2003 Infiniti Q45 Luxury Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:

Sort Reviews by

Bullet Proof Reliability - Incredible Performance
By readmore

2003 Infiniti Q45 Premium 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

What we want in a car is a little like the work we what from our car mechanic, i.e. - Fast & Cheap & Good. The trouble is... you only get to pick two because the holy trinity of all three is as elusive as a Powerball Jackpot. So what most of us look for in a car is a balance between the car world's current holy trinity of Performance & Reliability & Fuel Economy. I believe that this is exactly what F50 Q owners have done. These cars are unbelievably well put together and their performance (esp. if the car is equipped with the Sport package) is enough to make most full sized BMW owners wish weren't so pretentious. Fuel Economy is the bit that lags at about 17/22 but what a car!!

Favorite Features

The best ones to have in the 2002-06 Q45's are equipped with the Premium package. The navigation system is dated but the RearView Monitor, Sport Suspension Mode, Intelligent Cruise Control (lazer guided), Heated & Cooled Front seats and the built in back shades for the back windows are all very useful. This is MID-SIZE car but that handles very well and you can't substitute the exhilaration of raw horsepower (340HP/333lbs-ft Torque)

Suggested Improvements

None. This is the best car Nissan knew how to make 6 years ago and may still be. I'm OK with the fact that they couldn't market the car well because I picked mine up for 1/2 what a Lexus 430 would have cost and they are, at worst, equivalent cars. These cars are simply the best combination of Reliability & Performance in the used sedan market for under $15k.

Best Kept Secret Ever
By benhurr

2003 Infiniti Q45 Premium 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my preowned (one-owner) 2003 Luxury Edition this past August, and got it for peanuts (the sticker on this car when new was $62,750). This is my 3rd Q45. After driving my 1997 Touring edition for over 168,000 miles with no major repairs needed, I was looking for a newer replacement. At the price I paid, I could not pass this car by even though it is 8 years old. This car is amazing and I still can't believe it did not do better from a sales perspective. I've owned Mercedes, BMW's, Acura, & Lexus and none of those cars can match the features, ride, performance and fantastic reliability. In case you can't tell, I love this car.

Favorite Features

Power, ( love the muffled roar of the V-8), comfort, unmatched options. Everywhere I go, people ask me what I'm driving and they all love the look of the car. Once inside, our friend just rave about the features, controls and ride.

Suggested Improvements

A more "hard core" sports option on the suspension and omitting the "stick" control on the navigation system would be the only improvements.

Fun to Drive Luxury
By W.Kahrs

2003 Infiniti Q45 Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Best valued luxury car ever. Dealer support is excellent. Have achieved 21 MPG on commutes after learning what works, but expect 17 if you like to experience the 340 hp. This car never fails to impress passengers who comment on the excellent ride. Loves to run at higher speeds

Favorite Features

Sophisticated luxury. High tech features from voice activation to adaptive cruise control and lots more.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission and suspension both need a better sport mode - especially the transmission which needs a G35 like programming.

Good Stuff Cheap
By seldomseen

2003 Infiniti Q45 Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought an '03 Q45 in pristine condition. The luxury options on this car are more than generous. The power of the engine is amazing too. It doesn't seem to handle as taut as the 03/04 M45s but it does drive a lot smoother though. This generation Q45 is attractive and comparably equipped as the likes other Asian and Euro vehicles within this "new" price segment.

Favorite Features

GPS, dash layout, 340 bhp engine, ride comfort, and all the technology this car has.

Suggested Improvements

AWD

After 3 years, I still love my Q
By bentley

2003 Infiniti Q45 Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I've always wanted a real luxury car, and I finally got what I wanted. I had to wait until March of the following model year, but I bought it new. I have never had one issue with the car since we bought it 3 years ago, so I couldn't be happier. We intend to keep this car from 10 to 20 years, so we hope our good fortune continues.

Favorite Features

Beautiful interior, lots of power, excellent handling at speed and very quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Easier to use dashboard controls.

The Best V8
By devinkw

2003 Infiniti Q45 Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful car with so much horsepower it is unreal excellent 0 to 60 time and good quarter of a mile time to. I taken this car to the track and it blew away almost every car out there I love it.

Favorite Features

V8's 340 horsepower

Suggested Improvements

More Power you can never Have enough

5th q & the best
By Tony

2003 Infiniti Q45 Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 5TH Q, they've all been great cars but this one is incredible. I have the premium model with every option available & I truly love to drive it. We drive to hilton head twice a year & I won't let my wife share the driving even tho it's about a 13 hour trip. I usually have the car svc'd at key infiniti of hilton head & they can't seem to do enough to keep me happy. Forget the s-benz or the 740 bimmer, buy a Q, you'll fall in love

Favorite Features

power, comfort, handling,reliability

Suggested Improvements

none

Solid Car
By Tom Reynolds

2003 Infiniti Q45 Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

My Q-45 is one solid, reliable car. In 16000 mostly city miles I have averaged 17.8MPG. Those miles I have driven with outstanding performance and fantastic comfort. This is my 3rd Infinity Q-45 and the number of repairs required for them is ZERO. In comparison, my friends S class has had numerous electrical problems, my family's Lexus' several small problems and my BMW Z-3 a disaster. The car does not have the dingleberries of more expensive cars but, as a car, is superior IMHO

Well executed and unique
By J. Duensing

2003 Infiniti Q45 Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

On year end clearance pricing, this car represented great value for the money, far exceeding the value equation for the Mercedes E series, BMW 5 series or Lexus LS400. The car is powerful, refined, very comfortable inside and has many features not offered as standard on the competitive models (halogen headlights, voice recognition, 340 HP engine). My car also came equipped with a Sirius satellite radio package which has been great. I realize the resale is not as good on the Q45 vs. competitive models, but if you can get an agressively priced lease deal from Inifiniti Financial Services, the residual risk and resale value is not a concern.

Favorite Features

Engine torque and power, interior size and comfort, satellite radio package.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the sound system quality; speakers are too "trebley" sounding and need improvement and refinement. The audio and climate contol system layout needs rethinking/redsign. The complexity involved serves no purpose.

Just Outstanding
By phil baatz

2003 Infiniti Q45 Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I owned the car for 2 years and I never had such an enjoyable automobile. The service department at Infiniti has been just outstanding, it has been a better experience then Lexus. Cannot say enough good things about the car. Find one used and it will be the best buy you ever had in car ownership.