1999 Infiniti QX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX4 model:
Infiniti QX4
By clyde franklin on 09/27/07 07:49 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is the best I have ever had, dependable, reliable. This is a great looking truck. I will buy another!

Best SUV I've ever driven
By TC on 07/25/07 04:51 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

I've had this SUV for about 4 years. In that time we have had nearly no problems with it. The check engine light came on, we hooked it up to our OBDII reader and it came back as an O2 sensor (common problem). A week later we discovered that the muffler had rusted off. We replaced the muffler and the O2 sensor stopped giving us an error. Other than that, there have been ZERO problems - the most reliable car we own. Very comfortable riding vehicle, great for long trips, and the Bose sound system is phenomenal. I expect this thing to last another 100,000 miles at least - such excellent build quality from Nissan!

Great Reliable SUV
By BGuthrie on 10/15/06 22:42 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

The QX4 is a great midsize SUV. It is attractive, well-built, and has been supremely reliable since I purchased it.

Underpowed-gas guzzler
By T Munro on 08/02/06 10:26 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a very reliable car which is dramatically underpowered and gets poor gas mileage. The car is essentially an upgraded Nissan Pathfinder. Original price $37,000. Great looking with really nice interior. If you want one of these cars buy a newer model. Infiniti made some major changes to this model sometime after the 1999 model. Only buy a 1999 or earlier model if you can get a really great deal to make up for the lake of permformance and poor gas mileage. My 1998 Pontiac Bonneville gets 50% more gas mileage both on the freeway and in town. This is a poor freeway car as it has a limited range.

It does the trick
By Clive on 06/08/06 15:29 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this SUV used about 2 years ago. It had 77,000 miles then and I've got about 116,00 on it now. I've been extremely pleased with the quality. I've only had to replace the tires and change the oil. Still rides like a new one. I use it and abuse it like a work truck, yet it cleans up and runs like the luxury SUV it was designed for. When I ever decide to upgrade I will look to move up to the newer version...When the tires were worn out, I was getting about 15mpg, but with a new set I'm getting about 17 mpg....Definately one of the better autos I've owned...

Very Reliable
By Jeremy on 04/29/06 20:44 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this SUV and have since the beginning. It is now 7 years old, and the only problem was the battery. It died in year 2. Other than that, the reliability has been excellent. I wish they'd put a shoulder belt in the middle back seat. The gas mileage is always around 13 MPG...not the 15 to 19 that they had on the sticker. The power is underwhelming, but I have a lead foot, so it's a toss up. The proportions of this SUV really can't be beat. The interior is great for me (5'2") but not so great for my husband due to legroom (he's 6'1"). It still looks new and runs really well. The BOSE stereo is wonderful compared to other cars of that era. On my third set of tires though, with 47,000 miles

Great Vehicle
By Jim on 12/15/05 15:39 PM (PST)

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I've this QX4 for three years and have only changed the oil. Just gas and go. Very smooth highway ride, but can be bumpy on uneven pavement. Several times a year I make a 12-hour trip to see my daughter and do not get tired driving this SUV.

Achilles Heel
By nysign on 09/09/05 13:12 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

A really nice car...except for the oxygen sensors. There's four of them, and at $140 a pop each time they go, it can get really annoying. So far, I've changed them all (including twice on one). Enough! It is most troubling to see the "service engine soon" orange light go on, especially after just having the car serviced. Now the 6 CD changer is having difficulties, too. All with a vehicle which has less than 53,000 miles on it.

No complaints
By kevin on 06/29/05 14:25 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

Comfortable, fully adjustable seats. Standard Bose cd changer/stereo system. Best suspension I've ever seen in an SUV - offroad and on. Actually better suspension than our sedan - takes bumps in the road with ease. Super quiet ride. Reliable, reliable, reliable. Lots of comfort without the overbearing size of the larger SUV's. Pitfalls: size of cargo space is sufficient for our home remodelling efforts, however if you are looking for space to haul alot, it may not quite fit your needs - ie. fitting a queen size headboard isn't going to happen :), gas mileage is pretty bad - thankfully we're low mileage/year folks

I love my QX4
By DeLioness on 04/23/05 15:32 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

I took my sister to buy a vehicle and the sales people were more into me trading in my QX4 than selling her a car. That speaks for itself. It is a beautiful SUV. No major mechanical problems. It is 6 years old and looks and drives like a new ride.