Ridiculous value for such a luxurious car
By sullivan86 on
2005 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)
I was looking for an every day car for myself after my previous car, a 2000 Dodge Neon finally died. The Neon was my first new car purchase and served me well through the years, but being 12 years older and more successful, I wanted to get something nice to drive that wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg. I searched Craigslist for about a month in the hopes of finding a deal and low and behold, I find this beauty. I honestly thought the $15k price listing was a type-o until I did some research and saw how much these cars depreciated in value. No matter. After viewing/driving the car I felt like I was getting away with robbery.
Favorite Features
First and foremost, the car drives like a dream. You really feel like you're floating along on the road, and with 340hp under the hood, you can get where you need to go quickly if you want to. The back seat is huge, and easily fit a car seat and two young kids (ages 5-8). The car runs silently, has a great stereo system in it, and all the amenities that you would expect from a $50k+ luxury vehicle. One of the things that scare some people away from these cars is that they didn't sell well in the U.S. I love it, because I have never seen another Q45 like mine on the street, which makes it a real head-turner.
Suggested Improvements
That 340hp engine just loves it some gasoline. But what do you expect? You get what you pay for, and if you're looking for a fuel efficient vehicle, look elsewhere. The stereo/information center is proprietary, which, if you're an audiophile like me, is a bit of a turnoff. Fortunately, the Bose 8-speaker system is superb, and provides more than adequate sound. I challenge you to find a Q owner who doesn't love his/her car! Nearly every review I found online was positive as well. Enjoy your new Q-ship!