Used 1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:

1997 Q45. Best car I've ever owned
By Scoyy

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Well I've waited over five years to post this review. I purchased this car with the intent of just "flipping" it. I work as a car salesman and new the value of the car when my customer traded it in. At the time fuel was about $3.85 a gallon and I drove a 4WD SUV and I commuted 60+ miles per day. I started driving the Q45 for a few weeks just waiting to get my tags in the mail so I could sell it for a profit. Instead, I fell in life ve with the car and sold my SUV that was several years newer. I purchased the Q45 when it had 140k on it. It currently has over $225k (quarter of a million miles) and the only repairs I have had to do on the car is the power steering pump and a new radiator outside of regular maintenance like brakes, alternator, etc... The comfort is second to none, even with today's cars. It rides like you are on clouds. It also handles great on the highway and city. I live in Kansas and still take it on trips to Texas and the mountains of new Mexico. Very solid car and definitely the best car I've ever owned

I LOVE my 1997 Q45!
By inifares23

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

I have owned my 1997 Q45 for a year now. I bought it, one owner, from a meticulous person who took awesome care of it and it was garage kept. It's the pearl color with beige leather interior. I have tinted glass and 156,000 miles on it. Other then normal maintenance wear and tear, there have been no problems with this car. It's powerful, fun to drive and I get looks at every corner. I LOVE this car. I drive it locally around my town, but it could easily make it across country if I wanted. My car has near mint paint and interior is flawless. I keep the car in pristine condition and have maintained it with an obsessive mindset.

Plush leather interior. The comfort of the ride.

The Best Car I have ever Owned!
By Roger Lewis

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

I've owned this 1997 Q45t for over 10 years and except for normal wear items, tires, brakes, etc. it has not cost me a think to maintain. I just had it at the Dealership to have one of the Exhaust System shields removed because it had come loose, no charge and the service manager said they had customers with the 1997 Q45 with 300,000 miles on them. I have 130,000 and it still drives like new. My other cars for 40 years have always been Corvettes, but I enjoy driving my Q45t. When I bring my Q45t in for service I always get a free loaner, a new G37 which is also fun to drive, but I'm always happy to get my Q back.

The way it drives and handles. Drives like a sports car in a luxury car body. Great Sound System! I've gotten as high as 25 MPG on the highway, usually 16 around town and I have a heavy foot. Dealer service is a 10+ always.

Ignition Coil Problem or not?
By Jeff

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

Have driven my Q45 for 6 years without any problems. Last January, it started misfiring while idling in gear. I have had it to 3 different shops and replaced plugs with iridium plugs and a couple of ignition coils #4 & 2. I am still having the same problem after all of this work.

room and ride

none

11 yrs old and 170K miles, runs great..
By Phal

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

Hope this helps with those questioning Infiniti Q45 reliability. I have owned this for 8+yrs now, the odometer reads 170K miles. The only parts needed replacement were alternator ($300) and an ABS relay ($25). All else are running flawlessly and my mileage is between 18-21 mpg (within specs). Can't be happier - I hope I can run this for another 5+yrs. Maintenance is simple: Flush all fluids (AT, PS, brake, differential, coolant) every 2 years - doesn't matter mileage or usage. Your vehicle will remain gold. No need to do 30k/60k etc, which are primarily inspection-only.

reliability