It's Good but.........
By jrich73 on
2014 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7A)
I have owned 4 Infinitis before this one. 2007 FX35(loved it), 2012 G37XS(loved it), 2012 FX35 with Deluxe touring (Everyone loved this one) 2013 M37XS (I traded in my 2006 550i manual transmission because my M37XS made it feel slow) and lastly my Hagane Blue Q50 Hybris sport. I was really excite about getting 31 MPGs on the hughway in this car because I drive alot. The closest I have been able to get is 28 MPGs on the highway using cruise control. I use a simple fomula MPG = (miles driven)/(gallons). The car would say one number but it was always high by almost 3 MPGs. If it said 29, I would calculate 26-26.5. Unacceptable. Every car I've owned I have been able achieve the posted MPGs.
Favorite Features
I have achieved 34 MPGs in my 2000 BMW 528i manual transmission. 600 miles on a tank. I know how to get good gas mileage. I can't seem to do this in the Q50 Hybrid S AWD. I actually like the steer by wire. I looove the look with the lights and the sport wheels. There is no trunk space with the Hybrid. My nav screen only blanked for a second once since leasing. I love the sport seats, paddle shifter and the ability to control the steering and transmission shift points with the drive mode selector. infiniti connection is cool.
Suggested Improvements
No standard memory seats or sonars? That is just cheap. I am sure that will change for 2015. Gas mileage needs to be more accurate. I would not have gotten the Hybrid for just 2 more MPGs than the non-Hybrid which is what I am getting. Why are the apps not ready? They were supposed to be ready in September/November. Fix these and this car is a winner in my book.