Used 2006 Infiniti M45 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M45 model:

Quiet, Sleek, Rocketship!
By Walter M.

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the '06 Sport M45 w/the Journey/Tech packages.WOW! I've always owned German made cars, (My last 2 cars were an Audi A6 with bi-turbo,and a 5 series BMW) and this car BLOWS them away! Everything is in a sensible place and easy to reach.The engine is quiet and powerful.The handling on corners is very impressive.The rear wheel of the M45 turns about 1 degree in the opposite direction of your turn. It may not sound like much, but you'll be able to see and feel how it handles through turns. The GPS is much better than the one in my wife's BMW X5.Now for the downside, the lane departure system can be a pain in the neck if you love driving on winding roads.The M45 uses gas like it's free

Great gadgets. Blue-tooth connection, voice activated GPS and radio.The dvd system is great,and when I'm parked waiting for my wife I can also view what the kids are watching on the GPS screen.The 5.1 dolby surroundsound is out of this world! You can play 5.1 dolby cd's in the dvd for great sound.

The when rear video screen in use, it blocks most of the vision in the rear view mirror. The lane departure system should be manually controlled, instead of being on automatically when you start the car.

Gentle Beast
By sib1948

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

After driving Tahoes for 10 years, I had to buy this vehicle after a test drive. Power and handling are superb, while the cabin is comfortable and quiet. The last time I had this much fun in a car was my '94 Corvette convertible, but now with my first grandchild, I needed a safe car with 4 doors and reasonable backseat space. The frontseats have more room than any other vehicle in it's class. The console is easy to use and I can even read all the buttons without my glasses. The Bluetooth handsfree technology works flawlessly, transferring calls from my cellphone into the cabin, when my phone is on in the car. Enough blithering, go take one for a test drive and you'll see what I mean.

Bluetooth wireless technology Center console design Sports car performance

Best Sports Car + Luxury Sedan Ever...
By Maanav Patel

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent Power + Handling, Great look inside and outside..it beats Beamer, Benz, and obviously Jag..

Bose Surround Sound system + Sporty look with aluminium trim + Nav System

Sports model should have options such as back seat control, back screen shade ( these are only in luxury model )...

Acceleration blocked
By Bob Ringgenberrg

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Rarely when attempting to accelerate for a stop or slow speed, it gets stuck at 2,000 rpm and 20 mph and will not advance . You must take your foot off the accelerator and reapply slowly, Same with the manual mode. Can be dangerus when changing lanes in heavy traffic. To dealer 3 timers, they say they can not replicate this and it is fine. It is not fine, did this from day one. Some one said a software problem may exist as it is 1st generation software. I think I will trade in on a G35. I really like the M45 but but every time you want to get up and go you hold your breath because there is a chance it won't. Any help appreciated.

Big trunk, performance and handling, when it is not stuck at 2000 rpm.

New 2nd generation software that will allow the car to accelerate as it should. Any problems with the 05 G35 that I am contmplating?

First of it's kind!
By Scott C.

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

After driving a BMW M3 for three years without a ticket, it was time to quit while I was ahead. I had a yen to trade for a luxury car but did not want to give up on the performance side. The new M45 was perfect. Beautiful, very hi-tech, and silly fast. I found I gave up very little on the performance side, but gained nearly everywhere else. Wonderful car.

Nav, seat air, voice recog, steering, sport suspension, Bose Surround Stereo, and 335 HP V8

Inflatable side bolsters (driver seat) would add to comfort on Sports Model.