2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Infiniti Q50 - Consumer Reviews

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan

View reviews for a specific Q50 model:

Hate this car - can't wait to get rid of it
By g35zman

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I used to love the Infiniti brand and my Q50 is the forth one I have owned. Something has happened to Infiniti reliability over the last several years and it's moving in the wrong direction. The worst part is that Infiniti leadership doesn't seem to care. This is also the opinion of numerous Infiniti employees I have talked to. What's good: great engine and performance. What's bad: electronics system is a hot mess. Has been in for repairs four times. The Infiniti InTouch system is a joke. The back of my trunk is already developing a rust spot and the car is barely over a year old. Problems with the electronic door locks that leave me out in the rain trying to get into my car!

Favorite Features

Two year lease will be over soon. The engine hasn't failed yet.

Suggested Improvements

Replace Infiniti leadership with people who actually care about the customer and quality before it's too late. It's already too late for me - I will never buy another Infiniti again.

Buyers Remorse....
By andrew714

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This is one of the biggest mistake ever. Not only did OC Infiniti ripped me off, they sold me a lemon. First and foremost, this car stinks. From the AC to the dead body order coming from the sunroof. Apparently there is a TSB for the smell. Haven't taken the car in yet. This will be the 3rd time I've taken the car to the Dealership for the smell. The first 2 times was a waste of time. 2nd, the car gets horrible MPG's. I'm avg 15mpg city driving. The steering wheel uses "remote control steering" technology. And it feels exactly like it sounds. Ever played with a remove control car from the 99 cent store? The steering wheel control in this 50k car has the same feel. CRAP!

Favorite Features

The best feature of this car is that I leased it and can't wait to get rid of it.

Suggested Improvements

Everything! Navigation sucks. Intouch Audio sucks. (lags, missing pandora app, paid for Premium Bose Audio and the sounds is worse than that of my 2006 G35 coupe). Horrible gas mileage. Getting barely 15mpg on city driving. Steering wheels feels horrible. It's out of touch and isn't reliable. Especially if you decide to head up a snowy mountain and the steering wheel freezes on you because it's to cold. [non-permissible content removed]!

Exhilirating!
By Ahmad Hanif

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

We leased a Q50S with Deluxe Touring package back in Oct 2014... it's everything we've expected; FUN TO DRIVE! Good handling, exciting technology that comes with the Deluxe Touring package. The car is very stylish (specially in sport model), the interior is very well put together and the seats are very comfortable. We upgraded from a G37x to this car, some of the difference are that the Q50 is a bit lower in the back, the wind noise is very irritating, but no complaints about the run flats. They are designed like that, they will give you a bit more of a road noise than regular tires. Over all... happy campers with this car!!

Favorite Features

Rear folding seats Sport package Drive by Wire feature

Suggested Improvements

the intouch system is annoyingly slow. the Infiniti connection is slow as well and I read that it runs on a 2G signal.

Not impressed
By yossarian7

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I have been driving this car for a month. It has excessive wind noise, engine noise and road noise -- far more than expected for a car in this price range. A harsh ride too. Severe torque steer as if it was a front-wheel-drive car. About 10% of the time, it doesn't recognize that I have the key in my pocket. About 25% of the time, it beeps a loud "alarm" when, after I park the car and turn it off, I open the door. Strong engine, but I am only averaging 17.4 MPG in mixed driving (pretty bad in my opinion for this small car).

ELectronics Don't Work - Don't Buy
By peeg

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Although I enjoy the way the car drives, when I purchased it I was told that "software updates" would correct any problems. Bottom line, over a year later I have to reboot the computer (turn the car off and on and it takes 45 seconds to boot) because the center console is blank, radio doesn't work, sensors for detecting near objects (like my garage posts) don't stop beeping, radio cuts in and out (not reception), apps don't work.... need I say more? Car doesn't live up to billing which is why I bought it. I object to the way they rolled this out and would not buy another Infinity. Never had this problem with my prior Lexus.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior, comfort good as well.

Suggested Improvements

Fix electronics so they work - sounds silly, but they just don't and can be a real problem just driving (map for GPS often doesn't zoom when knob is turned so I've missed turns), the nav system can be very loud and although I set it lower, it defaults to loud every time the car is started - can not "lock it".