Used 1999 Infiniti Q45 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:

good ride!
By Big Baby

1999 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

Got used Q with only 59000 miles. I always wanted this body style like the 97 and 98, but getting a 99 with low miles and priced at $15K, well I was sold. Not disappointed in the car after 5 months. Smooth, quiet, (test drove the Q45T and it was very noisy and not a good ride). The standard Q is for me, an old dude.

Favorite Features

Ride, quiet, leather is top notch, everything works!

Suggested Improvements

Doors are tinny, and close by themselves, especially on up grades- BE CAREFULL or you'll pinch your shins! Tranny upshifts poorly when cold (nice to see that other posts say these things so I don't think something is wrong with my Q- thanks Edmunds!)

Fine Wine
By jfbadams

1999 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

Purchased my Q45 with 14,000 miles on it & now have 117,000 miles. My Q drives as well today as when I bought it. This car has better sex appeal today than when it was first introduced. It has a very sleek appearance for a relatively large sedan. It has been mine and my kids favorite car to ride in. I havn't had any major problems than normal maintenance. It is a joy to drive after driving other vehicles, you realize what a great car it is.

Favorite Features

It's classy interior and very smooth ride. Has ample power when you need it, especially on the highways.I enjoy the sound system and love the rear shade. It is a luxury car.

Suggested Improvements

The wind noise coming from the side windows needs improvement for a more quiet ride. I also put on a little wider 16" tires. This help to fill up the wheel wells and give the car a more bossier appearance.

The Infinity Wonder the Q45
By Q45 Lover

1999 Infiniti Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan

I have owned several luxury automobiles over the years and the Q45 is one of the most beautiful of them all. Only the Jaguar line comes even close. This car has been an absolute joy to drive and own.

Favorite Features

The excellent leather, beautiful wood trim and the outstanding sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Just a bit more leg room in the back would be excellent.

I've had it from the beginning
By Steve_B

1999 Infiniti Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan

Great car-quiet, smooth, and powerful. Buttery leather seats, but they could have more side support. Feel safe in this big car. Excellent traction control system, never a problem (with Blizzak tires on all four) in New Hampshire winters.

Favorite Features

Silky, smooth engine--powerful, clear sound system. Rear shade is a hit with the kids.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission when cold shifts ackwardly--it hesitates before each upshift. Small trunk. Gas mileage is poor.

Best Car I have had
By AlexG

1999 Infiniti Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan

Heads turn, the car is sleek, its got get up and go, it will out handle the german luxury cars and it is not a Lexus... The electronic suspension, Bose stereo, the quiet ride and the comfort make this a great car. We run the car all day on the freeway and local streets for business. Never in the shop for breakdowns, do the standard maintenance and you are good to go

Favorite Features

Taking off ramps at 2X the posted limit