1995 Infiniti Q45 Consumer Review: Benchmark for performance & re

1995 Infiniti Q45 - Consumer Review

Benchmark for performance & reliability
By klm76 on

1995 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been almost trouble free in the last 166K miles. The 3 parts that have failed out of warranty are the power steering computer, the Mass airflow sensor and the turbine sensors in the transmission have cost a total of $2800 w/parts and labor. That's great for almost 10 years of use. I have been meticulous with maintenance of this vehicle. The only failure that left me stranded was the failure of the mass airflow sensor. The acceleration, cornering, and braking have been awesome, especially over the period of time I have owned it. The front seats are comfortable, but could use larger side bolsters, contrary to original demographics.

Favorite Features

There's no question one of my favorite items is the reliability of the vehicle. The second most favorite feature is the performance of this heavy vehicle. When equipped with the right tires, this car accelerates, corners, and brakes very well.

Suggested Improvements

The control arms were problematic in the beginig of my ownership. They have since been revised. I have often felt that the suspension is too soft. The car was billed as a luxury/sport sedan when it was first released, but too much emphasis was placed on luxury in the later Q45's.