2002 Infiniti Q45 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 5-speed Automatic - (43 reviews )
265,000 miles
By q45owner on 07/28/12 12:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this car (Sport) since 9-2005 when I bought it from the first owner w/ 40k on it. It has been very reliable car to own. It handles well and has great accelertation. At 265k there are no rattles and the car rides very quite. The V8 does burn oil. But it is the same since I got it. This is a common issue w/ these cars.

Not impressed
By crispybee on 11/16/11 15:19 PM (PST)

2002 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

No doubt this is a comfortable ride, but the joy stops there. Maintenance is a wallet-draining nightmare, and with the price of (premium only!) gas these days, along with a dismal 16 mpg fuel efficiency, this car is a waste of money. The high-powered headlights are great until one needs to be replaced (at a premium price, of course). This car spent almost as much time in the shop as it did in my driveway. The paint and body are ridiculously fragile. I traded mine in for a Subaru. I only wish I would have done it sooner.

Satisfying but pricey
By atifali460 on 03/29/11 21:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

The power is great, but it drinks up gas as well. In the winter, with only city driving, I'm getting only 10.3 mpg-summer time it goes back up to 17. I love the comfort, and the V8 engine is absolutely silent. Maintainance is pretty expensive as well with even the smallest of problems. Just bought new tires for $900. This car is ultimate luxury for the price your paying. The car is heavy, but the power it's backed up with makes up for it. Personally, I love the car, but the maintainance is getting a bit too pricey for me.

Very Good Car
By Erik on 08/14/10 19:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent, quiet ride with lots of technology (backup camera, sport setting, etc.). You can buy these used for very cheap now, and the quality is excellent. The only issue I've had is oil burnoff (no leaks, etc. - oil consumption is high for some reason). But I haven't had any breakdowns and the car has been bullet-proof. I get 21 MPG (70% highway), which isn't bad for a car this big with so much power.

An update for 2009
By Dr. Craig Merrell on 11/12/09 00:33 AM (PST)

2002 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Car has now been flat-bedded for repairs 3 times, am on 4th battery ("Infiniti" batteries are made in Mexico and last me 1-2 years.), entire left side of exhaust--engine to tailpipe--had to be replaced, one entire HID assembly replaced at less than one year, all 4 pressure gauges needed replacement, body shop did poor work and failed to cover all new paint with clear-coat, console cup holder lid requires solid thump to open, glovebox- -with 6-disc changer--has very little room, paint scratches if you look at it cross-eyed, crazing developing in f/r bumper fasciae, transmission still hesitates too much on downshifts, cruise "On" light "assembly" burned out--over $300 (Skipped it.).

Mystery Drain
By taf on 02/03/09 14:40 PM (PST)

2002 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Great car. Owned in for 5 years with no plans to sell or trade in.

Good value for your money
By Q45 owner on 09/19/08 01:14 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for more than 3 years and the biggest problem I've had is that it is too big and too long for me to move in tight parking lots. Otherwise the car is very reliable and comfortable, with ample power.

Q2
By happy infiniti owner on 12/04/06 20:13 PM (PST)

2002 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

The absolute best high end automobile I have ever owned (big MB's, Beamers, Cad). A dream to drive. Like all dealers - they milk the system excessively - but the quality of the car makes it worth the BS.

A super big car!
By F T Riekhof on 10/30/06 08:45 AM (PST)

2002 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

It is the most enjoyable big car I have owned, particularly on the open highway. Engine is excellent with great pickup at almost all speeds. Braking very good but perhaps not great. Repairs have been minimal. Tires are very expensive - >$250 each. Interior comfort excellent, both front and back. Navigation system works well but is a bit of a pain to program. I would buy another one, but not at new prices.

What a car
By huskerguy on 06/08/06 13:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Fast, Fast & comfortable-no problems did not get nav system-too hard for me.Clock hard to read--Drives well at speed near & over 100. Tested one at my nearest dealer, but he could not locate a millenium jade. Bought from a dealer who could get my color. I must be careful to check tach to see if engine is running-so quiet & vibration free. Wife loves to drive it also. Original tires have 1/3+ tread after 49K miles.

1 2 3 4 5 next »