Used 1992 Infiniti Q45 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:

1992 Infiniti Q45
By johny

1992 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

I loved my "Q" I hated my "Q" ! Transmission failure at 65,000 miles. Engine failure at 126,000 miles. Piston hit valve total engine loss. AC failed. Window lifts front doors failed. Sun roof motor, antenna motor, door lock driver side failed. Easily the most costly and unreliable car I have ever owned. No Nissans for me EVER!!!

Favorite Features

Fast and sexy looking. My black and chrome Q turned even the heads of hard bitten car guys.

A blast to drive
By Joseph B

1992 Infiniti Q45 A 4dr Sedan

I have loved this car ever since I bought it. It has a very power engine and is yet very comfy. If someone gets a 90-93 THEY HAVE TO REPLACE the chain guides for the timing chains. They are plastic from the factory and break. If the guides break the timing chain can flop around and the crankshaft or cam can jump a tooth resulting in piston to valve contact. The updated versions are metal backed and do not fail. This is a very big job for the D.I.Y'er. At the dealer expect to pay $3000 for the job. If you do it yourself the parts will cost $200 Once the chain guides are done with proper maintenance these cars can go to 300,000K easy! These cars are great and VERY reliable

Favorite Features

BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, and all little four banger's killer! Great car for the money. Blast to drive and yet very comfortable. Bose system is great and the side mirror defrosters work great. When you pop the hood look at the badge on the engine. It says around 280 hp, but in fact it's 300-320

Suggested Improvements

Nissan did not want to pay a steep tax so they disconnect the V.V.T system before the dyno to avoid the tax. Cup holders, and those damn chain guides. If you live in a high emission city the gas you use can slowly be killing your fuel injectors. Them and the knock sensors are also a weak link

Ist of three Q45s - Still Going
By Norm Wulff@neo.rr.co

1992 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

Bought it used in 1996 at 41,000 miles along with 100,000 mile warrantee from Infiniti. They repalced transmission at 50,000 and essentially the entire A/C. After warrantee expired at 100K, I replaced one fuel injector, a belt idler pulley, an alternator, a suspension arm (front bushing), bellows (rubber) on the rack and pinion steering and of course brake pads and rotors as consumed.

Favorite Features

A powerful engine with no exposed ignation wires, coils and plugs. I also own a '95 Q45 (155,000 miles) and a 2001 Q45 (44,000 miles)and am now looking for another used Q45 to replace the '95. They make excellent real estate agent's cars. Good value, 10K less than a Lexus 430.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel and coolant leaks under the plenum are expensive to correct. I would like to see improved rubber compounds in both the engine valley coolant hoses and fuel line hoses. Maybe they did that by now.

Reliable car
By useuro4

1992 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

This car is great for dependability, It will never let you down, It's great electronic devices let you know ahead of time before problems occur.If a light is out, or fluid is low..It is very attractive fun, and dependable

Favorite Features

I love all of the gadgets it offers. They are reaaly neat and they never break.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest that they somehow make them more fuel efficient

Q-ship
By kwitcherbichen

1992 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan

one super rev happy engine

Favorite Features

doing 7 grad on the tac

Suggested Improvements

build it again