1992 Infiniti Q45 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:
1992 Infiniti Q45
By johny on 03/07/08 15:50 PM (PST)

1992 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I loved my "Q" I hated my "Q" ! Transmission failure at 65,000 miles. Engine failure at 126,000 miles. Piston hit valve total engine loss. AC failed. Window lifts front doors failed. Sun roof motor, antenna motor, door lock driver side failed. Easily the most costly and unreliable car I have ever owned. No Nissans for me EVER!!!

A blast to drive
By Joseph B on 03/20/07 14:31 PM (PDT)

1992 Infiniti Q45 A 4dr Sedan

I have loved this car ever since I bought it. It has a very power engine and is yet very comfy. If someone gets a 90-93 THEY HAVE TO REPLACE the chain guides for the timing chains. They are plastic from the factory and break. If the guides break the timing chain can flop around and the crankshaft or cam can jump a tooth resulting in piston to valve contact. The updated versions are metal backed and do not fail. This is a very big job for the D.I.Y'er. At the dealer expect to pay $3000 for the job. If you do it yourself the parts will cost $200 Once the chain guides are done with proper maintenance these cars can go to 300,000K easy! These cars are great and VERY reliable

Ist of three Q45s - Still Going
By Norm Wulff@neo.rr.co on 02/16/05 20:20 PM (PST)

1992 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

Bought it used in 1996 at 41,000 miles along with 100,000 mile warrantee from Infiniti. They repalced transmission at 50,000 and essentially the entire A/C. After warrantee expired at 100K, I replaced one fuel injector, a belt idler pulley, an alternator, a suspension arm (front bushing), bellows (rubber) on the rack and pinion steering and of course brake pads and rotors as consumed.

Reliable car
By useuro4 on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

This car is great for dependability, It will never let you down, It's great electronic devices let you know ahead of time before problems occur.If a light is out, or fluid is low..It is very attractive fun, and dependable

Q-ship
By kwitcherbichen on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

one super rev happy engine

awesome
By Tom Zelones on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I have this car for ten years. It still runs like a top. The only parts replaced tires and brakes. Solid will take on any sports cars.

An excellent choice
By phoks1 on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle approximately 5 years ago and am the second owner. The car has been everything one could ask for. It is stylish, fun to drive, comfortable, safe, and does not attract unwelcome attention. Best of all, I have over 100k miles and it has been 100% rock solid reliable. I take good care of my vehicles, but this thing seems like it was carved out of one solid block of metal. Strongly recommended.

A Little Trouble, But Well Worth It
By Nomad on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I've had my 92 Q45 for several years, and over 70K miles. It has been a fairly trouble free car and quite a joy to drive. It has great power. It is virtually effortless to drive. It rides like a cloud on air. If you like tight stearing and road feel like a BMW, this is not the car for you. I did finally have one major expense after 100K miles. I needed to replace the fuel injectors. That cost me 1600, but now it runs like new again. My major issues with the car concern the annual cost of ownership. You have to pay fairly high insurance rates, plus it only takes premium gasoline that it tends to drink up in city driving.

From now on I will only buy Infiniti
By Pimp on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Infiniti Q45 A 4dr Sedan

This has been the best car ever it a head turner. I like the quality of the make and even though it is older it is still very much in style.