Infiniti Q50 the worst car of 2014
By andrew714 on
2014 Infiniti Q50 Premium 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)
This car represents the the company as a whole. FAILURE. Not only did the stealership pull a bait and switch on me by changing the price of the car from sales to finance, but their customer service after the sales was just horrid. Go to the Q50 forum and you can read hundreds of owners who regret buying this car. Several members have successfully gotten Infiniti to buy back the car. DAS is a gimmick. It doesn't work in the real world. It feels artificial and has tons of bugs. The Intouch unit is laggy and prematurely released. Everyone who bought the Q50 were unwilling beta tester for the company. Avoid Infiniti and the Q50. This car sucks and so does the company.
Favorite Features
The transmission is very smooth compared to the previous G37.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of DAS (steer by wire) Make sure a feature works before marketing and selling the car. InTouch was prematurely released. Make InTouch more responsive. When you 1st start the car, you have to sit and wait 1-2 minutes for all features to load. Driving too early may cause DAS to fail. Reverse camera lines doesn't fully load until 2 minutes later.
By internetrush
on 02/15/14 18:23 PM (PST)

I do not own this car; however, ive test-driven it for the better part of four hours. First off the company is as solid as ive had over the years of car ownership. No company that ive interacted with is as willing to please and as professional. To this i attribute it to your "Stealership", dont blame the manufacturer for the problem that is probably related to the highschool dropouts that run your dealership. Second, the car itself has some pretty odd tech, ill give you that; however, there was nothing in it that bothered me while driving. At worst i could have said that some of the technology was uncomfortable or difficult to find settings for. As for the technology package, it does need work, but then again there aren't many people that would fall for spending that much money for that many "features" that do not enhance the drivers experience. Sorry you're disappointed; however, you should know what your buying if you're laying down 40-50 grand for it.

By shimb
on 02/23/14 11:18 AM (PST)

It takes 30-40 seconds for the message "Loading apps..." to disappear (definitely not 2 min). But, most of the functions are available much sooner. Try to click 'Audio' or 'Climate' buttons in 15-20 sec after the start. Around-view cameras with all the lines, as well as sonars and radar are available immediately after the start.

By andrew714
on 09/16/14 20:09 PM (PDT)

It's been 1 year and guess what? InTouch app still isn't avaialble. LOL WTF. The bluetooth audio is a hit or miss. Some times the car connects to it, some time it doesn't. And when it doesn't, it's a PITA. You have to turn off your bluetooth from your phone. Turn it back on. Go back into the car intouch settings, click on bluetooth, find your phone and reconnect. This takes about 5 minutes.

By shimb
on 06/25/14 08:30 AM (PDT)

After having base trim Q50 loaner for 2 days, I've realized that my Q50 Premium fully loaded not-sport is likely having different InTouch software, and that's why I didn't have the same bad experience. The loaner was exactly as you said, no guiding lines for 2 minutes, sound volume would periodically freeze :-|, etc. So, the solution is simple, why would anyone buy the base model ;-) DAS is excellent thing! That's what makes those driving modes to shine!

By kimt2
on 10/07/14 09:44 AM (PDT)

Purchased my Q50 April 2014. I traded my beloved 2007 Lexus GX470. I've had many of the same software issues..BT not loading, music scrambled, volume not working. I have to restart my engine to fix it. Infiniti is installing a new radio this Friday. One of my tires had a slow leak..had it repaired..then a bubble formed on the outside of it. I had to buy a new tire..which r run flat tires at $400 each. The tires ride rough and r noisy. I believe reg tires would make for a smoother ride. The one great thing is that it's super fun to drive..especially in sport mode. Also great gas mileage. I've owned an Infiniti SUV in the past and they have always had top notch after the sale service. I just hate having little pesky things go wrong with my car. I guess I'm spoiled from owning my Lexus for 7 years. Never had one single issue and it had 155K miles on it when I traded it. Wishing I would've bought another Lexus.