2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 5-speed Automatic - (105 reviews )
Definitely an all around muscle car and more
By vitalydelvalle on 08/15/14 22:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 1 year ago fully loaded with 65k miles on the clock. The car gets loads of attention and compliments, my mechanic always compliments the powerful v8 and many get surprised when they find out the car has 340 horses under the hood. Ive had a few issues with the car, like the fuel gauge inaccuracy which has left me stranded a few times on the road. My camshaft position sensor failed me at around 75k miles. My only complaint is parts are scarce and everything must be special ordered from infiniti. Other than parts issues, recalls, and general maintenance this car is flawless .

NICE Car Bad Back Seat
By logan2744 on 06/18/14 07:02 AM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the car about 8 months ago. It had 124,000 miles on it. I was on a local government auction site and saw it. I wasn't even looking for a car. I was actually looking for something else not car related. It had issues. Needed paint, starter, driver seat and some tlc. I checked for recalls and found that it had 2 recalls that needed to be done. Infiniti fixed them. While at the Infiniti Shop they saw that the gas gauge wasn't working properly. That was a $1000.00+ to repair. So after getting it painted, a new driver seat, starter and putting some tlc in it at an additional cost of $1000.00+ I finally think I have a great running car. Car has some get up to it.

Always liked the style and power.
By realdeal305 on 07/22/12 09:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2003 M45 with 70,000 miles on it. I've always liked the style and the power is great. Its a great used car bargain I'm just glad I never bought it new. The quality is below luxury in my book. I also have a Lexus the quality of the material and finish is top notch. The Infiniti not so much trunk struts don't work, center arm rest is cheap and feels loose, sunroof liner coming apart, fuel guage not reading correctly (recalled ), engine doesn't start up on first try sometimes, and airbag light is on. Alot of issues for a car with 70k, but I've always wanted one and I dont regret buying it for $7500. Especially since its not a daily driver. I have a Gs300 and Yaris for that.

Don't buy it.
By davec160 on 05/19/11 12:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Obviously all used cars now and if you see one on the lot steer clear and let it rot on the lot. We have owned one now for about 4 years and up til recently have been some what satisfied. It has about 80K on it and everything is falling apart. Like previous poster gas guage is unreliable and it has been in the shop waiting for a part for over a week now. The whole instrument cluster has to be replaced!! A big rig has a tighter turning radius. Interior lights have been replaced a few times too and rarely work correctly. Infinities are not built to last.

03 INFINITI M45 BEST CAR EVER OWNED
By mike s on 02/03/10 18:04 PM (PST)

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Best car i ever bought.Paid 15,000 with only 88,000 and a full elite Infiniti warranty.had major oil burning issue which Infiniti took care of and replaced L.B. @ 96,000. Fun to drive,very fast,and looks great.

Jeckyll and Hyde
By qualityfirst1 on 01/20/10 22:54 PM (PST)

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I still believe this car is a Jeckyll and Hyde. We're still enjoying the power, but the transmission isn't very responsive and the manual mode is worthless. The seats are comfortable and have nice amenities, but the driver's seat squeaks now. We still love all the gadgets, but they are difficult to use. We've encountered more issues, but we do have 108K miles now. The exhaust manifold was changed under warranty. Now it's cracked again - poorly engineered. We still burn a quart every 1,000 miles (108 quarts so far!) Tire wear is phenomenal. The originals ran 28K miles. The second set were Essenzia and were just changed. The new Hankook Ventas don't feel very good on the car.

Still drives very well
By qualityfirst1 on 12/12/09 14:55 PM (PST)

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

This car had lots of positives, but the few negatives does sour our ownership experience. Our M45 has a very unique look, which I've come to like. The interior is still very nice. Our car still drives very well - it doesn't feel like 108K mi. The power is very impressive. The aluminum suspension components cut unsprung weight. A lot of things have broken, which is upsetting. Infiniti service writers are nice, but they will not fight for the customer. Our air bag light has been on since a hair over 50K mi. The warranty is good up to 7yr/70K, but they wouldn't fix it. The oil issue stinks. Due to the bad service, I won't buy again.

M45
By M45 on 08/10/09 14:12 PM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

One of the best cars I've ever driven next to the Mercedes cars. The car is a head turner to most, but is subject to criticism by a few due to the styling, but that makes it all the better. This car doesn't follow the same lines or mold as the other cars. Infiniti stepped outside the box on this 03-04 M45 setup and I'm glad they did. The car is strong and handles well in the straight away. I haven't had any issues since I bought it in 2005. No gas gauge or oil issues.

M for Muscle 4.5 V8
By TJ on 07/21/09 09:48 AM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a used 2003 M45 in 2006 with 28000 miles on it. It is black with brushed aluminum wheels. It also has hand painted silver and gray pinstripe along the length of the vehicle. This picks up the chrome and the wheels nicely. This car is a beast on the road. I have complete confidence in the capabilities when highway driving. The car is very stable. Stays flat on the road. No pitch or yaw issues for a car of this size. There is more than enough power to get you in/out of trouble ;)... The V8 is smooth and responsive. It responds with a growl during acceleration at any rpms. There is no equal for the money. What a value!

The Bomb!!
By Scott on 06/09/09 21:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Infiniti M45 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned my M45 for just over 5 years. This has been the most enjoyable, reliable car I've owned and I've had 19 cars. After 5 years, it still turns heads at the styling. Odd and unique....which is why I love it. Not a lot of them on the road. The power is second to none in its class, the features are top of the line for a 2003 model and it handles better than any BMW, Mercedes, Lexus I've had the pleasure of driving. So many reviews complain of gas mileage.....what do you expect in a V8 performance car??? It's not a Hybrid!