Used 2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Infiniti M45 - Consumer Reviews

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan

Base 4.5L V8 5-speed Automatic - (105 reviews )

Definitely an all around muscle car and more
By vitalydelvalle

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 1 year ago fully loaded with 65k miles on the clock. The car gets loads of attention and compliments, my mechanic always compliments the powerful v8 and many get surprised when they find out the car has 340 horses under the hood. Ive had a few issues with the car, like the fuel gauge inaccuracy which has left me stranded a few times on the road. My camshaft position sensor failed me at around 75k miles. My only complaint is parts are scarce and everything must be special ordered from infiniti. Other than parts issues, recalls, and general maintenance this car is flawless .

Favorite Features

The styling is retro yet modern, which adds a fine twist yet compliments the 340 hp power plant which leaves the common muscle car caught in a state of confusion. The interior is ahead of its time but could use a darker wood trim than the bright maple offered. I enjoy the laser cruise control, the voice command option, the climate control bucket seats and the leather wrapped sport steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Steering is average, and could use alot less body roll. The 5 speed manual tiptronic delays whens shifting.

NICE Car Bad Back Seat
By logan2744

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the car about 8 months ago. It had 124,000 miles on it. I was on a local government auction site and saw it. I wasn't even looking for a car. I was actually looking for something else not car related. It had issues. Needed paint, starter, driver seat and some tlc. I checked for recalls and found that it had 2 recalls that needed to be done. Infiniti fixed them. While at the Infiniti Shop they saw that the gas gauge wasn't working properly. That was a $1000.00+ to repair. So after getting it painted, a new driver seat, starter and putting some tlc in it at an additional cost of $1000.00+ I finally think I have a great running car. Car has some get up to it.

Favorite Features

The Get Up And Go. The look and style of it. Not very many of them out here so I feel I got something that could become a classic.

Suggested Improvements

Rear back seat leg room. Wish they made it possible for you to upgrade to the Navigation system if you changed you mind down the road about having it. Mine did not have Navigation and I wish I could upgrade to the Navigation System.

Always liked the style and power.
By realdeal305

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2003 M45 with 70,000 miles on it. I've always liked the style and the power is great. Its a great used car bargain I'm just glad I never bought it new. The quality is below luxury in my book. I also have a Lexus the quality of the material and finish is top notch. The Infiniti not so much trunk struts don't work, center arm rest is cheap and feels loose, sunroof liner coming apart, fuel guage not reading correctly (recalled ), engine doesn't start up on first try sometimes, and airbag light is on. Alot of issues for a car with 70k, but I've always wanted one and I dont regret buying it for $7500. Especially since its not a daily driver. I have a Gs300 and Yaris for that.

Favorite Features

Love the power of the engine even though the tranny is slow to react at times. But it does handle the power well.

Suggested Improvements

Way to late for improvements. So just have to deal with the car as is.

Don't buy it.
By davec160

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Obviously all used cars now and if you see one on the lot steer clear and let it rot on the lot. We have owned one now for about 4 years and up til recently have been some what satisfied. It has about 80K on it and everything is falling apart. Like previous poster gas guage is unreliable and it has been in the shop waiting for a part for over a week now. The whole instrument cluster has to be replaced!! A big rig has a tighter turning radius. Interior lights have been replaced a few times too and rarely work correctly. Infinities are not built to last.

03 INFINITI M45 BEST CAR EVER OWNED
By mike s

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Best car i ever bought.Paid 15,000 with only 88,000 and a full elite Infiniti warranty.had major oil burning issue which Infiniti took care of and replaced L.B. @ 96,000. Fun to drive,very fast,and looks great.

Favorite Features

Every part of the car.No complaints.If i had to pick one thing,its very fast for a four door sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Tighter shifting in manual mode