2006 Infiniti M45 Consumer Review: Long term love affair

2006 Infiniti M45 - Consumer Review

Long term love affair
By cammer on

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Wanted to give a long term persepctive on the M45 (Sport) I have put over trouble free 60k miles on the car. I must say it has surpassed the high expectations I had when I bought it 5 years ago. I had purchased the car after Car & Driver rating it higher than the 5 series. I drove several of the competitors and was sold due to the handling, power, technology, build quality (only Nissan built in Japan in 06) and vale. It price out 15k less than comparable BMW, lexus & Mercedes. The car continues to deliver all the positive traits to this day!

Handling/ build quality...still as tight as the day I bought it. Strong and smooth V8 that sounds terrific with an Injen intake! Very comfortable highway cruiser for the whole family, the seats are better than my previous Recaros and the other creature comforts are top notch. The suspension, road noise and handling improved greatly with different tires (Hankook V12's!) Reliable, sophisticated vehicle. Definitely the best car i have ever owned!

Fuel economy was advertised as 16/21 and i have consistently got 20 mpg over the life of the car. I am an aggressive driver that put on mostly highway miles. Adaptive cruise control is way too sensitive and the firmware upgrade needs to be done after every battery disconnect.