2004 Infiniti M45 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 5-speed Automatic - (32 reviews )
It's going to be a classic
By Karl on 11/17/07 17:19 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti M45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my 2004 brand new right after my BMW 540i came out of the shop, Again. It is an awesome car that is not well known. I took a BMW 530 to task with no problem. No one knows what this "sleeper" can do. Most don't even know what the M45 is. At 70 MPH this car is asking you to please let it go faster. At 100 MPH its asking to please open it up all the way. During that time it feels and handles like a German car and the stereo is going, so pay attention to your driving. If you can't handle or appreciate very fast cars, go get a something else. This one is a dark horse among many wannabes. At today's prices its a steal. They won't be so low for long.

My M45
By Stafford on 10/29/07 07:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti M45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car because it had a great review. After the initial purchase my experience was wow! I would love to purchase a new car but I am so satisfied with the overall experience that it make me scared that purchasing another car I will get less. Most new cars are great looking but their performance and overall quality is not as good as the '04 M45. A Mercedes S650 AMG. Talk about money. I guess its the '04 M45 for now and I love. See you on the highway in my rearview. LOL

Best of Class
By theyoke on 07/19/07 10:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti M45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I was passing a used car lot and saw this car, it looked interesting. The interior looked refined, comfortable and luxurious. Then I took a test drive and was hooked. Actually, test drove 3 of them and a Q within a month. This is a hard car to find and worth the effort to look. I got a black one with spoiler and the premium pkg last week. I drove it on a winding back road on Sunday. It was fantastic. The handling is exceptional on winding roads and freeways alike. The acceleration is unbelievabe and the amenities are the best in this class. The voice command system is great along with the sound system. It's a great car that you rarely see. Test drive it and you'll be hooked too!

Smooth, fast and love it
By rocketgirl on 02/28/07 17:10 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti M45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Super powerful, handles smoothly, very comfortable. We call it the rocket for the super quick smooth acceleration. It is so great on the highway and around town. Has been very reliable.

Fun Summer Ride look out for snow
By wcosmo on 09/19/06 08:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti M45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

poor in snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! outstanding dry road conditions, fun to drive voice control not used after second week

What a fun car!!
By Peter on 12/20/05 06:03 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti M45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

My first car in this class and I wanted something reliable, which meant it had to come from Japan. So the choice with this or a Lexus, and I have no complaints. After having the car for almost two years I still say WOW! Fast, smooth, and great options. It took a little wile to learn how the options work...but after you understand they come second nature.

Best V-8 deal going
By Robert on 01/19/05 20:07 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti M45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

For $40k, this is the best V-8 deal going. Scary fast, pretty quiet, great dealer, better than average warranty, and lots of interior features.

Best Performance and comfort
By Sam on 01/07/05 01:25 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti M45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Best Sedan performance plus quality for the money in America, specially 1-2 yr old used one. Smooth and quiet at high speeds. Great stereo.

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
By nbeyond on 01/02/05 09:50 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti M45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Went in to look at the G35, but was not as impressed with that car as reviews had led me to believe. Actually hadn't heard of the M45, but was immediately attracted to the interior design and comfort before I drove it. Then, wow! Clearly, a refined muscle car. You just don't expect to get quick acceleration and tight handling from what is essentially a luxury sedan. The Edmunds review compares the looks to a Cadillac DeVille, but with the rear spoiler and after adding custom chrome wheels, they couldn't be more wrong. I drove the Cadillac STS-V and BMW 545 before picking this car--couldn't see a good enough reason to spend another $10-15K. And, gotta love the reliability reports!

M45 OK in Richmond
By Duane on 12/28/04 11:54 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti M45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Moved from an I35 to M45! Car has alot of horses! Could be a little better from the start but awesome excelleration after 55 miles an hour. Happy with the handling but could have leg room in back seat and why can't they have cruise and radio controls light up @ nite? Also they should have doors lock and unlock when moved from park. For the price they should have more standard features!