Q50S Infiniti Computer Debacle
By rickm2345 on
2014 Infiniti Q50 Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)
I bought a new Q50 Sport AWD in mid-October. It is fun to drive. Performance and handling are great. The interior is well appointed and comfortable. It looks and feels luxurious. The major disappointment with this car is the Infiniti InTouch system. This system is used to control the navigation, climate, and audio systems. The system is takes a long time to first boot up and then is slow to respond to user input. The worst part is that it crashes and locks up all the controls. This was improved with a software upgrade but is still an issue. It's not fun when the navigation system gets reset while following route directions.
Favorite Features
The performance and handling of the sport model is a lot of fun.
Suggested Improvements
The Infiniti InTouch system needs major hardware and software improvements. There is no reason that it takes 10 times longer to boot my car's user interfaces to boot than it takes to boot my laptop. The Infiniti InTouch system should also respond faster. I expect instantaneous response, not a two three second lag time after pushing a button or setting a control. There also should never be a system crash. the navigation system/climate control/ & audio all lock up about once a week while the displays go blank and the system reboots for no apparent reason while driving down the road. I hope that the reliability and design of the drive by wire and other safety features are better.
By ewl88
on 09/16/14 08:04 AM (PDT)

can you comment if the updates have improved the situation? I am considering a q50 s awd in the next month. (september 2014) thanks.