Used 2001 Infiniti Q45 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Infiniti Q45 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:

Vintage Classic
By daross1

2001 Infiniti Q45 Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.1L 8cyl 4A)

The last of these cars were built in 2000 even though they have the 2001 year. Very few made as they were a very unloved car. The design from 97-01 was derided by many. I will admit it is not exactly stylish. But it is comfortable, reliable (after a few expensive fixes to a vintage luxury car notably the shocks) and is fun to drive. It is safe (I was rearended in a 98 q45 and it was totaled, but I thought it was minor damage right away) and you will win in an accident. The engine and transmission will last forever, but you will replace the injectors and coils in the around 180K for sure. Like all cars, a few little things occur in the 200K plus range, not nothing major.

Very few of these cars exist anymore. I can easily find my mint condition 2001 in the parking lot. Even though I drive 30K/year, I expect to be able my car until it hits the golden age. Ok, it only had 92K at 13 years old, but I think I will go until 300K (124K on it now). No, I don't think it to be a classic and if it does have any major trouble (which I doubt), I will dispose of it properly. But I think I will have quite a few years left driving a very nice car. I like the fact that I rarely see others in this car, and less everyday. I have at least 5 years left if someone doesn't rear end me.

This is non issue when you are buying a 15 year old car. To get it to like new condition it will take a little (names 2K for new shocks at this point), but it is a great reliable car that you should be happy with. It was built well!

Love my ride.
By acornsx2

2001 Infiniti Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan (4.1L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car. Love the quality, love the ride and it's fun to drive. You can't go wrong with this car.

V8 comfort and handling

Infiniti '01
By J. D. Standeffer

2001 Infiniti Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan (4.1L 8cyl 4A)

This car has tremendous power and handling. I did find the navigation system did not have newer roads on it, but it is generally accurate within 100 feet and many times within 10 feet. I have a bad back, and yet I find the seats to be comfortable. There are more features than most newer luxury vehicles. Fun to drive.

The rear camera is my favorite feature. It is great for parking. The navigation system is also very useful.

The map in the navigation system needs to be updated for new roads.

This car is gorgeous
By Ladybug

2001 Infiniti Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan (4.1L 8cyl 4A)

My Q45t is absolutely awesome. It's not only a classy car to drive but the road performance and gas mileage are unbelievable for a full size luxury car. We have not had one single problem with it, unlike the problems that we have heard about with the G35. I don't understand why Infiniti changed the body style. The 2001 is so much better looking, in my opinion.

My favorite features are the sunroof and the shade that goes up and down in the back window. It has awesome acceleration as well.

Why did Infiniti mess with a good thing to begin with? I love this car!

Great Car
By tallman

2001 Infiniti Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan (4.1L 8cyl 4A)

Buying the Q since 1992 - each version is better than the last - minor suspension problem in this car - bottomed out going over dips in road, even in sport setting. Had to replace 2 splash guards. Springs had to be tightened.

quiet ride and interior - sound system - road feel