Used 1998 Infiniti Q45 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:

The Jewel of Jewels
By Ed

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I bought my Q45 10 years ago and it now has 188,000 miles on it. I am amazed at the reliability of this vehicle. It is far and away the best car I've ever owned. It still runs perfectly- like new today. I keep waiting for something major to go wrong so I can justify trading it in but it continues to run and operate perfectly. It handles well, is very comfortable, powerful and quiet. The only item that ever failed was the alternator at 125,000 miles. I just need to tell the world that this car is the UNBELIEVABLY reliable. I am finally considering trading it in only because I've had it for 10 years and I want something different. I'm sure I'll be disappointed with it's replacement. Its a 10!

Favorite Features

I can rest my elbow on the console and operate the radio, controls and shifter. I also like the Bose stereo and the memory seat and retracting steering wheel. The ride is smooth, acceleration is strong and handling is good. My favorite feature is the unbelievable reliability! It is a jewel!

Suggested Improvements

I don't like have to push a button on the dash to turn on cruise control.

Sweet
By Gegose

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

Just bought my brother-in-law's Infiniti after watching him enjoy it for 10 years. Love driving it. Love the interior feel, the sturdiness of the car, the immaculate condition. Love the feeling of luxury. Looking forward to keeping it another 10 years.

Favorite Features

Interior wood, sound. Smooth Ride. Gold color. Silent interior. Brand. Roomy. Leather quality. Visibility is just right.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, no sound controls on the steering wheel, fuel efficiency, trunk is small.

Still impressed
By fivelights

1998 Infiniti Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan

Now I'm up to about 175,000 miles. Check engine light is on which is emissions. Air bag light came on, which means one of the 6 airbags is malfunctioning. Other than this, my car has always been able to run without any problems. Never broke down on side of the road. Last week the dash board lit up like a Xmas tree. I sat on the car for 3 months afraid of the cost to take it it. Well I drove it to the shop and it was just the alt belt that snapped. 100 bucks. Outside of brakes rotors battery and oil change. This is the only repair that I had to make in the 5 +years of ownership. Even then I was still able to drive the car.

Favorite Features

Sound system. Smoothest ride ever. Driver comfort.

Suggested Improvements

BIGGER TRUNK. This car is bigger than my SUV, but its all engine. Not a whole lot of back seat space or trunk space. Trunk deep but very small

The Best
By Gretchen911

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I had never even been in one, but I am thrilled with my car. Needed something after having a wreck in my Subaru Forrester that we bought new. This car is just about the most comfortable and fun car I have ever driven. I told my husband I feel like a queen. It may be used, but it was immaculate when we bought it, and it is fabulous. We had it evaluated by a mechanic, and he was highly impressed with the condition. If you need a used car and get a chance, buy one!

Favorite Features

Feel of luxury. Comfort. Control.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.

As good as my Lexus
By Dan

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

The only problem I have ever had with this car was with the differential. They fixed that under warranty, I couldn't be more pleased with car.