1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan Consumer Reviews

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:
I LOVE my 1997 Q45!
By inifares23 on 03/16/11 18:09 PM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

I have owned my 1997 Q45 for a year now. I bought it, one owner, from a meticulous person who took awesome care of it and it was garage kept. It's the pearl color with beige leather interior. I have tinted glass and 156,000 miles on it. Other then normal maintenance wear and tear, there have been no problems with this car. It's powerful, fun to drive and I get looks at every corner. I LOVE this car. I drive it locally around my town, but it could easily make it across country if I wanted. My car has near mint paint and interior is flawless. I keep the car in pristine condition and have maintained it with an obsessive mindset.

The Best Car I have ever Owned!
By Roger Lewis on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

I've owned this 1997 Q45t for over 10 years and except for normal wear items, tires, brakes, etc. it has not cost me a think to maintain. I just had it at the Dealership to have one of the Exhaust System shields removed because it had come loose, no charge and the service manager said they had customers with the 1997 Q45 with 300,000 miles on them. I have 130,000 and it still drives like new. My other cars for 40 years have always been Corvettes, but I enjoy driving my Q45t. When I bring my Q45t in for service I always get a free loaner, a new G37 which is also fun to drive, but I'm always happy to get my Q back.

Ignition Coil Problem or not?
By Jeff on 06/16/10 02:22 AM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

Have driven my Q45 for 6 years without any problems. Last January, it started misfiring while idling in gear. I have had it to 3 different shops and replaced plugs with iridium plugs and a couple of ignition coils #4 & 2. I am still having the same problem after all of this work.

11 yrs old and 170K miles, runs great..
By Phal on 08/04/08 16:14 PM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

Hope this helps with those questioning Infiniti Q45 reliability. I have owned this for 8+yrs now, the odometer reads 170K miles. The only parts needed replacement were alternator ($300) and an ABS relay ($25). All else are running flawlessly and my mileage is between 18-21 mpg (within specs). Can't be happier - I hope I can run this for another 5+yrs. Maintenance is simple: Flush all fluids (AT, PS, brake, differential, coolant) every 2 years - doesn't matter mileage or usage. Your vehicle will remain gold. No need to do 30k/60k etc, which are primarily inspection-only.

Simply Fantastic
By Chiadrum on 11/02/06 13:04 PM (PST)

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this outstanding vehicle nearly a year ago and have enjoyed quiet, trouble free, luxurious motoring ever since.The car is great on long trips up to see mom-a 5 hour drive-not a problem in the Q. Set the cruise control and pack your cd's for the premium Bose stereo and your off! The powertrain of the Q is incredibly smooth,quiet and efficient. I've driven my dad's S-class Mercedes and detect no discernable difference. The Q actually handles very well for a large sedan also. The best part of the deal was the price-I purchased my black 97' in pristine condition for 9500$! Unfortunately, I wasted money on the 4- year extended warranty-not necessary,but I was terrified after owning a caddy sts.

Infiniti Q45---THE BEST!!!
By Steve on 07/11/06 13:53 PM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

The name "Infiniti" says it all: they last forever and hold up for infinity! This is the best pre-owned car I have ever had over the past 40 years. It looks & drives like a new car with many advanced(for 1997) luxury features that make it a pleasure to drive on long and short trips. These are "stealth" sports cars designed to look like pure luxury cars...it gets down the road fast and handles like a sports cars while maintaining the look and feel of a luxury sedan...I love my Q45 and suggest that everyone try one of these fine cars, that is, if you can find one, they're scarce & their owners seem to hold onto them forever---which I can now understand!

best car ever
By slimjim68 on 05/05/06 17:35 PM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

Ive had it for over a year. Zero problems. Without Question the best car I've ever owned. Love every aspect of it except the trunk.

Excellent Luxury Sedan
By RN on 11/24/05 07:21 AM (PST)

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

Great Car - A little dowdy in styling but powerful, reliable and extraordinarily well-built. 9 years on and it still drives like a brand new car.

luxurious comfort
By Cliff DeMeritt on 10/21/05 08:36 AM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

Luxury beyond belief, with all the performance one could expect from a heavy touring vehicle. Smooth as glass on the highway, easy to drive, chock full of extras, lacking only heated seats and exterior rear-view mirrors. Parts are ridiculously expensive - affordable only by those who can afford the $55K sticker price! But service, although expensive, has been first class - always a free loaner, too. Requires premium fuel, but I've consistenly used regular with no problems. At 170K miles, still strong as new, but has been costly to replace the usual wear- and age-related parts.

Excellence
By Lee Mezzulo on 09/08/05 05:20 AM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

My Q45 is outstanding. I love the vehicle without question. The enginering is awesome. I feel my car is the absolute best.