1998 Infiniti QX4 Consumer Review: Loved my QX4!

1998 Infiniti QX4 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Loved my QX4!
By jan on

1998 Infiniti QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my 1998 infiniti qx4 new replacing my 1993 pathfinder. The qx4 is light years nicer than the pathfinder! Qx4 is the most reliable, comfortable and trouble free vehicle ever! Bose stereo rocks! Scheduled maintenance and a small repair here and there in the 167,000 miles I drove it! Michelin xlt 100,000 mi. All weather SUV tires are awesome on qx4! So disappointed infiniti discontinued it! Just traded for a BMW x5 -- it was time -- although qx4 is still running beautifully and everything works perfectly! Amazing in all aspects! If you adhere to regular service schedule -- this is the best car ever! Love the 2wd/awd/4wd option - - never got stuck or slid on bad roads!

Favorite Features

Bose stereo, sun/moon roof, fabulous ride, quality leather and carpets, high visibility mirrors, heated electric adjustable seats, excellent reliability; fun road trip and shopping car! QX4 standard features are stellar! Only options were sunroof and off-road package! Deluxe interior/exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage -- combined 18; hwy 20. Cup holders in center console a bit awkward. Infinity should have kept making this vehicle! The FX is like driving a coffin and the Q56 is so huge! Pathfinder is not close in quality and everything is an option!