1998 Infiniti Q45 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:
Forced Retirement
By daross1 on 12/09/13 19:12 PM (PST)

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

Just had to retire my 1998 Q45 due to being rearended and totalled. Car had 232000 on it and was overall very reliable. Not a single problem until 155,000 Miles. Fuel Injectors, Coils, and just age were starting to cause more problems, but I think it would have gone to 300,000 if not for accident. Overall, fun to drive, reliable, and excellent value as cost to own is only a little expensive with gas costs. But it proved to be safe as I hardly felt the hit from behind and he was going about 35 miles an hour.

Best sleeper car ever made
By gfarrell1 on 08/03/13 16:05 PM (PDT)

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

Now that I'm at the point of retiring from Q45s it is safe for me to say that this is one of the best vehicles ever made. You can get them for 4k with 90k miles in 100% condition from an 80 year old doctor, then drive the crap out of them. We have bmw's but I take the q45 when it's highway time. A really great vehicle and the ultimate sleeper.

Best Car ever made
By Eddie on 07/30/10 16:28 PM (PDT)

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I have had my Infiniti Q45 for 10 years. It has 190,000 miles on it and the only thing that has ever been wrong (other than standard maintenance) on it is the alternator at 135,000 miles. It is simply an amazing vehicle and is a VERY underrated vehicle. I finally bought a new Nissan this year but gave the Q45 to my 16 yr old daughter. After 4 months, I want my Q45 back! Best car Ever!

Superb Ride
By Superb on 05/28/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I must confess that I was a HUGE Lexus fan and have owned the LS 400 and GS 400. Unfortunately I totaled my GS and we didn't want a car note, and couldn't find another GS that matched our price point. So, my husband bought the '98 Q for me and told me that I would not be disappointed. Well, how sweet it is! What a beautiful ride and it moves quickly when I need it to. A whole lot of power and luxury for very little cost. It is definitely an under rated vehicle. After owning Lexus V8s, this Q can role just as hard, if not harder! Oh and I forgot to mentioned that it currently has 138,000 miles on it.

The Jewel of Jewels
By Ed on 03/16/10 16:32 PM (PDT)

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I bought my Q45 10 years ago and it now has 188,000 miles on it. I am amazed at the reliability of this vehicle. It is far and away the best car I've ever owned. It still runs perfectly- like new today. I keep waiting for something major to go wrong so I can justify trading it in but it continues to run and operate perfectly. It handles well, is very comfortable, powerful and quiet. The only item that ever failed was the alternator at 125,000 miles. I just need to tell the world that this car is the UNBELIEVABLY reliable. I am finally considering trading it in only because I've had it for 10 years and I want something different. I'm sure I'll be disappointed with it's replacement. Its a 10!

Sweet
By Gegose on 05/15/09 13:18 PM (PDT)

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

Just bought my brother-in-law's Infiniti after watching him enjoy it for 10 years. Love driving it. Love the interior feel, the sturdiness of the car, the immaculate condition. Love the feeling of luxury. Looking forward to keeping it another 10 years.

Still impressed
By fivelights on 03/16/09 10:04 AM (PDT)

1998 Infiniti Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan

Now I'm up to about 175,000 miles. Check engine light is on which is emissions. Air bag light came on, which means one of the 6 airbags is malfunctioning. Other than this, my car has always been able to run without any problems. Never broke down on side of the road. Last week the dash board lit up like a Xmas tree. I sat on the car for 3 months afraid of the cost to take it it. Well I drove it to the shop and it was just the alt belt that snapped. 100 bucks. Outside of brakes rotors battery and oil change. This is the only repair that I had to make in the 5 +years of ownership. Even then I was still able to drive the car.

The Best
By Gretchen911 on 02/16/09 19:29 PM (PST)

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I had never even been in one, but I am thrilled with my car. Needed something after having a wreck in my Subaru Forrester that we bought new. This car is just about the most comfortable and fun car I have ever driven. I told my husband I feel like a queen. It may be used, but it was immaculate when we bought it, and it is fabulous. We had it evaluated by a mechanic, and he was highly impressed with the condition. If you need a used car and get a chance, buy one!

As good as my Lexus
By Dan on 04/03/07 15:44 PM (PDT)

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

The only problem I have ever had with this car was with the differential. They fixed that under warranty, I couldn't be more pleased with car.

Best Car Ever!!!!!!
By Drillsgt on 08/18/05 08:58 AM (PDT)

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

Infiniti is one of the most under rated vehicles. My Q45 has 80,000 miles and not a single problem. Excellent luxury and performance. I got a great price on it, far below actual value. It is a great car I would recommend it to anyone that wants a great car at a great price!!