Used 1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:

I LOVE my 1997 Q45!
By inifares23

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

I have owned my 1997 Q45 for a year now. I bought it, one owner, from a meticulous person who took awesome care of it and it was garage kept. It's the pearl color with beige leather interior. I have tinted glass and 156,000 miles on it. Other then normal maintenance wear and tear, there have been no problems with this car. It's powerful, fun to drive and I get looks at every corner. I LOVE this car. I drive it locally around my town, but it could easily make it across country if I wanted. My car has near mint paint and interior is flawless. I keep the car in pristine condition and have maintained it with an obsessive mindset.

Favorite Features

Plush leather interior. The comfort of the ride.

The Best Car I have ever Owned!
By Roger Lewis

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

I've owned this 1997 Q45t for over 10 years and except for normal wear items, tires, brakes, etc. it has not cost me a think to maintain. I just had it at the Dealership to have one of the Exhaust System shields removed because it had come loose, no charge and the service manager said they had customers with the 1997 Q45 with 300,000 miles on them. I have 130,000 and it still drives like new. My other cars for 40 years have always been Corvettes, but I enjoy driving my Q45t. When I bring my Q45t in for service I always get a free loaner, a new G37 which is also fun to drive, but I'm always happy to get my Q back.

Favorite Features

The way it drives and handles. Drives like a sports car in a luxury car body. Great Sound System! I've gotten as high as 25 MPG on the highway, usually 16 around town and I have a heavy foot. Dealer service is a 10+ always.

Ignition Coil Problem or not?
By Jeff

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

Have driven my Q45 for 6 years without any problems. Last January, it started misfiring while idling in gear. I have had it to 3 different shops and replaced plugs with iridium plugs and a couple of ignition coils #4 & 2. I am still having the same problem after all of this work.

Favorite Features

room and ride

Suggested Improvements

none

11 yrs old and 170K miles, runs great..
By Phal

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

Hope this helps with those questioning Infiniti Q45 reliability. I have owned this for 8+yrs now, the odometer reads 170K miles. The only parts needed replacement were alternator ($300) and an ABS relay ($25). All else are running flawlessly and my mileage is between 18-21 mpg (within specs). Can't be happier - I hope I can run this for another 5+yrs. Maintenance is simple: Flush all fluids (AT, PS, brake, differential, coolant) every 2 years - doesn't matter mileage or usage. Your vehicle will remain gold. No need to do 30k/60k etc, which are primarily inspection-only.

Favorite Features

reliability

Suggested Improvements

brakes, trunk space

Simply Fantastic
By Chiadrum

1997 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this outstanding vehicle nearly a year ago and have enjoyed quiet, trouble free, luxurious motoring ever since.The car is great on long trips up to see mom-a 5 hour drive-not a problem in the Q. Set the cruise control and pack your cd's for the premium Bose stereo and your off! The powertrain of the Q is incredibly smooth,quiet and efficient. I've driven my dad's S-class Mercedes and detect no discernable difference. The Q actually handles very well for a large sedan also. The best part of the deal was the price-I purchased my black 97' in pristine condition for 9500$! Unfortunately, I wasted money on the 4- year extended warranty-not necessary,but I was terrified after owning a caddy sts.

Favorite Features

Silky smooth ride and drivetrain. Bose stereo,luxury features.

Suggested Improvements

Terrible in the snow,small trunk is a real drawback. Unfortunately,not a Northeast car-I will have to sell and get FWD.