1996 Infiniti Q45 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:
Luxury Mobile
By Matt on 10/08/05 18:36 PM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Overall very good car. Getting on the highway is so smooth and I can get up to 90 and not feel a thing. Very classy car. The negative is the MPG. And with gas prices soaring, putting in the Premium Fuel is costly. Don't try putting in regular or the oxygen sensors will malfunction. I tried. So if you are looking for a very luxurous and affordable car and are 6" or smaller, this car is perfect. JD Power gave it all 5/5 on reliablity and performance.

Underrated Vehicle, Good for me!!!
By Eric on 05/18/05 16:33 PM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle from a guy who had bought a new Q45. That gave me a good indication that he liked the Q. This car performs great on the highway and it has the power to get up and go. The interior is superb and the comfort level is nice. It is a solid vehicle and you can tell it was made with quality. The only downside is that it drinks the high priced gas and it drinks it heavily.

Great Ride
By san_matthew on 04/19/05 18:56 PM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. Very smooth ride. I love all of the features. The interior has to be the best ever made. The arm rests fit perfectly. It is a little slow starting off, but picks up with a bang after the 3rd gear. I have not had any required repairs since I bought it in November. The only downfall would be the mile per gallon. Since it is a V8 it only gets about 17 mpg. I love the car, and it seems like it will last forever. Fun to drive.

Luxury and Power
By Dougc33 on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've got a 1996 Q45 that currently has about 90,000 miles on it, meaning the vehicle has averaged a little over 10,000 miles a year. The car is VERY nice...it's an excellent combination of luxury and power. It's got an excellent, though somewhat "soft" ride, excellent interior room/comfort and, best of all, real get-up-and-go under the hood. With a V8 engine, you can go 0-60 in a snap without so mucha as a second thought. Plus it's been very reliable; other than gas/oil and brakes, the only maintenance done has been the 60K checkup to change belts etc. Definitely the best of all the cars I've owned

Q in the great white north
By TDOT on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Just bought my Q45 a month ago. Already I have to replace the O2 sensor. Also the gear shifter has locked up a cople of times. I have manged to find a way to work around it. Otherwise, this car is great and fun to drive. The cabin warms up quickly enough so that you dont have to idle for too long. Steering is not exactly that of a high performance car but handling at high speeds is quite good considering its size and weight.

Q 45 A great car
By elecann on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from an aution in 1998. It only had 25,000 miles on it and I saved $8,000.00 that dealers sold the cars from the same auction. (I know, as I had the vin # list and compared some of the cars from the same aution at my local Infinity dealer.) It has been a great car. I wouldn't sell it, but we just bought a new Q45 and my husband is not able to drive anymore. Hence, no need for two cars.

Have Owned 1996 Infiniti Q-45 For 7 Yrs.
By abracadabra on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this Infiniti new in Atlanta at the end of the model year, paying $40,000 for car with MSRP of $48,395. The car has been nearly flawless. The paint is still in pristine condition, mechanically the car is 5-star. It's a lot of fun to drive. I wish that traction control had been available in Atlanta because I now live in the Boston area. The dealership situation in Atlanta is far better than it is in Boston. I think I was hosed by the dealer for the cost of the 60k service based on Edmunds' information.

Fabulous 'Q'
By darcyn on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought our 'Q' back in 1998 in great condition with 28K. WOW! What a car! So, if you are looking for a 'Q' new or used, you can't go wrong. The customer service is superb! Especially the loaner cars they give (usually I35's), whenever I need regular maintenance. However, the maintenance costs are a bit pricey. Then again, if you like to be treated with class, sometimes a price comes with that! :) I just cannot say enough positives about my car. At almost 98,000 miles and 4 years later, this baby moves and still sounds like she did the day we bought her! Ahhh!! I hope they NEVER discontinue this model!

Love this car
By mhm on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love my Infiniti. I drive the car for business alot and it continues to amaze me. After turning 100,000 miles last month, the car is as solid and dependable as the day I bought it. I still go to a dealer for scheduled maintenance for convenience and service. I don't care if they charge me a little more. This is the most overlooked luxury sedan on the planet.

Nice car
By Qowner on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car moves! The body style is wonderful. This car is a pleasure to drive if you don't have to park in a tight spot.Great A/C. Cools fast..even in the South!The service has been remarkable, but I do not think that I would spend the $$$ on a Q45 again. I will probably stick with a less expensive Infiniti though. Loaner car when yours is being serviced will keep me in an Infiniti.