Used 1998 Infiniti Q45 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Infiniti Q45 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:

There's not a better car I've owned...
By hypocorism

1998 Infiniti Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought a 98' for cheap at 72K. Needed a bit, but after valve cover gaskets, belts, battery, oil, air filter, it was ready to go. It sat for years under previous ownership. When I purchased, it had the original belts on it still. A testament to Nissan/Infiniti build quality. It doesn't do bad MPG-wise either. It goes when you need it to. Despite the size, it goes around corners, and stops quickly if need be. And it is comfortable! Expect 19 for city driving. A mix, you'll get 22 if you drive easily. Highway, right around 24 for me; way higher than the EPA estimate. For the money, you could get a Lexus LS400, but it looks worse, and it just isn't as nice. (I have a buddy who has one.)

- power tilt & telescope steering wheel - leather and heated seats - auto headlights - 6 cd changer, and 1 in-dash cd

Don't use 4 serpentine belts! Can you say, "overengineering?" Try 1, and an automatic tensioner.

Forced Retirement
By daross1

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

Just had to retire my 1998 Q45 due to being rearended and totalled. Car had 232000 on it and was overall very reliable. Not a single problem until 155,000 Miles. Fuel Injectors, Coils, and just age were starting to cause more problems, but I think it would have gone to 300,000 if not for accident. Overall, fun to drive, reliable, and excellent value as cost to own is only a little expensive with gas costs. But it proved to be safe as I hardly felt the hit from behind and he was going about 35 miles an hour.

Comfortable, driveability. Just a solid car. Maybe it is just me, but I liked driving this car better than the Lexus LS430, BMW's, and certainly Mercedes. Also. just bought a 2001 Q45 as a replacement!

I'm sure you could improve it, but not much!

Best sleeper car ever made
By gfarrell1

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

Now that I'm at the point of retiring from Q45s it is safe for me to say that this is one of the best vehicles ever made. You can get them for 4k with 90k miles in 100% condition from an 80 year old doctor, then drive the crap out of them. We have bmw's but I take the q45 when it's highway time. A really great vehicle and the ultimate sleeper.

Best Car ever made
By Eddie

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I have had my Infiniti Q45 for 10 years. It has 190,000 miles on it and the only thing that has ever been wrong (other than standard maintenance) on it is the alternator at 135,000 miles. It is simply an amazing vehicle and is a VERY underrated vehicle. I finally bought a new Nissan this year but gave the Q45 to my 16 yr old daughter. After 4 months, I want my Q45 back! Best car Ever!

Reliable V8 Engine.

None

Superb Ride
By Superb

1998 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I must confess that I was a HUGE Lexus fan and have owned the LS 400 and GS 400. Unfortunately I totaled my GS and we didn't want a car note, and couldn't find another GS that matched our price point. So, my husband bought the '98 Q for me and told me that I would not be disappointed. Well, how sweet it is! What a beautiful ride and it moves quickly when I need it to. A whole lot of power and luxury for very little cost. It is definitely an under rated vehicle. After owning Lexus V8s, this Q can role just as hard, if not harder! Oh and I forgot to mentioned that it currently has 138,000 miles on it.

The acceleration, the silky ride and overall comfort.

Minimize the wind noise. The moonroof is nice, but I miss not having a sunroof.