1999 Infiniti Q45 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:
1999 Infiniti Q45
By INFINITY Q45 SEDAN on 04/03/07 21:28 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

Since I purchased the Q45 several years ago all service work has been done in a timely manner.The finish has held up beautifully since I keep it polished. This is a sweet 4 door sedan which competes with the Lexus LS 430 but costs thousands less!

A great car let down by small issues
By infinitiguy on 10/17/06 22:57 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

My 99 Q45 is my 2nd. Previously owned a 93 Q45. Both Q's are wonderful cars and a joy to drive. My BIG problem with owning these cars is 1) extremely high rate of depreciation 2) VERY expensive maintenance and repairs - major service intervals approach $1000. My 99 Q has issues with warped brake rotors, driveline vibratons, steering shudder that return after being "fixed". Sensors go bad on the car and it costs $$$$ to replace. Example: O2 sensor (this car has 4), fixed one for $365. Knock sensor (one of 2) requires COMPLETE intake removal @ $1000. Turbine sensor leak cost $2300 to fix. It never ends. I agree with all the other reviews on this car, but 1 have had 2 Q's that cost $$$$ to keep

Best bang for the buck
By Qguy on 08/13/06 07:14 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan

Every bit the car and more than the Lexus LS series but almost half the cost used. I never understood how Infiniti botched this market share, it certainly is not due to quality. This is my 2nd Q. The last one had 110k miles before anything major started to appear.

Love It
By Ginstar on 01/27/06 13:20 PM (PST)

1999 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I've had this car a number of years now and I'll never buy another brand of luxury vehicle again. Aside from regular maintenance my car has never had to have any major repairs. Build quality is excellent. Design inside and out is classic and it's one that will never go out of style.

a winner
By pdover on 09/28/05 15:34 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan

had this car a little over a month and is one of the nicest cars ive owned. has about 76,000 on it and rides like new. had a 99 maxima se and still also own a 95 g20t and has 220000 miles. these nissans wont die. hope i have the same luck with the Q.

Awesome Ride
By Robertp on 09/21/05 16:48 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought this private owner. I was worried about the V8s gas mileage but not bad if you keep your foot off the floor. Most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven or rode in. I am in sales and LOVE to take clients in this awesome ride!

My unbreakable Q
By Carlover on 09/08/05 23:31 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because I was an outside salesman at the time and wanted a car that would be very reliable. I have put more than 110K miles on the car and have had a major accident that resulted in $13,000 in repairs. It still rides as quietly and smoothly as a new car without any shakes or rattles. I'd like a newer car but when this one is all cleaned up and given the fact that it does not break it is really hard to justify another purchase. I did have to change the wheels to get rid of road noise and it could use a much larger trunk.

Best Value Luxury Vehicle!
By SKY on 08/11/05 01:52 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I am on my 3rd Q45 and it's one of the most reliable luxury cars you can get for the price. Just make sure you maintain the vehicle properly and it won't give you issues. Bought the car almost 2 years ago with 43K on it and now has 77K. The engine can use a bit more horses, but once on the hiway it'll outrun most cars. My mechanic is a personal friend and he tells me the car is in great shape everytime I take it in for him to service. This is one of the best cars for the price you pay folks!!

Solid state luxury at its finest
By jere H on 05/28/05 01:50 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

The Q45 is in a class by itself for above Lincoln or Lexus. From the moment you close the door the tight solid sounds tells you that this car is "solid". As for the interior the leather is the truly the finest I've seen in a car. The suspension and the comfort of the seats give a flawless ride on the roughest of roads. The Bose sound and extreme quietness of the engine and no road noise make this car one of the best luxuries I've ever owned. It's an Infiniti and the Q45 tops them all!

A new Level of comfort
By Tabby Cat on 01/02/05 12:49 PM (PST)

1999 Infiniti Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with only 39520 miles in 04 and only had to replace the tires because of road noise. This car does lack power but I found the ride makes up for it. The previous owner had it maintained at the dealer. I drove suvs and trucks before but I now like cars when it comes to highway and street driving. I am considering a new Q45 only becuase of the stronger engine... if only someone could install the 4.5 liter in my old Q45T then I would keep it.