Used 2012 Infiniti QX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Infiniti QX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX model:

Best Value in the Class
By bryson5657

2012 Infiniti QX QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I am picking up our 2012 QX today. When we drove the car we couldn't believe how comfortable, powerful, and well-designed it is. I'll update this review as we own the car but am excited that we bought it, CPO with 45k miles on it, for less than the cost of a new 2015 Ford Explorer Sport or Ford Expedition XLT. To compare this vehicle to Fords, Chevy Tahoe LTZ, GMC Yukon, or 2010'ish Escalades is on-par with the point for the segment and this vehicle appears to be heads/tails above the rest in terms of refinement, power, and MPG.

MPG at 20 hwy, 400 hp, tons of room in the second row for car seats/kids, electronics are easy to use and intuitive. The camera system is a MUST on anything this big and it's amazing that no other competitor offers it. We have a 3 car tandem garage and snugging this vehicle in behind my 1989 Mustang is EASY with the cameras on-board. Will also be a breeze to trailer and launch our boat this summer.

Third row seats take for freaking ever to raise/lower. Get rid of the Buick style port-holes in the side - gross. Where are my ventilated seats?

Not perfect but really good - and expensive!
By wildkat11

2012 Infiniti QX QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

We've had this car for 18k miles. I like it. My wife thinks it's too big. It does feel big even though it's not any larger than other SUV's. I find that I use the surround cameras often during parking. Lots of nice features. Ride is harsh on entrance ways and sizeable bumps - but it's a smooth highway cruiser. If I drive the vehicle and really baby it I can get the listed mpg. My wife, however, is getting under 14 mpg average in mostly midsize town driving. I'm pretty disapointed in the mpg. Plus the tank is too small so you're constantly filling up with fuel.

Lots of features and toys. I can't work them all though. Probably could if it was my primary vehicle but I just don't spend enough time in it. I really like the looks of the vehicle. You see them all over our midsize community. Not sure why critics give the exterior poor scores. It's a quite ride and very powerful.

Smoother ride over bumps - like in parking lots. AC seats. Consistant rain sensing wipers - too sporadic.