2014 Infiniti Q50 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Infiniti Q50 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q50 model:

My last Infiniti
By David

2014 Infiniti Q50 Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Good looking car, strong engine for the most part, comfortable interior on road trips, but overall a disappointment. Definitely buyer's remorse. The inTouch electronics are buggy, slow, or just plain don't work. Dealer has been really nice, but they can't change the poor quality and design of the manufacturer's electronics. I have a complaint logged with Infiniti Consumer Affairs, and they were also really nice, but unwilling to do anything about the problems I've had. I've had the car about a year and a half, and its been in the shop cumulatively for almost a month. And after today, when several functions of the car electronics disappeared, I now have to schedule it into the shop again. I have never had problems like this with any car I've ever owned. My second Infiniti, but it will be my last.

Hate this car - can't wait to get rid of it
By g35zman

2014 Infiniti Q50 Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I used to love the Infiniti brand and my Q50 is the forth one I have owned. Something has happened to Infiniti reliability over the last several years and it's moving in the wrong direction. The worst part is that Infiniti leadership doesn't seem to care. This is also the opinion of numerous Infiniti employees I have talked to. What's good: great engine and performance. What's bad: electronics system is a hot mess. Has been in for repairs four times. The Infiniti InTouch system is a joke. The back of my trunk is already developing a rust spot and the car is barely over a year old. Problems with the electronic door locks that leave me out in the rain trying to get into my car!

Two year lease will be over soon. The engine hasn't failed yet.

Replace Infiniti leadership with people who actually care about the customer and quality before it's too late. It's already too late for me - I will never buy another Infiniti again.

Buyers Remorse....
By andrew714

2014 Infiniti Q50 Premium 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This is one of the biggest mistake ever. Not only did OC Infiniti ripped me off, they sold me a lemon. First and foremost, this car stinks. From the AC to the dead body order coming from the sunroof. Apparently there is a TSB for the smell. Haven't taken the car in yet. This will be the 3rd time I've taken the car to the Dealership for the smell. The first 2 times was a waste of time. 2nd, the car gets horrible MPG's. I'm avg 15mpg city driving. The steering wheel uses "remote control steering" technology. And it feels exactly like it sounds. Ever played with a remove control car from the 99 cent store? The steering wheel control in this 50k car has the same feel. CRAP!

The best feature of this car is that I leased it and can't wait to get rid of it.

Everything! Navigation sucks. Intouch Audio sucks. (lags, missing pandora app, paid for Premium Bose Audio and the sounds is worse than that of my 2006 G35 coupe). Horrible gas mileage. Getting barely 15mpg on city driving. Steering wheels feels horrible. It's out of touch and isn't reliable. Especially if you decide to head up a snowy mountain and the steering wheel freezes on you because it's to cold. [non-permissible content removed]!

Q50 experience-15 months later
By Mohamed Samman

2014 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7A)

I leased a Q50S AWD Hybrid in Nov 2013. The first couple of months I had problems with the Infiniti Connection technology that even the dealership couldn't figure out how to fix. Since then it has been a very pleasant experience. The recent addition of the inTouch apps is nice. The handling and cornering is the same if not better than BMW 335. In Sport mode the acceleration is awesome and the paddle shifters are very responsive. When accelerating from low speed in standard or eco mode the transmission appears confused which gear to shift to first and sometimes fails to respond properly to the driver's foot on the gas pedal.

Very stable cornering at high speeds. Gas consumption very good in standard or eco mode for a 360 hp engine.

Improve software for transmission shift when accelerating from low speeds in Standard and eco mode so its smoother and more accurate and responsive.

Exhilirating!
By Ahmad Hanif

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

We leased a Q50S with Deluxe Touring package back in Oct 2014... it's everything we've expected; FUN TO DRIVE! Good handling, exciting technology that comes with the Deluxe Touring package. The car is very stylish (specially in sport model), the interior is very well put together and the seats are very comfortable. We upgraded from a G37x to this car, some of the difference are that the Q50 is a bit lower in the back, the wind noise is very irritating, but no complaints about the run flats. They are designed like that, they will give you a bit more of a road noise than regular tires. Over all... happy campers with this car!!

Rear folding seats Sport package Drive by Wire feature

the intouch system is annoyingly slow. the Infiniti connection is slow as well and I read that it runs on a 2G signal.