2014 Infiniti Q50 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q50 model:
Not impressed
By yossarian7 on 12/07/14 15:38 PM (PST)

2014 Infiniti Q50 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I have been driving this car for a month. It has excessive wind noise, engine noise and road noise -- far more than expected for a car in this price range. A harsh ride too. Severe torque steer as if it was a front-wheel-drive car. About 10% of the time, it doesn't recognize that I have the key in my pocket. About 25% of the time, it beeps a loud "alarm" when, after I park the car and turn it off, I open the door. Strong engine, but I am only averaging 17.4 MPG in mixed driving (pretty bad in my opinion for this small car).

A compromised sport sedan
By ocd168 on 11/29/14 16:29 PM (PST)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7A)

After leasing the car for about 6 months, 5k miles, here's my assessment. Accelerating from standstill is great, the electric motor really provides a smooth takeoff combined with the gas engine for the power. In "sport" mode it is fast (0-60 in 4.9s). However, taking turns or windy road is a different matter, I never feel the car is planted like the 3-series, car feels unstable at times. Sometimes the auto brake, lane departure tech get in the way of driving, I usually turn it off on local streets. The lane departure prevention is of little use because when the lane curves too much it won't correct for you. The touch-screen computer is extremely SLOW, needs a faster processor.

ELectronics Don't Work - Don't Buy
By peeg on 11/01/14 07:10 AM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Although I enjoy the way the car drives, when I purchased it I was told that "software updates" would correct any problems. Bottom line, over a year later I have to reboot the computer (turn the car off and on and it takes 45 seconds to boot) because the center console is blank, radio doesn't work, sensors for detecting near objects (like my garage posts) don't stop beeping, radio cuts in and out (not reception), apps don't work.... need I say more? Car doesn't live up to billing which is why I bought it. I object to the way they rolled this out and would not buy another Infinity. Never had this problem with my prior Lexus.

NOISEY
By alfstinky1 on 09/20/14 08:00 AM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned this car for almost a year. Outstanding power, 15MPG city (NYC), 25 highway. Ride can be a little rough at times. Nice interior and outstanding BOSE sound system. Seat comfort and room is fine (6'1").

Not Bad
By mtlinfin on 08/02/14 20:25 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I had a 2012 G37S, so this is a direct comparison. The Q50 isn't bad but it's a more refined and watered down G. The build is more solid with tighter fitting exterior joints and more solid interior. My G would creak and pop over any imperfection, this is much more solid of a car with a stiffer structure. The steering is not like the G AT ALL! New steer by wire is HORRIBLE! I have the elect assist and it has more feel but on center isn't great and too light. The car is quieter, but could be better. The run flat tires are prob the culprit. The gas mileage is pretty good, avg 30.9 on 600 mile trip at 65-75 mph. The infotainment system is half baked and needs major work.

Excellent New Model
By banman10 on 07/23/14 13:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This is my second Infiniti. I Previously owned the initial model year 2003 Infiniti G35. 12 years old, 225,000+ miles and ran like new. The new Q50 is a spectacular car. The fit and finish of the vehicle is on par with a BMW, Lexus, etc. The attention to detail is evident throughout. The navigation system and iPad like internal systems (music, navigation, concierge, etc.) touchscreen adds significantly to the driver experience. Alternative driving modes including Sport mode afford the driver incredible engine and drivetrain responsiveness. When combined with the drive by wire handling, which has to be experienced to be appreciated, it provides a great overall driver experience.

Despite its shortcomings, I love my car
By keziapurrs on 06/24/14 17:30 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Premium 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased my Q50 in mid-March. It was a demo with 1700 miles on it. The car was delivered pretty much flawless. I love the look of the interior/exterior, and the feel/comfort of the car is outstanding. The navigation system has worked fine for me. No mishaps, even driving on country roads. The interior is nicely laid out and the technology "concepts" are awesome. I just wish the "In Touch" did what it was marketed to do. I made the mistake of speeding up the delivery process since I had spent so much time in finance, so the salesman pitched the "apps" as if they worked. That angers me. But overall, I love my car and wouldn't trade it in for it's shortcomings.

Would love to have my G37 back
By ejs855 on 06/14/14 11:12 AM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I made a hasty (and regrettable) decision to trade in my G37 6 months ago for the Q50. My payment is less, but since it's costing me ALOT more in gas, it was hardly worth the trade. Really dislike the tedious (and not too reliable) navigation system (was told it would be a big improvement over the Navtech that I had in the G37 - I don't agree). I wish I had gone with a Lexus or BMW. I hardly see any Q50's on the road...I think I know why.

Well...it looks good...
By srq5363 on 06/11/14 05:07 AM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I leased the base model with the sunroof about 1.5 weeks ago. I didn't want to pay for (or deal with) the electronic issues and gizmos and the base version hit my target price. It looked great, drove well, and met my needs for size. The downside is this car smells...bad. Two others like it smelled bad, too, but the dealership claimed that whatever I was smelling would wear off or they'd take care of it. After a few days, I returned and was told there was nothing they could do and I could trade it, lemon law it, or try to air it out. No luck. Software is buggy and slow and they are still saying apps are coming in 1 more month. I'm regretting my choice but, at least it looks good.

Q50 IS A PIECE OF JUNK
By q50_junk on 05/15/14 18:29 PM (PDT)

2014 Infiniti Q50 Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone. Within the first 8 months of ownership, my Q50 had software problems, a leaking differential seal, 2 bad sensors which produced daily error messages. One even stated to shut the car down. It also had 2 recalls for a steering issue and the OCS system was incorrectly calibrated. Infiniti has refused to take back this lemon, so now I have to try to receive fair treatment through my state's Lemon Law. I should have purchased a LEXUS!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Infiniti Q50 in VA is:

$173 per month*