Used 1999 Infiniti QX4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX4 model:

Infiniti QX4
By clyde franklin

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is the best I have ever had, dependable, reliable. This is a great looking truck. I will buy another!

Favorite Features

Cruise control is great since I travel a lot. Performance in snow the best!

Suggested Improvements

Bring back this body style!

Best SUV I've ever driven
By TC

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

I've had this SUV for about 4 years. In that time we have had nearly no problems with it. The check engine light came on, we hooked it up to our OBDII reader and it came back as an O2 sensor (common problem). A week later we discovered that the muffler had rusted off. We replaced the muffler and the O2 sensor stopped giving us an error. Other than that, there have been ZERO problems - the most reliable car we own. Very comfortable riding vehicle, great for long trips, and the Bose sound system is phenomenal. I expect this thing to last another 100,000 miles at least - such excellent build quality from Nissan!

Favorite Features

Bose sound system, soooo comfortable to ride in for an SUV, nice 4WD on the fly switch, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more power! They fixed this in later Pathfinders, but this one sometimes has trouble keeping up on steep hills on the highway. Other than that, no complaints!

Great Reliable SUV
By BGuthrie

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

The QX4 is a great midsize SUV. It is attractive, well-built, and has been supremely reliable since I purchased it.

Favorite Features

Comfortable leather seats, well laid- out dashboard, modern styling.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower is needed! It is sluggish when you need quick acceleration.

Underpowed-gas guzzler
By T Munro

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a very reliable car which is dramatically underpowered and gets poor gas mileage. The car is essentially an upgraded Nissan Pathfinder. Original price $37,000. Great looking with really nice interior. If you want one of these cars buy a newer model. Infiniti made some major changes to this model sometime after the 1999 model. Only buy a 1999 or earlier model if you can get a really great deal to make up for the lake of permformance and poor gas mileage. My 1998 Pontiac Bonneville gets 50% more gas mileage both on the freeway and in town. This is a poor freeway car as it has a limited range.

Favorite Features

Interior style and looks. Exterior looks. Construction quality

Suggested Improvements

Increased gas mileage. More engine power. Higher gear ratio in 4th to increase gas mileage and reduce engine rpm's at freeway speeds. Or, install an overdrive gear in the transmission.

It does the trick
By Clive

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this SUV used about 2 years ago. It had 77,000 miles then and I've got about 116,00 on it now. I've been extremely pleased with the quality. I've only had to replace the tires and change the oil. Still rides like a new one. I use it and abuse it like a work truck, yet it cleans up and runs like the luxury SUV it was designed for. When I ever decide to upgrade I will look to move up to the newer version...When the tires were worn out, I was getting about 15mpg, but with a new set I'm getting about 17 mpg....Definately one of the better autos I've owned...

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, BOSE stereo system, fold flat back seats, and comfortable ride...

Suggested Improvements

All the new stuff that comes with a newer model, but I can't complain about the great deal on a used SUV!