2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q50 model:
Excellent New Model
By banman10 on 07/23/14 13:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This is my second Infiniti. I Previously owned the initial model year 2003 Infiniti G35. 12 years old, 225,000+ miles and ran like new. The new Q50 is a spectacular car. The fit and finish of the vehicle is on par with a BMW, Lexus, etc. The attention to detail is evident throughout. The navigation system and iPad like internal systems (music, navigation, concierge, etc.) touchscreen adds significantly to the driver experience. Alternative driving modes including Sport mode afford the driver incredible engine and drivetrain responsiveness. When combined with the drive by wire handling, which has to be experienced to be appreciated, it provides a great overall driver experience.

Despite its shortcomings, I love my car
By keziapurrs on 06/24/14 17:30 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased my Q50 in mid-March. It was a demo with 1700 miles on it. The car was delivered pretty much flawless. I love the look of the interior/exterior, and the feel/comfort of the car is outstanding. The navigation system has worked fine for me. No mishaps, even driving on country roads. The interior is nicely laid out and the technology "concepts" are awesome. I just wish the "In Touch" did what it was marketed to do. I made the mistake of speeding up the delivery process since I had spent so much time in finance, so the salesman pitched the "apps" as if they worked. That angers me. But overall, I love my car and wouldn't trade it in for it's shortcomings.

Would love to have my G37 back
By ejs855 on 06/14/14 11:12 AM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I made a hasty (and regrettable) decision to trade in my G37 6 months ago for the Q50. My payment is less, but since it's costing me ALOT more in gas, it was hardly worth the trade. Really dislike the tedious (and not too reliable) navigation system (was told it would be a big improvement over the Navtech that I had in the G37 - I don't agree). I wish I had gone with a Lexus or BMW. I hardly see any Q50's on the road...I think I know why.

Well...it looks good...
By srq5363 on 06/11/14 05:07 AM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I leased the base model with the sunroof about 1.5 weeks ago. I didn't want to pay for (or deal with) the electronic issues and gizmos and the base version hit my target price. It looked great, drove well, and met my needs for size. The downside is this car smells...bad. Two others like it smelled bad, too, but the dealership claimed that whatever I was smelling would wear off or they'd take care of it. After a few days, I returned and was told there was nothing they could do and I could trade it, lemon law it, or try to air it out. No luck. Software is buggy and slow and they are still saying apps are coming in 1 more month. I'm regretting my choice but, at least it looks good.

Q50 IS A PIECE OF JUNK
By q50_junk on 05/15/14 18:29 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone. Within the first 8 months of ownership, my Q50 had software problems, a leaking differential seal, 2 bad sensors which produced daily error messages. One even stated to shut the car down. It also had 2 recalls for a steering issue and the OCS system was incorrectly calibrated. Infiniti has refused to take back this lemon, so now I have to try to receive fair treatment through my state's Lemon Law. I should have purchased a LEXUS!

A Beautiful Machine
By tageo on 05/01/14 19:01 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I've had my car for 1 month now, and I am very impressed. The power and handling is excellent. The black on black looks sleek and mean. The interior quality is top notch, and it's full of nice options. Yes, the computer takes a bit of time to power up, but it's no big deal. You still have immediate access to the back-up camera, climate controls, and radio controls via the steering wheel buttons. Stop whining, people, and just enjoy driving this machine. Not a single problem with this car yet. I did not get the navigation, no need for it. And I don't know why people are complaining about the run flat tires. The tires are fine. This car is simply fun to drive!

Initial reviewer has a case of sour grapes
By grutkay on 04/25/14 20:57 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased my Q50 just recently, I got the total safety package including drive by wire, the radar activated brakes, the camera that views the road, etc... It's the best car I've ever had in my life! Comfort is superb for long trips, fuel economy is only 1L/100km more than my old Chevy Cobalt. The engine has a frightening amount of power to it, this car accelerates on 0.2 seconds longer from 0-100km/h than a Bentley Continental GT! It's a real powerhouse! I love the safety packages, I picked this car so my wife would have good comfort and safety and she loves the seats, the built-in heat and all around smooth ride. [non-permissible content removed]

Awesome Automobile
By imrgaff on 03/20/14 15:26 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This is my third Infiniti - G35, G37S and now the Q50. I have loved all of them but this is by far the best of the bunch. Everything about this car is great including the technology, which is amazing. The handling and the ride are better than both of the previous cars.

best car i ever owned
By johnnywild74 on 03/16/14 05:42 AM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

best car i ever owned very powerful great looks tech is awesome in the car

Q50 is a disappointment
By ray on 02/10/14 08:46 AM (PST)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

We purchased the Q50 because we loved our G35X so much. When we purchased the Q50 in early October 2013, we knew there were issues with the computer system. The salesperson told us that there would be a fix in November and we would be contacted. During October and November, we experienced a range of issues with the navigation system and one touch system. We had to reboot the system almost every time we drove the car. We were not contacted for the fix in November or December and we started to experience many steering issues. My wife contacted the Pittsburgh Infiniti dealer to no avail. I guess they were waiting for someone to be killed by the steering problem before taking action.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan in VA is:

$127 per month*