Used 1999 Infiniti QX4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Infiniti Qx4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX4 model:

I love this SUV, hate to give it up!!!!
By charorleans

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

This SUV is amazing it!!! I purchased this SUV in 2005 at the time it had 104k miles on it I'm still driving this SUV with 322k miles on it and counting! It has survived Hurricane Katrina in 2005, a wreck in 2007 and I've never replaced the timing belt as of yet! I regular have my oil change, yearly maintenance and I replace one oxygen sensor. Its leaking oil at this point but I've traveled back and forth in this SUV from New Orleans

Favorite Features

I love the style of the SUV its two toned colored, its roomy enough for traveling and durabale!

The truck that can't be killed.
By jaggi

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I got a Qx4 when I started school, it had 280,000 km on at at that time. Well, I drove it for three years without doing *any* maintenance at all except wiper blades. It was at 320 then, and I had to get the front brakes done. While I was there the mechanic said I should get the timing belt done too, he said they are supposed to be done every 100k and this one had never been replaced. I finished school and told myself I would drive it until it died and then buy a new car. Three years went by and it never died. I had to replace one oxygen sensor and they fiddled with a wire once because of a nock sensor. I sold it 2 weeks ago at 367k (kilometers) and I can't believe how it held its value!

Favorite Features

Nice interior styling, CD player sounds amazing, AWD took me through stuff that the city bus was getting stuck in.

Suggested Improvements

Rust formed on the driver side but this was over a period of 6 years and it still wasn't bad when I sold it. Not much power as compared to other vehicles but still enough to keep up with traffic. Gas mileage not terrible, not great.

One of the best cars I have owned
By egghead

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a second home in Mammoth Lakes CA average 330 inches of snow a year. It is 320 miles from LAX. I have owned this car for 11 years and have 128000 miles. Just change the fluids and belts at 95000 and its runs better than it did when it was new. Started using Amsoil and now get 19mpg on the highway. Car should go 300,000 easily if maintained. Best snow car ever!!!

Favorite Features

Never needs chains for snow even on years when there is 600 inches + I am sorry that Infiniti stopped making this car in 2003, but I bought another for my wife in 2003 with more horsepower.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower and better braking system like the Porsche Cayenne.

Love It!
By JM

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

I got this car about 3.5 years ago for my 16th birthday (I was lucky!), and I have been very pleased with it. It has taken my scrapes and dents as gracefully as possible. Mine has 132,000 miles on it (98000 when purchased) and has had little problems, but I did have to take it into the shop about a year ago and spent $600 on a mass air flow sensor and another O2 sensor along with other minor maintenance which was a big chunk of money but totally worth it. I have become attached to my QX4 and won't let anyone else drive her. I would definitely recommend ANY Infiniti for someone to buy and I will remain a lifelong fan of their quality and style.

Favorite Features

I really love how dependable it is. My mother owns 2 Infinitis and my sister owns one as well so I knew mine would be very dependable like theirs are. I really like the yellow fog lights as well. Mine is beginning to show age, but is still a great looking vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

As expected from a ten year old SUV, the gas mileage is not great. The best I have gotten was 19mpg running it on the interstate, which is not too bad for such a heavy car. Also, the car does not have very much engine power, but does great once you build up speed on the interstate or highway.

Once is enough.
By Honest John

1999 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

Great looking, quality construction, poor gas mileage, very underpowered. No real repairs until 120,000 miles, since then repair cost more than two thousand five hundred dollars. I would not buy this car again due to poor gas mileage and lack of engine power.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior looks. Sound system.

Suggested Improvements

More power and better gas mileage.