2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Consumer Reviews

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q50 model:
Exhilirating!
By Ahmad Hanif on 03/02/15 13:25 PM (PST)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

We leased a Q50S with Deluxe Touring package back in Oct 2014... it's everything we've expected; FUN TO DRIVE! Good handling, exciting technology that comes with the Deluxe Touring package. The car is very stylish (specially in sport model), the interior is very well put together and the seats are very comfortable. We upgraded from a G37x to this car, some of the difference are that the Q50 is a bit lower in the back, the wind noise is very irritating, but no complaints about the run flats. They are designed like that, they will give you a bit more of a road noise than regular tires. Over all... happy campers with this car!!

Not impressed
By yossarian7 on 12/07/14 15:38 PM (PST)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I have been driving this car for a month. It has excessive wind noise, engine noise and road noise -- far more than expected for a car in this price range. A harsh ride too. Severe torque steer as if it was a front-wheel-drive car. About 10% of the time, it doesn't recognize that I have the key in my pocket. About 25% of the time, it beeps a loud "alarm" when, after I park the car and turn it off, I open the door. Strong engine, but I am only averaging 17.4 MPG in mixed driving (pretty bad in my opinion for this small car).

Not Bad
By mtlinfin on 08/02/14 20:25 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I had a 2012 G37S, so this is a direct comparison. The Q50 isn't bad but it's a more refined and watered down G. The build is more solid with tighter fitting exterior joints and more solid interior. My G would creak and pop over any imperfection, this is much more solid of a car with a stiffer structure. The steering is not like the G AT ALL! New steer by wire is HORRIBLE! I have the elect assist and it has more feel but on center isn't great and too light. The car is quieter, but could be better. The run flat tires are prob the culprit. The gas mileage is pretty good, avg 30.9 on 600 mile trip at 65-75 mph. The infotainment system is half baked and needs major work.

Excellent New Model
By banman10 on 07/23/14 13:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This is my second Infiniti. I Previously owned the initial model year 2003 Infiniti G35. 12 years old, 225,000+ miles and ran like new. The new Q50 is a spectacular car. The fit and finish of the vehicle is on par with a BMW, Lexus, etc. The attention to detail is evident throughout. The navigation system and iPad like internal systems (music, navigation, concierge, etc.) touchscreen adds significantly to the driver experience. Alternative driving modes including Sport mode afford the driver incredible engine and drivetrain responsiveness. When combined with the drive by wire handling, which has to be experienced to be appreciated, it provides a great overall driver experience.

Despite its shortcomings, I love my car
By keziapurrs on 06/24/14 17:30 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased my Q50 in mid-March. It was a demo with 1700 miles on it. The car was delivered pretty much flawless. I love the look of the interior/exterior, and the feel/comfort of the car is outstanding. The navigation system has worked fine for me. No mishaps, even driving on country roads. The interior is nicely laid out and the technology "concepts" are awesome. I just wish the "In Touch" did what it was marketed to do. I made the mistake of speeding up the delivery process since I had spent so much time in finance, so the salesman pitched the "apps" as if they worked. That angers me. But overall, I love my car and wouldn't trade it in for it's shortcomings.

Would love to have my G37 back
By ejs855 on 06/14/14 11:12 AM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I made a hasty (and regrettable) decision to trade in my G37 6 months ago for the Q50. My payment is less, but since it's costing me ALOT more in gas, it was hardly worth the trade. Really dislike the tedious (and not too reliable) navigation system (was told it would be a big improvement over the Navtech that I had in the G37 - I don't agree). I wish I had gone with a Lexus or BMW. I hardly see any Q50's on the road...I think I know why.

Well...it looks good...
By srq5363 on 06/11/14 05:07 AM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I leased the base model with the sunroof about 1.5 weeks ago. I didn't want to pay for (or deal with) the electronic issues and gizmos and the base version hit my target price. It looked great, drove well, and met my needs for size. The downside is this car smells...bad. Two others like it smelled bad, too, but the dealership claimed that whatever I was smelling would wear off or they'd take care of it. After a few days, I returned and was told there was nothing they could do and I could trade it, lemon law it, or try to air it out. No luck. Software is buggy and slow and they are still saying apps are coming in 1 more month. I'm regretting my choice but, at least it looks good.

Q50 IS A PIECE OF JUNK
By q50_junk on 05/15/14 18:29 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone. Within the first 8 months of ownership, my Q50 had software problems, a leaking differential seal, 2 bad sensors which produced daily error messages. One even stated to shut the car down. It also had 2 recalls for a steering issue and the OCS system was incorrectly calibrated. Infiniti has refused to take back this lemon, so now I have to try to receive fair treatment through my state's Lemon Law. I should have purchased a LEXUS!

A Beautiful Machine
By tageo on 05/01/14 19:01 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I've had my car for 1 month now, and I am very impressed. The power and handling is excellent. The black on black looks sleek and mean. The interior quality is top notch, and it's full of nice options. Yes, the computer takes a bit of time to power up, but it's no big deal. You still have immediate access to the back-up camera, climate controls, and radio controls via the steering wheel buttons. Stop whining, people, and just enjoy driving this machine. Not a single problem with this car yet. I did not get the navigation, no need for it. And I don't know why people are complaining about the run flat tires. The tires are fine. This car is simply fun to drive!

Initial reviewer has a case of sour grapes
By grutkay on 04/25/14 20:57 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased my Q50 just recently, I got the total safety package including drive by wire, the radar activated brakes, the camera that views the road, etc... It's the best car I've ever had in my life! Comfort is superb for long trips, fuel economy is only 1L/100km more than my old Chevy Cobalt. The engine has a frightening amount of power to it, this car accelerates on 0.2 seconds longer from 0-100km/h than a Bentley Continental GT! It's a real powerhouse! I love the safety packages, I picked this car so my wife would have good comfort and safety and she loves the seats, the built-in heat and all around smooth ride. [non-permissible content removed]