Rust machine
By Rob on
2001 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
The QX4 has been very reliable for me, but it's not my everyday drive vehicle. Ride is real rough in the back and the cabin is a bit small, but at the time that i purchased it, there were not a lot of options in mid-sized SUVs. For a vehicle that mostly sits in a garage, around 6 yrs old it has had a lot of rust issues, mainly behind the fender flares and the running board. Infiniti would not do anything for me and wanted $1100.00 for new running boards. So I had a body shop redo the metal for the running boards for around $200.00 each. I do think I will by infiniti again, because they did not stand behind the rust guarantee. A $40,000.00 vehicle should not have rust that much so soon.
Favorite Features
Cabin neatness and finishes, headlights are very visible at night. Selectable drive-trains. Rear heated seats. Analog clock.
Suggested Improvements
Better rust protection. I had a 1992 Camry that didn't rust until about 15-16 years old, I have a 1995 Volvo 850 with no rust yet. More cabin room, better ride, heated seat that heat up faster. No more fender flares that capture salt. Sturdier bumpers.