2005 Infiniti Q45 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 5-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )
Fabulous
By mycough on 08/21/12 20:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

What a great car for any amount of money, but even more so when the prices are so low. Very fast, and luxurious. If you are looking to buy, I'd recommend finding one with the premium package as it adds a lot of goodies. On the description above it did not let me select Premium but only "base". Premium adds air conditioned front seats and many cool things for rear seat passengers like electric reclining seats and radio and AC controls.

Ridiculous value for such a luxurious car
By sullivan86 on 10/04/11 18:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for an every day car for myself after my previous car, a 2000 Dodge Neon finally died. The Neon was my first new car purchase and served me well through the years, but being 12 years older and more successful, I wanted to get something nice to drive that wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg. I searched Craigslist for about a month in the hopes of finding a deal and low and behold, I find this beauty. I honestly thought the $15k price listing was a type-o until I did some research and saw how much these cars depreciated in value. No matter. After viewing/driving the car I felt like I was getting away with robbery.

Great find
By Joe on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I searched months for the right new car and found it in the 2005 Infiniti Q45. It is powerful, quiet, smooth, comfortable and reliable. Most important I am as pleased today as I was when I first made the purchase.

Fab car
By artiand on 04/12/10 12:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Have owned a caddy, and Lexus, gm and Chrysler, Ford cars. Nothing like a Q45. What a beauty! Love it and strongly recommend as a preowned. Excellent value.

Fun, powerful, why wast on a BMW?
By Joe on 10/31/06 13:16 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I drive 2005 Infiniti Q45 while my wife drives 2005 Lexus ES330 (got the Lexus first). Falling love with the Lexus right away, which does everything best. I thought the Lexus has finest steeling ever. Well, after the Q45, there is no way for me to trade with my wife’s Lexus, the smoothest steeling ever! Solid and heavy. very firm handling. don't feel 4000 lbs at all when I curve the car around. Manual mode (5 speed clutch-less) shift is so fun! Know how 340 hp can do, use the manual mode and 3rd gear,step on the gas! Now I know what is a difference between $40K and $60K cars! I am so spoiled by the Q45, I afraid I will have a hard time to think of other car.

Loss of Value
By Christopher on 09/28/06 12:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car, but I would recommend that all buyers interested in Infinitis first look at the tradein values before buying. My Q45 was $64K when purchased and is now valued at less than $30K! Infinitis, for some reason, sink like rocks. No matter the condition, mileage, etc, they lose value much faster than their competitors. Check Edmunds and Blue Book before buying... Caveat Emptor!

You cannot go wrong if you buy it used
By texased on 07/10/06 11:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best car for the money, Only if you buy it used. Let somebody else pay Depreciation. This car is great, Smooth runing, little to no road noise, and very nice looking inside and out. The exterior is smooth but does not stand out in a crowd. But if you are looking for great value , a great ride , great luxury features, great quality, and great reliabilty then the Q45 is your car. By buying my Q used save $23,000 dollars from the sticker. My 2005 Q45 with XM radio and 18,000 miles cost $35,000 in May 06. . But if you want to pay $20,000+ more for the Lexus or Mercedes name. that will be all you are getting just the name. The Q45 is the best luxary car value on the market.

A Better Car
By rob shepard on 05/20/06 12:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

After owning Mercedes, Acuras and Maximas I have owned three used Q45's and their is no doubt that this car is the best of the bunch especially at the price. You should be ranking this car higher than you are!

Road Car
By R. Vitelli on 01/17/06 04:38 AM (PST)

2005 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive. Does not lean on turns. Highly reliable. Solid feel and quality workmanship. A better car than Lexus 430 which I owned for four years and would not recomend.Ride and handling is similar to a Mercedes, which I also own.

No Title
By Don Newton on 11/17/05 04:03 AM (PST)

2005 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is prety much everything I expected. The back-up TV could be brighter and I would like a brightness control on the navagation map. I would also like the option to NOT go to the nighttime map display when the lights come on. Standard daytime running lights would be nice too. NISSAN needs to dump those d--n low profile tires. While they improve handeling: they are ugly, transmit road noise, and ride rough as h-ll!! That's prettty much it for me.