Bought new in 2000, still driving it in 2012..no issues, very reliable
By moniqx4 on
2001 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this car new in June of 2000. I owned a 1998 Qx4 which lacked power so the added 70 horsepower was a much needed improvement. I expected to keep it 10 years, but it at 12 years (155k miles ) and it hasnt given me a reason to get rid of it. I've kept the scheduled maintenance up on it, and the only thing I've had to do outside of that, was replace items that would normally need replacing, like brakes, shocks, etc. I got my money's worth on it. Pros: Very reliable. Does good with towing, towed 4 sportsbikes from AZ to Cali and up and down hills didnt notice any drag. Aged well for the most part, still quiet, still comfortable, nothing leaking. Cons: Not the fastest SUV out there
Favorite Features
At the time I got it I loved the Navigation, it was the only vehicle that had one. however, because it was the first it was CD based, which sucks now.Still works fine thou. The size, not too big and not too small. I'm 5'2" so for me it was perfect. Drove like a car, but had the flexibility and size of a SUV that I wanted. I liked how it looked as well, when it was new got a lot of compliments and second looks, of course not so much now. LOL However,I still like how it looks, doesn't appear dated even after 12 years.
Suggested Improvements
- Paint, over the years gotten quite a few chips and dings, that seem excessive. and i did wash and wax on a regular basis. - More headroom, front and back. I'm short so no issue for me, but anyone over 6 ft, in the front tends to be close to the roof, and in the backseat, not made for tall people at all. My Maxima had more headroom. - Gas mileage not the greatest. As it has aged I've lost a few gallons to the mile. getting like 16 - 17 in the city.