Used 2003 Infiniti Q45 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Infiniti Q45 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:

Bullet Proof Reliability - Incredible Performance
By readmore

2003 Infiniti Q45 Premium 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

What we want in a car is a little like the work we what from our car mechanic, i.e. - Fast & Cheap & Good. The trouble is... you only get to pick two because the holy trinity of all three is as elusive as a Powerball Jackpot. So what most of us look for in a car is a balance between the car world's current holy trinity of Performance & Reliability & Fuel Economy. I believe that this is exactly what F50 Q owners have done. These cars are unbelievably well put together and their performance (esp. if the car is equipped with the Sport package) is enough to make most full sized BMW owners wish weren't so pretentious. Fuel Economy is the bit that lags at about 17/22 but what a car!!

The best ones to have in the 2002-06 Q45's are equipped with the Premium package. The navigation system is dated but the RearView Monitor, Sport Suspension Mode, Intelligent Cruise Control (lazer guided), Heated & Cooled Front seats and the built in back shades for the back windows are all very useful. This is MID-SIZE car but that handles very well and you can't substitute the exhilaration of raw horsepower (340HP/333lbs-ft Torque)

None. This is the best car Nissan knew how to make 6 years ago and may still be. I'm OK with the fact that they couldn't market the car well because I picked mine up for 1/2 what a Lexus 430 would have cost and they are, at worst, equivalent cars. These cars are simply the best combination of Reliability & Performance in the used sedan market for under $15k.

Best Kept Secret Ever
By benhurr

2003 Infiniti Q45 Premium 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my preowned (one-owner) 2003 Luxury Edition this past August, and got it for peanuts (the sticker on this car when new was $62,750). This is my 3rd Q45. After driving my 1997 Touring edition for over 168,000 miles with no major repairs needed, I was looking for a newer replacement. At the price I paid, I could not pass this car by even though it is 8 years old. This car is amazing and I still can't believe it did not do better from a sales perspective. I've owned Mercedes, BMW's, Acura, & Lexus and none of those cars can match the features, ride, performance and fantastic reliability. In case you can't tell, I love this car.

Power, ( love the muffled roar of the V-8), comfort, unmatched options. Everywhere I go, people ask me what I'm driving and they all love the look of the car. Once inside, our friend just rave about the features, controls and ride.

A more "hard core" sports option on the suspension and omitting the "stick" control on the navigation system would be the only improvements.

Fun to Drive Luxury
By W.Kahrs

2003 Infiniti Q45 Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Best valued luxury car ever. Dealer support is excellent. Have achieved 21 MPG on commutes after learning what works, but expect 17 if you like to experience the 340 hp. This car never fails to impress passengers who comment on the excellent ride. Loves to run at higher speeds

Sophisticated luxury. High tech features from voice activation to adaptive cruise control and lots more.

Transmission and suspension both need a better sport mode - especially the transmission which needs a G35 like programming.

Good Stuff Cheap
By seldomseen

2003 Infiniti Q45 Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought an '03 Q45 in pristine condition. The luxury options on this car are more than generous. The power of the engine is amazing too. It doesn't seem to handle as taut as the 03/04 M45s but it does drive a lot smoother though. This generation Q45 is attractive and comparably equipped as the likes other Asian and Euro vehicles within this "new" price segment.

GPS, dash layout, 340 bhp engine, ride comfort, and all the technology this car has.

AWD

After 3 years, I still love my Q
By bentley

2003 Infiniti Q45 Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I've always wanted a real luxury car, and I finally got what I wanted. I had to wait until March of the following model year, but I bought it new. I have never had one issue with the car since we bought it 3 years ago, so I couldn't be happier. We intend to keep this car from 10 to 20 years, so we hope our good fortune continues.

Beautiful interior, lots of power, excellent handling at speed and very quiet.

Easier to use dashboard controls.