Used 1993 Infiniti Q45 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:

Best Sport Sedan Period
By XR

1993 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

Enough said. No other sedan can match the quality and performance of the Q45 for under $50k. It really is the quintessential poor man's 7 series BMW. I know; I've owned both.

Favorite Features

Great Engine, amazing acceleration and handling, cool retro interior and exterior styling, and great gadgets. Very roomy and comfortable. Affordable when used and very reliable. The engine is good for over 300k miles when serviced properly.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission is a dog and guaranteed to fail. Electric motors for windows, antennae fail routinely. Fuel economy could be a little better, but it's far from bad. The trunk should be larger. Interior accessory orientation is difficult to get used to. Depreciation is horrible. Buy used

Good Car
By j2wake

1993 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

The Q has been a good vehicle. Purchase warranty with vehicle up to 100,000. Unfortunately, problems didn't occur until after warranty expired. Currently have 144,000 - transmission failing, control arms have been replaced twice. Door locks mechanics replaced twice. Experience problem with compression and heads replaced. Performance has been great. The 278 horses really move this car. My '89 Nissan Maxima has been a more realiable car.

Favorite Features

Ride comfort and power are great.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission in vehicle is the same as Pathfinder. The transmission shifts abruptly at times and is not very realiable. Like most Nissans, brake pads on older models have a very short life. Fuel economy is poor but you don't buy this car for good gas mileage

Best Car I've Owned
By Crookie

1993 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

This is, by far, the best car I've owned. A great engine, combined with a great interior are the best aspects of this car. Exterior styling may turn off some, but I love the old Q's. I now have 138,000 miles on it and still love cruising around in it. Only downfall is poor traction in the snow (even with traction control option)

Favorite Features

Great performance from 278 HP engine; great freeway cruiser, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

AWD option; bose system underpowered. More rear seat room.

Sit back and enjoy the ride
By AntonioP

1993 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

Super car to own. Fast, comfortable, and reliable. This car is an absolute dream to drive, I mean you step on the gas and you actually move. I have nearly 160k miles and all I had to change so far was the water pump and the fan. As long as you keep up with your preventative maintenance (tune ups, oil changes and annual inspections) this car won't let you down.

Favorite Features

The power and smooth driving

Suggested Improvements

No cup holders

Not a bad car
By Giodoc

1993 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

This is a great luxury car with a lot of power(4.5 287HP V8 engine). My car has over 150k miles and I've never had a problem with it other than normal maintenance. Certainly not as smooth as a BMW, but what is. Overall I think its a fine automobile with some spunk to it.

Favorite Features

If your looking for a powerful luxury car this is it. Its 4.5 287hp V8 certainly does the trick and believe it or not the gas milage it gets isn't too bad, I believe 17 mpg in the city and 22 mpg highway.

Suggested Improvements

All in all its a fine auto and there isn't much about it I would change.