1991 Infiniti Q45 Consumer Review: Is This Q for You?

1991 Infiniti Q45 - Consumer Review

Is This Q for You?
By LoveQHateQ on

1991 Infiniti Q45 A 4dr Sedan

A beautiful but flawed car. Anyone who goes near a used Q with the active suspension will regret it for the life of the car. Based on my experience it requires total replacement about every 4 years at a cost of $8-10K. Not exactly an acceptable maintainence item! Many other (expensive) repairs over the years with many covered by an extended warranty I purchased. I maxed out on that about 4 years in. However, when the car was on the road I loved it and I would have kept it longer if thought I could ever get it to a reliable state. If you want a used Q of this body style look for a newer model (99 or 2000). You can't afford this car today even if you get it for free.

Loved the engine, ride, interior, huge trunk and most everything else except the repair bills.

This car was built in the pre cup holder era. It's hard to believe you could have a car without a single one today.