Used 2005 Infiniti Q45 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Infiniti Q45 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 5-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )

Fabulous
By mycough

2005 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

What a great car for any amount of money, but even more so when the prices are so low. Very fast, and luxurious. If you are looking to buy, I'd recommend finding one with the premium package as it adds a lot of goodies. On the description above it did not let me select Premium but only "base". Premium adds air conditioned front seats and many cool things for rear seat passengers like electric reclining seats and radio and AC controls.

Great motor. Very sweet with power available anytime you want it.

Well since they aren't making them anymore, this column is a waste, but I do wish for a little more stand out styling. On the other hand it is somewhat nice to be stealthy with the strong motor on hand.

Ridiculous value for such a luxurious car
By sullivan86

2005 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for an every day car for myself after my previous car, a 2000 Dodge Neon finally died. The Neon was my first new car purchase and served me well through the years, but being 12 years older and more successful, I wanted to get something nice to drive that wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg. I searched Craigslist for about a month in the hopes of finding a deal and low and behold, I find this beauty. I honestly thought the $15k price listing was a type-o until I did some research and saw how much these cars depreciated in value. No matter. After viewing/driving the car I felt like I was getting away with robbery.

First and foremost, the car drives like a dream. You really feel like you're floating along on the road, and with 340hp under the hood, you can get where you need to go quickly if you want to. The back seat is huge, and easily fit a car seat and two young kids (ages 5-8). The car runs silently, has a great stereo system in it, and all the amenities that you would expect from a $50k+ luxury vehicle. One of the things that scare some people away from these cars is that they didn't sell well in the U.S. I love it, because I have never seen another Q45 like mine on the street, which makes it a real head-turner.

That 340hp engine just loves it some gasoline. But what do you expect? You get what you pay for, and if you're looking for a fuel efficient vehicle, look elsewhere. The stereo/information center is proprietary, which, if you're an audiophile like me, is a bit of a turnoff. Fortunately, the Bose 8-speaker system is superb, and provides more than adequate sound. I challenge you to find a Q owner who doesn't love his/her car! Nearly every review I found online was positive as well. Enjoy your new Q-ship!

Great find
By Joe

2005 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I searched months for the right new car and found it in the 2005 Infiniti Q45. It is powerful, quiet, smooth, comfortable and reliable. Most important I am as pleased today as I was when I first made the purchase.

They did not build many of these and it is so nice to drive and not see everyone else driving the same car. Get many compliments!

Fab car
By artiand

2005 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Have owned a caddy, and Lexus, gm and Chrysler, Ford cars. Nothing like a Q45. What a beauty! Love it and strongly recommend as a preowned. Excellent value.

Everything

Get rid of the low-profile tires.

Fun, powerful, why wast on a BMW?
By Joe

2005 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I drive 2005 Infiniti Q45 while my wife drives 2005 Lexus ES330 (got the Lexus first). Falling love with the Lexus right away, which does everything best. I thought the Lexus has finest steeling ever. Well, after the Q45, there is no way for me to trade with my wife’s Lexus, the smoothest steeling ever! Solid and heavy. very firm handling. don't feel 4000 lbs at all when I curve the car around. Manual mode (5 speed clutch-less) shift is so fun! Know how 340 hp can do, use the manual mode and 3rd gear,step on the gas! Now I know what is a difference between $40K and $60K cars! I am so spoiled by the Q45, I afraid I will have a hard time to think of other car.

Handing, performance, power, and the dual-mode transmission, Sat radio.

limit trunk space, no lite indicator on the AC/Heat/Climate control (cannot tell if the AC/heat is On or not unless turn ON the screen), do not like to joy- stick contr, still cannot figure out how to operator the Navigation and voice activation. Need a good manual and touch-screen (like the Lexus has