview camara, parking sensors, dvd entertainment system. The second row of seats actually heat up. I like that the passenger seats incline all the way compared to my last car( fx 35) I decided to change becuase I'm used to big cars. The only thing that I dont like is the fuel consumption. 80 dollars to fill tank up. Other than that I love it.

QX56
By Mississippi on 09/13/07 11:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this in the first model year. Too many small problems and a few big ones. Several of the problems can't be fixed because they are "not reproducible" at the dealership.

Best SUV for the $$$$
By r8rfan on 07/21/07 10:37 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a luxury cruiseliner on wheels. I have 77K on this car in 3 years because we would rather drive in this machine. The only problem we had was they did not make the brakes powerful enough when they first produced it, but Infiniti stepped up in a big way and not only replaced the brakes, but also paid for all of my factory services for the first 30K miles in a gesture of goodwill. They literally sent me a check for over $500. Gotta love a company that stands behind their product. The kids love this thing and we have taken 2-3 hour trips with this thing with 7 adults and no complaints of discomfort. This vehicle is the ultimate in comfort.

Still going strong!
By rbarea on 05/28/07 09:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti QX56 Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After 30 months of hard South Florida driving, my QX56 is still going strong! I'm averaging 15 mpg per fill-up with premium fuel. I've had no mechanical problems and the vehicles handling and brakes have allowed me to avoid several potential accidents. For the money, I can't believe that this SUV doesn't rank higher on everyone's list. Most people have not been inside a QX56 nor have they driven one but every time someone new gets inside my vehicle, it's all compliments. For those who are shopping SUVs, reward yourself and check out the value of the QX56.

2004 QX 56
By B Coombs on 03/18/07 15:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Vehicle has performed well, and for a 2004 model, has some superior qualities, like rear view camera, and front radar that controls the vehicle speed while using cruise control. Plenty of size and comfort for any taste, it handles well in adverse Midwest weather, and for a large SUV earns respectable 16 mpg mileage. Overall I would seriously consider buying another version of this vehicle when I replace this one.

Satisfied QX 56 customer
By TJA on 01/06/07 14:06 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti QX56 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Definitely better value/fun quotient over Escalade and Navigator, better new car price too. This is one of those "no brainer" buying decisions. After 2+ years and 45,000 miles would definitely do it again!