Used 2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q50 model:

Good car - Reached a ton before buying!
By Kevin

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I read the reviews on here and was nervous about buying the car. My wife and I wanted a 4 door sedan because we already had the Explorer Sport (large SUV). I bought the 2014 and wanted the '15 because of the so so rating s on the '14 Q50... but this car was too good of a deal to pass up because it only had 6K miles on it (Bought Used - prior owner only leased). I have not had any issues with the car since I have owned it ( 1+ month.) The biggest complaint about this car on these reviews has been the electronics...GOOD NEWS! there is a software update for the electronics.. however it still has some really minor bugs. Example: When you start up the car its takes my car approximately 43-46 seconds for the apps to load. With this includes the rear camera "drive aid" lines. So if you hop in your car you can still use the reverse camera but the "drive aid" lines wont show up until your car software has loaded which again takes almost 1 minute. So this is occasionally annoying but not enough for me to hate the car. Other than that, the layout of the electronic is really nice. I am a simple guy who wanted a sharp looking car that had some kick to it ( this car definitely has some speed to it). I also wanted a car that when you sit in it, you are impressed by the look of the dash and the display which the double screens is really sharp. The one real knock I would have on the car is the lack of storage. Also, if you are over 6 foot - this car may be too tight for you but still check it out. I'm 5'11 (200lbs) and feels good but at times a little cramped. I'm not just talking about the trunk, I am talking about in the cabin too. the glove compartment is really small and the armrest storage is not deep at all. Also, the baby seat fits in the car but isn't as tight as I would personally like it... then again we take the Explorer for most long trips with the kids...Summary really fun car to drive and I wouldn't stress too hard on the electronics.

Do not buy if you have any regard for saftey .
By showguy

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I am a 6 time Infiniti owner who made the ill fated mistake of leasing a loaded (every possible option) 2014 Q50S. I am not going to get into the widely reviewed issues with the rushed out, garbage InTouch system or the take you life in your hands DAS steering wonder.
On the good side, the car is very attractive, well designed and performs well. That's where it ends. The noise level on the inside is equal to that of riding on a train. The factory supplied (long gone) run flat tires are noisy as hell, are blow out prowen (4 in 2 years). The passenger side seat rattles, the backup and front cameras are total mud and have long delays going on and going off. All of these issues when taken into the dealer and logging complaints with Infiniti have been answered with the typical Infiniti response " CAN NOT REPLICATE"
Now 27 months into a 39 month lease my car has been the shop for 5 weeks. The brake pedal will sink to the floor after a 20 mile or so drive. The car does stop, but it stops long and feels unstable. The dealer has replaced the master cylinder after 3 times of doing nothing except for giving me the old " CAN NOT REPLICATE" Now it is the shop again waiting for define intervention from Infiniti.
On top of that there is well known issues with the airbag system on this car. 3 Recalls later and 2 malfunction lights I can't say with confidence that they work.
In the end, if you are looking for a quality car in the $55,000+ range and you have any value for your sanity and the life of you and your loved ones, run away from this car, this manufacture and their dealer network. I thought I would never write such a review on Infiniti. They have betrayed me and thousands of faithful followers.

Very Disappointing
By Michael

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I was one of the first buyers of the Q50 at the end of 2013 and I bought it because I wanted a sedan and loved the styling. There are several problems with the Q50 but first, the things I like. I definitely have felt safe in the car despite having to have it towed (only once) because the steering started to click it couldn't seem to find it's feet. This only happened once and Infiniti fixed it and paid for the tow. It's a solid car. However, it rides rough, it's noisey, and the worst part is that display/navigation is very unresponsive. It's incredibly annoying to push on the screen and taking as long as 10 seconds to accept the response. I've had the car now for 3 1/2 years and Infiniti has yet to correct this. Whoever designed where the USB port was put must have been a contortionist because it's almost useless. The navigation is stupid and not at all intuitive. Additionally, for the life of me, I cannot understand why I can't make "Eco-Drive" the default??? You always have to start in "Standard" mode. I believe the Q70 drives better and will consider it when my lease is up but unless I were to get a screaming deal, I probably would move on to another brand.

Q50 Rocket
By William Carroll

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

It's not a jet, it's a ROCKET!!!!!

Don't buy from Infinity
By Svitlana Yegorova

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Interior is creaks, engine is lights up every months, sterling wheel is give a judder when pushing break and many many other problems.....
AND COSTUMER SERVICE ISTHE WORST... They are don't care about you your car and they reputation....!