1991 Infiniti Q45 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:
Better than my 2006 Toyota
By Matt on 07/11/09 16:55 PM (PDT)

1991 Infiniti Q45 Sedan A 4dr Sedan

Perfect car for just about anyone. A lot of horse power to pack a punch. Fun and useful. There's plenty of room but it's not too big. Works great for a family car as well. Best Car I've ever had. Even better than my 2006 Toyota Camry. The Q45 is a great car!

Love my Infiniti
By Mike on 07/10/08 18:35 PM (PDT)

1991 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Love my car except and its dependability. Have a few electrical failures, i.e., telescopic steering wheel & seat memory. Had to replace speedometer, after a ticket! Injectors have been a replacement issue as well. Otherwise, the car looking great and a daily driver.

Is This Q for You?
By LoveQHateQ on 08/09/07 23:09 PM (PDT)

1991 Infiniti Q45 Sedan A 4dr Sedan

A beautiful but flawed car. Anyone who goes near a used Q with the active suspension will regret it for the life of the car. Based on my experience it requires total replacement about every 4 years at a cost of $8-10K. Not exactly an acceptable maintainence item! Many other (expensive) repairs over the years with many covered by an extended warranty I purchased. I maxed out on that about 4 years in. However, when the car was on the road I loved it and I would have kept it longer if thought I could ever get it to a reliable state. If you want a used Q of this body style look for a newer model (99 or 2000). You can't afford this car today even if you get it for free.

Ilove driving
By carla on 01/24/06 12:25 PM (PST)

1991 Infiniti Q45 Sedan A 4dr Sedan

I love driving this car Ilove all the features of the g45 this car drive a nice and comforable

best and worst of a 1991 q45
By norma on 11/01/05 00:03 AM (PST)

1991 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

this car is comfortable moves very quickly. it has great power and has had nearly no needed work done on it. it rides like a dream and the control of the car is very good.the car gets 20 miles per gallon on the freeway and about 15 in town. it is a very stable car and responds well in the mountains or on windy roads. the engine is still strong and reliable as is the tranny and a/c etc. no compliants. the paint job is very good and shows no wear.the sun roof has had no problems and only one window control has had to be replaced.

1991 Q45
By pimphaurdr on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Infiniti Q45 Sedan A 4dr Sedan

well ive jad this car for a few days and i noticed it was not only fun to drive but had the power to make it fun to drive, i checked the ratings and what not but the only thing i have noticed was that the power steering has a few issues

Do Your Research
By maxcarr on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Infiniti Q45 Sedan 4dr Sedan

The 91 Q45T is an outstanding car. I researched it extensively prior to purchase. The car is on Motor Trend’s used car hot list. Car & Driver issue in 91 had the Big Q rated second to the LS 400 by a hair but said that if you want a driver’s car its # 1. The car rides and handles extremely well especially with the Hicas steering package. The car stopped within 15 ft. of C/D’s record for braking (by a Supra ie: sports car) at the time. The power is renown and even garnered praises from Consumer Reports. The only downside is lack of cupholders and lower resell price primarily due to Infiniti’s initially horrendous marketing.

Older but fun
By fine infiniti on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Infiniti Q45 Sedan A 4dr Sedan

Beautiful fun car. It had 180k miles, something I was hesitant about, but she runs like new. Extreme power, the V8 is in good condition. No problem scorching little 6 cylinders at stop lights. Good looks, leather, too bad I don't have some nice wheels to finish the package. Speedometer goes up to 160, but haven't really tried it.

A "Q" Beginner
By Q ing on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Infiniti Q45 Sedan A 4dr Sedan

I was looking @ a 740i when I saw on autobytel this 91 Q45a.It was in Conn. and I thought I would check it out. For less than $7000 I thought it was a bargin.It had 69000 mile.The car was garage kept and still looked and smelled new.I've put 3000+ miles on it. The power steering pump went and getting that fix was a joke.Over a week to get a rebuilt and it was the wrong part.I bit the bullit and went with the factory new part.3 times the cost!!I'm not complaining of the cost,I went into this knowing repairs would be costly. Gas mileage is very good.I have a 98 jeep grand cherekee limited w/ the V 8. It gets 13 in the city 17 on the highway.The Q is 17 to 18 in the city.