2011 Infiniti M56 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M56 model:
Shifting my gear from Beemer to infiniti
By taigo on 12/29/10 08:56 AM (PST)

2011 Infiniti M56 x 4dr Sedan AWD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I have been driving BMW 550i since 2006 (first release of 550i). I cant deny I had a lot of fun and appreciation toward my Beemer. But I did not notice any subtaintial improvement from the model 2006 to 2008, even the HP remained the same between 2006-2008, this year they did man up to 400 HP...but the price also jump to almost 1.5 times. So I took a look at Audi, Lexus, Acura and eventually ended showing up in infiniti showroom. I was not really thrilled about exterior but the performance of the car is outstanding. The comfort seating, smooth driving and the 420 hp did blow me away. The navigation system, rear view camera, and the gear mode changing are excellent...

had an e550
By speedfreak5 on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Infiniti M56 4dr Sedan (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Had an E550 that i liked a lot-but it was not very sporty. The interior is much nicer than the e550. the performance is about the same. i love the change but have nothing bad to say about the E550. Also like the larger feel of the infinity.I think the E550 is more expensive when you consider option for option.

Transmission needs work
By billyvette on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti M56 4dr Sedan (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I'm happy with just about everything on and in the car except the transmission is jerky and undecided as to what gear it should be in at slow speeds. Between 20 - 40 mph, the gears shift up and down over 1K rpm because the computer can't figure out what gear to be in. The car actually jerks back and forth. Infiniti knows about this and is working on it.

Fun to Drive/Troubling Exhaust Dirt
By LAS on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti M56 4dr Sedan (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Have owned many luxury and sports luxury cars. This one is my first Infiniti and the most fun to drive. Excellent power although acceleration is not a smooth as competitors. Excellent ownership experience so far despite some hick-ups.

Better and worse than an M45
By Blastphemy on 08/24/10 16:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti M56 4dr Sedan (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Infiniti has gone to great lengths refining many aspects of the M for 2011 but there are still many things that need improvement. While I enjoy my M56 a lot, there are features that worked better on my '08 M45 (such as XM NavTraffic, which is a disaster on the M56 and every other 2010+ Infiniti model). And there are features that are completely backwards, like the armrest button you press OUT to fold the side mirrors IN, and the song selection button you press UP to switch to the next song DOWN on the list. Doors lock automatically at 15mph and you can't do anything about it. And there is so little ability to customize the warning/intervention systems that one is inclined to leave them off!

Better and worse than an M45
By Blastphemy on 08/24/10 16:46 PM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti M56 4dr Sedan (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Infiniti has gone to great lengths refining many aspects of the M for 2011, but there are still many things that need improvement. While I enjoy my M56 a lot, there are features that worked better on my '08 M45 (such as XM NavTraffic, which is a disaster on the M56 and every other 2010+ Infiniti model). And there are features that are completely backwards, like the armrest button you press OUT to fold the side mirrors IN, and the song selection button you press UP to switch to the next song DOWN on the list. Doors lock automatically at 15mph and you can't do anything about it. And there is so little ability to customize the warning/intervention systems that one is inclined to leave them off!

Must be test driven
By Flans on 06/16/10 13:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti M56 x 4dr Sedan AWD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

This is my 3rd M and is the the best of the lot in all aspects except one. The transmission is a disaster. It has too many gears and is constantly searching for the correct one. Very annoying. It's a magnificent beast on the highway on a long trip. Not meant to be driven around town.

Bravo!
By seattle on 04/14/10 01:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti M56 x 4dr Sedan AWD (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

The only thing better than my M45, was the M45X I purchased, then along came the M56X - I got one of the first in the region. Nissan really listened when they built this. Everything has improved, and the additional horsepower puts it into a different league. I love the ride - feels more substantial, and corners like it's on rails with breathtaking acceleration. My wife says it reminds her of our BMW 750 - but more fun, with a sexier interior and exterior. Electronics, back up cam, sound system, etc. all exceptional. They even added a heated steering wheel and retractable outside mirrors. The dial-a-transmission is very clever. Bravo!

From Lexus to Mercedes to Infiniti
By LAS on 04/12/10 17:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti M56 4dr Sedan (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Just sold my 2007 Lexus LS460L and made a mistake in buying a 2008 Mercedes E350. Disappointed with the Mercedes, I went shopping and discovered the 2011 Infiniti M56. Great car all around. Fast, powerful, refined, comfortable and lots of bells and whistles.

Great Choice
By Car (not beer) Nut on 04/09/10 21:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti M56 4dr Sedan (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

Looked an the usual suspects - E550, 550, A6 V8. All nice cars, but none of them had the balance of exterior design, interior style, performance and value. The 2011 MB has no style, BMW is way overrated and need to learn how to do an interior and the Audi needs to be updated. Just look up the performance numbers - the Infiniti has a great ride and is luxurious.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.