1999 Infiniti QX4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX4 model:
I love this SUV, hate to give it up!!!!
By charorleans on 02/24/12 11:06 AM (PST)

1999 Infiniti QX4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

This SUV is amazing it!!! I purchased this SUV in 2005 at the time it had 104k miles on it I'm still driving this SUV with 322k miles on it and counting! It has survived Hurricane Katrina in 2005, a wreck in 2007 and I've never replaced the timing belt as of yet! I regular have my oil change, yearly maintenance and I replace one oxygen sensor. Its leaking oil at this point but I've traveled back and forth in this SUV from New OrleansRead the full review

The truck that can't be killed.
By jaggi on 05/30/11 16:29 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I got a Qx4 when I started school, it had 280,000 km on at at that time. Well, I drove it for three years without doing *any* maintenance at all except wiper blades. It was at 320 then, and I had to get the front brakes done. While I was there the mechanic said I should get the timing belt done too, he said they are supposed to be done every 100k and this one had never been replaced. I finished school and told myself I would drive it until it died and then buy a new car. Three years went by and it never died. I had to replace one oxygen sensor and they fiddled with a wire once because of a nock sensor. I sold it 2 weeks ago at 367k (kilometers) and I can't believe how it held its value!

One of the best cars I have owned
By egghead on 09/13/09 23:06 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a second home in Mammoth Lakes CA average 330 inches of snow a year. It is 320 miles from LAX. I have owned this car for 11 years and have 128000 miles. Just change the fluids and belts at 95000 and its runs better than it did when it was new. Started using Amsoil and now get 19mpg on the highway. Car should go 300,000 easily if maintained. Best snow car ever!!!

Love It!
By JM on 07/23/09 08:13 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

I got this car about 3.5 years ago for my 16th birthday (I was lucky!), and I have been very pleased with it. It has taken my scrapes and dents as gracefully as possible. Mine has 132,000 miles on it (98000 when purchased) and has had little problems, but I did have to take it into the shop about a year ago and spent $600 on a mass air flow sensor and another O2 sensor along with other minor maintenance which was a big chunk of money but totally worth it. I have become attached to my QX4 and won't let anyone else drive her. I would definitely recommend ANY Infiniti for someone to buy and I will remain a lifelong fan of their quality and style.

Once is enough.
By Honest John on 06/04/09 08:48 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Great looking, quality construction, poor gas mileage, very underpowered. No real repairs until 120,000 miles, since then repair cost more than two thousand five hundred dollars. I would not buy this car again due to poor gas mileage and lack of engine power.

Great SUV
By Ken on 05/13/09 16:59 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a really well built SUV. Previous owner had zero problems since buying new and had all records. There was a small front seal leak at 125K but these were replaced prior to purchase as well as the water pump just as a precaution. Very quiet and smooth compared to its Pathfinder sibling.

By Linda on 05/06/09 19:49 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

I have owned this QX4 almost 10 years and aside from routine maintenance it has only been to the shop 3 times, you can't beat that. It is sharp and sleek looking, very eye-catching on the hi-way. I wish INFINITI would consider making the QX4 again, I would be one of the first in line because of its reliability.

Great car going to miss it
By tw0000 on 09/04/08 23:55 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Loved this car since I bought it and was sad when I just sold it. Only thing I had to replace was one o2 sensor (outside of the normal fluid, brakes and tires). Did it myself and only cost me $80.

Unreal
By Oman on 05/23/08 19:14 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Bad fuel economy but inpressive quality It just won't die. I have kept good care of it and it just keeps on tickin' Great vehicle to buy second hand even if the milage is high because it most likely will last for 300000 miles

The Energizer Rabbit - It keeps going...
By GK Valencia, CA on 05/07/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti QX4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

187000 mile and still going! The transmission is starting to shift hard from 1st to 2nd, but the engine remains strong! Only major maintenance: replaced rear springs and struts; timing belt.